PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about OKW???

KAT1811
04-28-2009, 06:48 AM
We are staying at OKW for the first time this year. Week 1 we will be in a studio and week 2 we will be in a two bedroom unit. We have never been to this resort before but I would love to get some feedback and advice before we arrive. Thank you everyone!

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-28-2009, 08:23 AM
We have stayed there 4 times and love! it. It is our favorite resort. Quieter than most but we like that part. Very nice large pool with fun sandcastle slide, sandy beach area for kids. Never stayed in a studio but the 2 bedrooms are fabulous. Biggest rooms in WDW. Washer and Dryer in room. Full kitchen. If you have specific ???s I can answer them. Not sure what specifically you wanted to know but it is a great resort. Busses to all parks. Some people don't like that but the busses are very effecient from our experience and nice ride at the end of a long day. We are staying there again in November, can't wait!!!:number1:

dephenn
04-28-2009, 09:08 AM
We've only stayed at OKW, SSR, and AK resorts and to date OKW is our favorite. The rooms are bigger and DW really liked the decor/landscaping. The other two were nice, AK for the animals and the buses ran more frequent , and SSR we could walk to DtD. The food at Olivia's Cafe was really good. You'll have a great time.

Pooh Fan
04-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I can't make comparisons as this is the only DVC resort I've stayed at so far but I can tell you that we love it! If you are driving/renting a car it is great being able to park right at your building. I've heard that this is unique to OKW. We stayed in a 2BDRM on both trips and shared the unit with another couple. There was so much space! The full kitchen is awesome and definately helps to save a few $$ if you choose to use it. It's also very nice to have the in-room laundry when travelling with kids. Especially if you are going for 2 weeks it should save you some packing. Each bedroom is very self-sufficient in terms of bathroom, TV, and sitting area, in addition to a very spacious common area. So you should have lots of room for everyone in your group. I'm certain you will enjoy this resort! :mickey:

marylynne95
04-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Stayed there once with friends who are DVC members and it was amazing! Pretty much what everyone is saying is what I would say! ENJOY!! :mickey:

KAT1811
04-28-2009, 07:43 PM
We are staying there again in November, can't wait!!!:number1:

We'll be there in November too!!! 1st - 15th!

It sounds like we are going to like it there.

How are the busses? Do they fill up or are they relatively empty or somewhere inbetween? We do not rent a car so we will be relying on the busses.

How is the boat ride from DTD? Is it long?

Oh, and is there a store on property where we could purchase some food if need be? We will be using Garden Grocer for an initial delivery but figured we may need to replenish some things along the way. I'd rather not order too much and have some things go to waste.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-29-2009, 06:23 AM
we'll be there end of Nov., too bad we could have said "hi". Anyway, the busses are not bad at all, sometimes you might wait after wishes for a bus from MK but we never waited in the morning for a bus ever. The boat ride to DTD is very nice, not too long. The store at OKW has essentials: milk, some cereal, microwave goodies, sort of like a small mini mart at home. Some pasta, doughnuts, chips etc. Like that! Hope that helps, have a great trip.

KAT1811
04-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Thank you! Too bad we could have said "hi"! Have a great trip!!!

That helps! Does the little store have eggs? DH always makes eggs when he makes breakfast and I was wondering if we could grab more at the "store" if we run out!

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't know about the eggs because that is not something I have ever looked for. You could call them and ask. :mickey:

ChewyStriker
04-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Don't have much more to add other than it's our favorite resort as well - always feel relaxed when we're there. Love the island music they pump in. Remember to take the boat ride downtown!