PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP questions

Paiges
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
We are going to Disney for the first time (WOO HOO!) in Sept with kids 9, 8, and 6. We are torn about MNSSHP. It sounds like a great time! But it is pretty late for our kids. Does anyone know what the closing times are during Sept (with and without EMH)? Any advice from early to bed families who have been there? Also, we are not the type to spend lots of money on costumes, so we likely will not have all out Disney costumes - will our kids be the only ones there not totally decked out?

yjgirl32
04-27-2009, 07:16 PM
We too are going to MNSSHP for the first time. I have a DS5 who is in bed by 8ish for school. He has always been an early riser and an early to bed kind of kid. We went when he was 3 and he was able to make it till 9 or 10 because of being so excited to see everything. Take breaks in the afternoon- even if it's just to jump on the monorail to let them catch a nap. As far as the costumes- we are a party of 9- with mostly older family members who didn't want to waste a lot of money for costumes- so we are making our costumes. Be creative and let the kids help. Good luck. Have a magical time.

DANAM
04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
My kids are not really early to bed. They do go to bed early but have never had a problem staying up late for MK parties. We loved the MNSSHP. I would suggest not doing any parks that day, maybe do DTD, and take a good nap/rest. Arrive at the park for 4pm. You don't need a park ticket for the day if you get there after 4pm. All you need is you party ticket. The park closes at 7pm for all day guest and the party only festivities begin. Our kids where DD5 and DS3 when we went and they hung in there until about 11:30. We did the same thing for P&P the next year and they went until after midnight.

medic9016
04-27-2009, 08:36 PM
MNSSHP is over at midnight. A lot of people with young children leave after the first parade and fireworks. I think the first parade is around 8:00 and the fireworks around 9:30.

CaptainSad
04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I have kids, they are much older now. But when they were younger they stayed until closing. It's a once in a lifetime experience for many. It will not harm the kids. They have their whole life ahead of them. Let them have fun.

garthbarth1
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM
DH and I have no kids, so we cant help you out there, but we can on the costumes! You will see everything there...from all out costumes to none at all. Anything goes! The first year DH and I dressed up like pirates with all the accessories....it was a great time. The next year (last year) I bought myself an Old Navy Hallowenn shirt (traditionally $5.00) and DH wore an orange shirt and we both wore shorts and tennis shoes. We had a great time then as well! It just depends on what you want to do! All or nothing, its your choice! Have fun! We are also going in Sept. and looking forward to it!