PDA

View Full Version : Bad show @ test track

stephntampa
04-30-2009, 09:08 AM
My DS and I were at Epcot yesterday, and waited 50 minutes to ride TT. We didn't mind the wait, but when we rode, we had no audio the whole time and it (obviously) took away from the experience. Fortunately we were able to fastpass it and rode again later, with audio. I feel bad for guests that may have never experienced the attraction, they wouldn't know, and probably walk away from the attraction thinking, meh.

SBETigg
04-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah, that's a bummer. I think the audio is pretty key in making the ride effective. I love it and I know it pretty well without audio, but first-timers might have been a little lost.

dnickels
04-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I was on Universe of Energy last week and they were just about to show the final Jeopardy scene when the show first lost audio and then video. One of the cast members, an older woman, started narrating what was going on. If you'd seen the ride before it was pretty funny the way she was trying to do it, but if you'd never been on the ride before you would have walked out going :confused: :confused: :confused:

cinderella crazy
04-30-2009, 10:21 AM
This happened the last time I rode Test Track. It's not my favorite ride. Almost everytime I've been on it, it has had some type of problem. It kind of takes the enjoyment out of the ride. I only go on it know because our DS is tall enough to ride and it's fun to watch his reactions.

GrumpyFan
04-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Most likely it was probably just the car you were in. And, considering that the audio is a big portion of the ride, with lots of sound effects added, it would make the ride seem less thrilling.

I was on it once when they were having some kind of technical issue, and the car was moving at about half speed, but the audio was full speed for each of the sections. It was interesting because we got to hear how much it really added. I think in those cases, you should be able to ask to re-ride without getting off.

DNS
04-30-2009, 12:17 PM
It was so long before we were able to ride TT because it was always down for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but it seems it's the least reliable ride at WDW.

Hull-onian
04-30-2009, 12:39 PM
The last time we went, we did the single line. Got all the way up to the top to get on the ride and it broke down. Oh, well.

#1donaldfan
04-30-2009, 12:44 PM
.... I really like the ride, but the wait is horrible....even if it's for 10 minutes....the background noise soon gets to me ... the clanking and clicking.....it's near torture...

GrumpyFan
04-30-2009, 01:10 PM
It was so long before we were able to ride TT because it was always down for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but it seems it's the least reliable ride at WDW.

Yeah, it's pretty un-reliable. It wasn't until my seventh trip that I was able to ride. I tried every time I was there and for one reason or another could not get on it. However, my first time was the absolute best! It had just started to rain and had been a really hot day. As the car exited the building to begin the speed run, the rain was hitting us in the face. At first it stung, but then we just sucked it up and enjoyed the thrill of the speed, wind and rain. I've been back on it several times since, but none of the rides were like that one.

WDW_Obsessed
04-30-2009, 01:20 PM
I really do enjoy TT, but I agree with some other posters that it always seems to have some technical issue every time we're there. At least one of our rides has something go wrong, and I've only ridden it a handful of times where it went all the way through without stopping for at least several seconds to minutes (25 minutes once!). Still, we visit it every trip for the fun little thrill at the end :mickey:

Mousemates
04-30-2009, 01:44 PM

:ditto:

caryrae
04-30-2009, 04:16 PM

The last time we rode TT in 2006, it would go then stop for 5-10 minutes then go then stop again ect it did that 5 or 6 times while we were on it.:mad: Not sure how many times we would be waiting in line then the ride stopped working for a while other years. Very unreliable

homeschool mom
04-30-2009, 04:19 PM
DH and I rode it last week and it kept stopping and starting. I felt sorry for the person riding next to me, she had never ridden before but said she would try it again. It was pretty disappointing and we didn't get back to ride it again.

MaxPower
04-30-2009, 10:08 PM
I know many people don't like to "cause a fuss"- but If you would have told the cast member as you exited that your ride had no audio, you would probably have been allowed to ride again immediately in a properly operating vehicle.

tjstrike
05-01-2009, 01:07 AM

That's due to the fact that they're GM cars !! LOL :D

jk

cinderella crazy
05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I know many people don't like to "cause a fuss"- but If you would have told the cast member as you exited that your ride had no audio, you would probably have been allowed to ride again immediately in a properly operating vehicle.

Honestly, if I did this, I would have had to do it everytime I've ridden it. I like the ride, but it has had a problem everytime single time. I keep ridding it hoping it will work right.

That's due to the fact that they're GM cars !! LOL :D
jk

:funny: Although we are fans of GM cars, this was still funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Daisy'sMom
05-01-2009, 06:23 PM
We were there on Wednesday and while we were waiting in the fast pass line, they annouced that TT had a problem and would close. We were told to turn around and try back in a few hours.
By then we were out in the countries and skipped it all together. I know it opened again, I heard the cars going on the track.

streets of paris
05-02-2009, 12:08 AM
TT malfunctions alot

you MUST ask for a reride if your attraction experience was poor

they will not OFFER you a reride but if you ask, you will get it!!

EPCOTExplorer
05-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Bring back World of Motion. Problem solved.:D

MadMadamMim
05-02-2009, 01:16 PM
"Bring back World of Motion. Problem solved."

Agreed!! It's fun to be free!

Also TT seems to always have a ridiculous wait for the attraction that it is. Oh well. That's Disney for ya.

Ian
05-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I would say ... probably close to 50% of the time, maybe? ... we end up in a car with no video or audio.

That's pretty sad.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 06:20 PM

Yes, it isn't really causing a fuss, in this regard. If there is something that ruins the ride (i.e. cameras with flash, etc), tell a CM they will make it right!
:pipes:
D

dmosher
05-02-2009, 06:21 PM
That's due to the fact that they're GM cars !!

Haha HARSH.. probably true, but Harsh. Guess if HONDA was sponsoring it, this wound not be happening, they are much more reliable and better on fuel. hehe
:pipes:
D