PDA

View Full Version : Late dinner at Ohana

susanccr
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
I just made dinner ADR at Ohana for our last night of vacation (me, DH, DS9 & DD4). We have never been before but I have heard some really good reviews and am really excited. The only time available was 9:30 so I took it. I am hoping to get a window seat since Wishes is at 10:00 that night. My question is: Since the restaurant closes at 10:00 do you think they will still be doing kids activities at that time or pretty much just shutting down? Since this will be the very end of our vacation and our last dining experience of the trip I really want it to be special and want the kids to really enjoy it, you know, end the vacation on a really good note. Any opinions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dancin Disney style
04-28-2009, 03:22 PM
While we have eaten at Ohana many times, never that late. I would keep trying for an earlier time and then go out on the beach to watch Wishes.

Another thought would be to try for Whispering Canyon. They have activites for the kids and then you can still go and watch Wishes.

tink179
04-28-2009, 05:17 PM
We ate at Ohana's last year and we had ressies after 9 as well. They keep the kids activities going strong! :) They will love it! Also, we recently ate there in January and had earlier ressies, but wishes was early then 10 at the time of year, and they dimmed the lights in the restaurant and played the music through the speakers. We sat right at the window and we had a party of 5. We were also able to see the electric water parade. If you have any other questions you can PM me. :mickey:

DANAM
04-28-2009, 05:47 PM
We had ADR's for 8:30 or 9 last year and sat by the window (didn't even request it). They did activities the whole time we were there and we were there until about 10 or so. We saw Wishes and the Electrical Water Parade. The kids thet the parade was really cool. They forgot all about everything else and sat and ate facing the window.

susanccr
04-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Thank you for all the input. I think I will keep calling to see if I can get an earlier time. If not, I think I'll keep the 9:30. It sounds like we will still be able to enjoy everything there. Can't wait! Sounds like a great ending to our vacation!
Thanks!

buzznwoodysmom
04-29-2009, 10:56 AM
We always eat at Ohana's every single trip. This past June we made a last minute reservation and could only get 9:45. We couldn't get a seat at the window, all were taken. While that was disappointing it wasn't a big deal, we've sat by the windows many times, can't get it everytime. However, there were no kids activities going on at all. The fireworks were at 10 and we got up to watch them for a minute or two. When I asked the CM about the kids activities he told me that they usually end around 9 or 9:30. This was around June 15th, so it was peak summer season. You may want to continue trying for an earlier seating. However, the meal was still very good and we still enjoyed it very much.