PDA

View Full Version : halloween party and hallowishes question

dyin tago
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
hi,

wife and I are going to the world a bit later in september than usual this year and can do one of the halloween party nights this time.
we will not have children so we wonder if it is worth the extra cost for this?
also I read that disney puts on a special "hallowishes" fireworks show on these nights. are they as good or better than the regular wishes? also,are crowds similar to evening extra magic hours or is it more crowded?:mickey:

marylynne95
04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
I have gone with and without kids and sometimes I think the grown-ups have more fun. ;) I think the fireworks display is as good if not better then the regualr display. The parade and villians show are awesome. I have gone the past 3 years, unfortunately not going this year at that time, but I will get to do MVMCP. :mickey:

g8rgirl29
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM
We went last year (Me 43, DH 38, DD 4)in mid Sept and I thought it was worth every penny!! The fireworks were great and probably the most relaxing I have ever been to, everyone just sat around on the ground in front of the castle!! I think the parade was one of the best I have ever seen at WDW, and again least crowded and more relaxed!! The crowds were lighter towards the end of the night but is wasn't very crowded the whole night. Most rides were walk ons during the parade. The longest line wait posted was 20 minutes and it really was more like 10-15. The longest we waited in line was for a pic in front of Cinderellas carriage and for some of the characters. Last year was the first time we went and we plan to do this again this year!!

Strmchsr
04-29-2009, 11:36 AM
I definitely thought it was worth it. We thought the MVMCP was so-so, worth it once, but not again, but decided to give MNSSHP a try and liked it a LOT more. We'd definitely do it any time we're down there during the fall.

joanna71985
04-29-2009, 12:08 PM
I've gone without kids, and I had a blast. I can't wait to go again in the fall.

pluto 77
04-29-2009, 12:22 PM
it is well worth the extra $$. I dont have any children so each time I have gone it has been just us adults. We always have a blast and there are some great photo opts.

The Hallowishes in my opinion is actually better than the regular wishes.

As far as the crowds go I think it depends on the night. I think they are managable and wait time is generally short. I would reccomend watching the second parade which is less crowded. Also you can enter the park at 4pm with your ticket, so you have plenty of time to relax and just take it all in!

deedeebee
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
We went for the first time last year, it was a blast, the parade was the best:number1: Well worth the money. We can't wait to go again:thumbsup:

Zawadi
04-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Definitely worth going to,

This has been discussed on a previous thread http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=152787 if you still have any doubts about going.

DANAM
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
We have kids but the shows, parade, and fireworks alone are worth it. You have to do it al least once.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
We don't have kids and we had a blast at MNSSHP. We went during the week, so it wasn't as crowded. A CM told us that weekends are crazy. We trick or treated and were excited to get some different candy that we don't have in Canada. We actually loved the parade so much we watched it twice; once in front of the CBJ and second time in front of the castle (on oppposite sides of the street). We saw different stuff and got different pics each time. The fireworks are awsome too. They seemed to be longer than wishes. On our last night we watched them on the beach of the Poly. I can't wait to go back this year. :mickey:

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 06:12 PM
The shorter wait times make it awesome. All the rest is icing on the cake.

Kisobel
05-07-2009, 11:35 AM
we love it soo much we are going twice to the party during our week in sept. well worth the money. you can enter the park with your ticket at 4pm. so we usually do something non park in the am- minigolf, rent a boat, downtown disney or even sleep in and enjoy the resort.

kate

senderella
05-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Absolutely! The first year we went with the kids, we realized that we were missing out not dressing up and trick or treating. Now we always dress up along with the kids. It is great. We all have a great time. Where else in the world can you still dress up and trick or treat and not have people accusing you of being crazy? Go for it, you will definitely get your moneys worth.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-07-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't have kids, but usually go to these parties with the nephews. But even if there weren't any kids, I'd still go! We went to the party last year and had a ball. The parade was fantastic. We stayed in one place for the first one, then I walked beside the second one taking pictures. The fireworks are wonderful too! And we did the trick or treating all over the park. We were more concentrated on doing things that were more party oriented rather than the regular rides etc that we could do during regular park hours.

Kenny1113
05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I have found MNSSHP to be a lot of fun. As far as crowds...one year that we went we noticed a sign that said the party was sold out. I thought it was going to be packed, the crowds were not bad at all.

Mickey91
05-07-2009, 11:40 PM
DH and I went to WDW specifically on a MNSSHP night one year for our anniversary and we didn't have the DKs. We have also celebrated our anniversary during the MNSSHP. It is one of our favorite things to do at Mk and Hallowishes is extraordinary!!:mickey: We highly recommend it!

prttynpnk
05-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I definitely thought it was worth it. We thought the MVMCP was so-so, worth it once, but not again, but decided to give MNSSHP a try and liked it a LOT more. We'd definitely do it any time we're down there during the fall.
We felt the same way about MVMCP, but we love MNSSHP and go any chance we can. I think Hallowishes and the Boo to You parade are great- definitely worth it! Go on an early night and the park almost feels intimate with the smaller crowds and the people in costume.

Dreamin' of Disney
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
We are a family of all adults (aunts/uncles/cousins) who go to Disney every Fall and NEVER miss this! We love MNSSHP! You won't be disappointed.

indytraveler
05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
If you're going in September the crowds should be OK. We went in October the week before Halloween and the crowds were managable. With or without kids it would be a great time. I thought you would ask a tougher question... Should we as first timers wear a costume?

Parade is must see, so is fireworks. You won't be disappointed. If you are worried about crowds then you can ask when you can get admission into the park and be there then. This is like an extra 1-2 hours before the actual start of the party. The park is usually empty that day because they close it down around 5pm (I think)

yjgirl32
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I can't wait to go- we are able to go to the very first party of the season. Does anyone know if this night is crowded?