PDA

View Full Version : Halloween party clarifications....

mindyjoh
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM
When they do the Halloween parties in Sept and Oct., if you choose not to purchase the separate tickets for that, does that mean you cannot be in MK at that time? Do they use the whole park for the Halloween party?

They will be having one party the week we are there and I won't plan on being in MK that day if we aren't purchasing the separate ticket.

Friend of Figment
04-30-2009, 09:32 AM
They clear the parks at the start time for the party. They steer party guests to Tomorrowland (at least at the Christmas Party).
Party guests have a wrist band which is checked at each ride.

BugeyedMuggy
04-30-2009, 09:34 AM
You have to purchase a ticket to be there. The regular park hours close early the day of the party.

Disney Doll
04-30-2009, 09:35 AM
They do use the entire MK for the party and you will need a party ticket to stay past 7:00pm on party nights. It's an awesome party to experience though so I would really recommend getting the extra ticket and checking it out.

BriarRose0708
04-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Guests who haven't purchased the separate Halloween Party ticket are asked to leave the park by 7:00 p.m. There are plenty of announcements made throughout the afternoon that there is a party that evening, and if you haven't purchased a ticket you will need to leave. If a party hasnt' sold out you can still buy a ticket at Guest Services. The entire park is used for the duration of the party, and if you don't have a wrist band Cast Members won't let you on rides or attractions.

I found when I went to the party ticket holders can enter at 4 p.m., and a few of the special party perks were already out before 7. For example, if you get a dinner reservation for LTT, the characters are in Halloween costumes and the wait staff are dressed in Haunted Mansion attaire. Also, at around 6:15 Cinderella's carriage was out and you could get pictures taken in front of it even if you didn't have a wrist band.

If you do go to the MK that day and don't plan on staying for the party, I'd recommend leaving in the late afternoon, as Main St. can get pretty bottlenecked with party-goers entering and non party guests leaving. I hope you get to experience a party while you are there, its a fantastic time!

DANAM
04-30-2009, 11:15 AM
We had a wonderful time at MNSSHP. You may want to reconsider going. It is a completly different experience than just being there during regular park hours. The shows, parade, and fireworks are really something to see. As a party of 4 I felt like it was worth every dollar.

mrsgaribaldi
04-30-2009, 09:32 PM
I love the party. It's well worth the money. Attractions are usually so empty when we do the party in late Sept or early Oct. It's more crowded and even sold out as they approach the 31st. Try to do it if you can, it's really exciting. :witch: