PDA

View Full Version : Book for a larger party even though I'm unsure?

fabfundisney
04-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Hello!
I finally booked my 09 Disney Vacation! :party2:
Now that I have done so, my sister, her friend, and my little cousin have expressed the desire to come along. There is a big maybe because due to the economy, she is uncertain on whether or not she will be allowed the days off. Since my tip is rapidly approaching (I will be in the world from June 28th-July 2nd), I don't want to hold off on making my ADR's a minute longer. Do you think I will be allowed to book for all of us so that we can be seated together even though I am unsure if they are coming? BTW: DH may tag along as well if he can get the vacation time.....:confused: Help!!!

BugeyedMuggy
04-28-2009, 09:39 AM
It is better to book the ressies you think you will need for the group and if you have less people when you check into the restaurant tell them then.

Strmchsr
04-28-2009, 10:12 AM
With ADRs having too large of a party booked and downsizing is much easier than trying to add people later (at some places it is impossible).

dancin Disney style
04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
I agree with booking for the max number of people. Just know that if you try to call later and change your ressie they have to cancel what you have and rebook which might result in nothing being available.

DANAM
04-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I agree, book for the maximum and then downsize if you need to.

tomatoe pie
04-30-2009, 12:41 PM
i made resv. for our christmas night dinner at kona last christmas. we made the resv as soon as allowed (is that 6 months out?) and when we arrived we waited patiently for the resv. time. another group of dinners with no resv. came along and gave their name. they called the other group first, which was ok with us, but when they called us we were seated next to them and they had a very large table with extra seating and they gave the 4 of us a cocktail table only large enough for 2 people to have drinks not even food. when they delivered my granddaughter's entree we had to send it away because the plates were so large (but regular size) that all of our plates were resting on the edge of the other plates at the table. we did complain and then were treated as tho we were really bad people. we did explain to the waitress that we did not find her at fault, but the hostess and restaurant management.:shake:

don't know if we will go back there or not. that is too bad since it was one of our favorites.:(