PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom Lodge

Gator
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM
This is a follow up to my BW vs OKW. I'm nearly convinced that BW is the resort that I'd like to buy some points for. However, my wife likes the AKL. Now a Savanah room would cost an extra $300 vs a standard room at BW. But a standard room at the AKL would cost the same. Soooooo, what do you think. All opinions are welcome.

playdead88
04-28-2009, 06:08 AM
thats a tough one - we just bought at AKL and with the new pool being built and the atmosphere i can't wait - not to mention not having to share buses with any other resort BUT on the other hand we love the boardwalk - the location and the theme make it such an awesome place to stay - what made our decision was all the extras the AKL had to offer for the kids - either way you can't go wrong - sorry i couldnt be of more help :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
We bought into BWV due to its location. Epcot is our favourite park so why wouldn't we want to be a nice short walk away from Epcot.

PlutoPlanet
04-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Last year we did a split stay at BW and AKL. We went with a studio at AKL to get the Savannah view. We like the 1 BR at BW with a standard view. We're doing that again this year to try Kadani.

dlpmikki
04-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Bear in mind it can be difficult to get a standard view room at Boardwalk because there are not that many of them.

ledudes
04-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I've never stayed at either, but I would choose BW based on location. I have kids so I like to be able to avoid buses as much as possible, and fromt he boardwalk area we can walk almost everywhere or take the monorail from Epcot to MK so we like that area. If you don't have strollers, you may not mind teh bus rides so AK might be nice for the atmosphere. We do love Boma so it would be a plus to be near that.

ThanxForNoticin
04-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Both are terrific places to stay. The convenience of being close to EPCOT and DHS is a big plus, but you'll still probably take the buses to MK and AK - and the buses from BW will combine with the other EPCOT resorts (YC,BC, Swan, Dolphin) at certain times during the day, so it can be less convenient.

AKL is a very short, easy bus ride to AK. They also offer dedicated buses to the other 3 parks.

If you take the location out of the equation for a moment, we enjoy the quiet of AKL much more than BW. There is a peaceful feel at AKL, especially with the animals and the theme of the resort. AKL also has a larger, nicer pool, and with the new pool/water area opening soon, it is even better.

You don't have a bad choice here, but most of the time we would stay at AKL. Hope you have a great time whichever you choose.

MinnieMommie
04-28-2009, 09:26 PM
The 2 resorts and areas are so different that your taste will dictate. The BW area has more dining options with Epcot a stone's throw away and with BW area resorts and dining options. That is something to consider. You also might consider where you plan to spend most of your time. If Epcot or HS then maybe BW makes sense.

On the other hand if you want to spend time at the resort relaxing etc then AKL is an amazing place. The entire resort is breathtaking. I love the landscaping, animals, congenial staff, art displays..its truly like getting away to another world. So 2 very distinct options. 2 very distinct experiences. :mickey: