PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade?

KAT1811
04-28-2009, 06:46 AM
We are heading to OKW in November this year for two weeks 11/1 - 11/15). Week one we will be staying in a studio [DH, DD#2 (4), DD#3 (2), DS(8 months), & myself] then for week two DD#1 (13) and my parents will be joining us and we will be moving to a two bedroom unit. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten upgraded to a larger DVC unit? Would they sprinkle a little pixi dust and upgrade us to the two bedroom when we check in on week one? Maybe they'll dump a whole bucket of pixi dust on us and give us a Grand Villa for the two weeks! Ooooo, wouldn't that be fabulous!!! :cloud9: Just interested to know if anyone has ever gotten a larger accomodation than what they originally booked? We are celebrating DD#2's 5th birthday while we are there(if anyone thinks that makes a difference).

Hope everyone has a magical day!!!

DVC Mike
04-28-2009, 07:20 AM
DVC upgrades typically occur only when Disney has made a mistake such as overbooking a particular type of accomodation, or a room must be taken out of service immediately due to some problem.

Tinkermom
04-28-2009, 09:58 PM
DVC upgrades are rare but not unheard of. We had a similar situation to yours a few years ago and were upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom for our entire stay. This was instead of 3 nights in a studio and then 4 nights in a 1 bedroom. This was the first and last time for an upgrade in 8 years.

Zone Stop
04-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Complimentary Upgrades are limited to acts of God - it's in your contract. :(

Maleficent's Dad
04-29-2009, 07:46 AM
I've actually received two DVC upgrades, both within the past year! :thumbsup:

In August at the Boardwalk, we were supposed to be in a studio from Wednesday through Sunday, and then move to a 1BR. We were given the 1BR for our entire stay! (In other words, Wednesday - Sunday upgrade to a 1BR.)

In February, I reserved 3 studios at SSR (extended family trip) and each studio was upgraded to a 1BR.

I know that it sounds pretty good, but it is rare. And what I can't believe is that this happened to me TWICE in one year! So keep those fingers crossed! ;)