PDA

View Full Version : Wishing on a star...

IloveJack
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm a highschool Spanish teacher, but I am also the adviser for our yearbook. Yesterday, my co-adviser handed me a pamphlet about a publications workshop for advisers. Guess where it is?!? Yep. You got it! It's at CSR in July! She said she didn't know if we could afford it, but she knew with my "Disney expertise" (her words) that I could get it as cheap as possible. So I, of course, started working the numbers immediately.
I mentioned it to DH last night (as our families would go with us, of course). He immediately balked at the idea, since we plan to take our DD for her first b-day in October. However, once I mentioned that typically the county pays for things like this, he started to like the idea.
I am hesitant about the fact that I'd be stuck in a workshop from 8:30-5:00, while the World waited outside the door. But that would mean that I could go to the parks from 5 til close, still. And there are "convention tickets" that are half-price if you enter the parks after 4pm. DH and the other adviser's DH would have the girls (my DD, and the other advisers 3 DDs) during the day, and then we could all go to the parks at night. I'm already thinking baby swap, ADRs, etc. Plus, it's the week of DH and my 4th anniversary, so we could celebrate! We've never stayed at or even been to CSR, so that'll be new.
If the county denies the request (since it's the end of the year and most of the money has been used up), I'm going to be heartbroken! But, it's technically for next school year, so maybe there'll be plenty of money.

Beast_fanatic
04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Good luck!

DizNee143
04-28-2009, 03:05 PM
goodluck!!
let us know what happens!! :mickey:

mickey&missy
04-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Good luck! I hope you get to go!

jrkcr
04-29-2009, 02:09 PM
I hope this works for you!! CSR is GREAT!! :fingers:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll wish with you! Let use know how it works out. Nothing like going to Disney on someone else's dime!