PDA

View Full Version : Dinner shows twice?

mouseketeer mom
04-28-2009, 02:40 PM
We've done the Luau twice. We loved it that much. We've done the hoop de doo once, thinking of repeating it in August. We saw it last 4 years ago. Will this show be the same or can be expect anything different?

dancin Disney style
04-28-2009, 03:10 PM
It will be the same.

If you loved it go again, it's always fun to go back to an old favourite.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-28-2009, 04:13 PM
We've been to HDD three times, and although it is the same each time, we still really enjoy it!

We've met people who go EVERY trip to Disney, it is part of their tradition.

So, even thought it hasn't changed, I would go back again for sure! It is such a good time :thumbsup:

Figment78
04-28-2009, 08:06 PM
I've seen the HDD show probably 6 times - a handful as a child and then once on my honeymoon and once when we took my IL's for the first time to WDW. It has never changed at all (except for the cast) but we love it anyways! In fact, I hope to go back next time!

Glad to hear you liked the luau that much - I would love to try that again sometime. Last time we did that was in the 90s!

DizneyRox
04-29-2009, 09:56 AM
With the exception of some seasonal songs during the intermission, it's mostly the same show with the some old un-BEAR-able jokes.

I'm almost em-BEAR-assed to admit, we go every trip, sometimes twice. Can't say that about the luau however, that's a couple hours I wish I could get back, no way I could just grin and BEAR it.

badkitty
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
It is great to see that our world is still so diverse. Some like the Luau, some the HHD, some like both.

I went to the HHD for a second time after remembering how wonderful it was the first time and was very disappointed. The ad libs were awful and the cast was way more interested in inside jokes and going overboard with their friends in the audience. As a producer of a community theatre group, I would have been embarrassed to have presented such a sub-standard show.

The Luau was absolutely amazing and a lot of fun. My only criticism is that I thought it was a bit long.