PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing I ever heard in the parks!

homeschool mom
04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I had to share somewhere.

DH and I were in WDW last week for an adults only trip. On two different occasions, I heard parents say to their children who were walking off the path and into the greenery, "Don't walk there, you might get poison!" I heard it once in AK and in one of the other parks I can't remember. I felt like saying, "Yes, because Disney would purposley plant poison ivy along the walkways!" It just struck me very funny!

I can't imagine WDW even allowing poison ivy to randomly grow anywhere. :confused:

Boojum
04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I can't imagine Disney would do that either. It may have been the parents' creative way of keeping their kids off the grass?

I've shared this story before, but I'll share it again for you: when my younger DD was about 10, we were visiting the Hall of Presidents. She sat very patiently while a couple of them made their speeches, then leaned over to me and whispered:

"Mom! Are they all going to get up and talk??"

I was laughing so hard while trying to be so quiet!

hauntedmansiongirl
04-28-2009, 03:43 AM
The funniest thing that I ever heard was at The Prime Time Cafe at DHS. I have to start by saying that my Mother-in-law, while I love her to death, can't often find anything nice to say. She doesn't mean to be cynical, it's just her way. Anyway, we were at the PTC and my MiL was griping away about some stupid little things. Well, Aunt Brenda, our waitress heard her and yelled to everyone, "now, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." The rest of us started howling, because it's always been something that we've wanted to say to her, but never could. To this day (3 yrs later) everytime she sees pictures of that trip she mentions, "that waitress who didn't like me very much." Priceless!!:mickey:

TikiLounger
04-28-2009, 09:20 AM
We were in the Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge) and someone at another table got a call on their cell phone. One of the servers noticed and said (to the entire restaurant...very loudly), "Shhhhhh!!!! Everybody...be quiet! She's trying to talk on the phone!" It was pretty funny...everyone stopped talking and stared at the woman until she finished her conversation.

Pagan
04-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Funniest thing I ever heard came from DW at the 50's Prime Time.

Waitress....ooops....I mean cousin....walks by, says to me "Are you a musician?"

Wife replies, "no, he's a dental floss salesman."

Waitress: "Ohhhh..."

:rotfl:

Mendelson
04-28-2009, 09:51 AM
I heard parents say to their children who were walking off the path and into the greenery, "Don't walk there, you might get poison!"

The only thing I can think of here is that I've always assumed WDW uses copious amounts of insecticide...I mean, it is central FL and there is a lot of green around, yet very few insects. And perhaps the parents were under the assumption that in manicured plant/grass areas there are lots of chemicals on the plants. That would be the only reason I could think for saying such an odd thing.

MMFreak
04-28-2009, 04:37 PM
If they are using toxic insecticide there would have to be posted warnings.

I really doubt that they use toxic insecticide at AK because the runoff from the rain would poison all of the wildlife. BUT!!! I could be wrong :secret:

KatrinaJ91
04-28-2009, 08:47 PM
When my daughter was 3 (a short 18 years ago), we finally got to meet Mickey. Jess stared at him for a few seconds and then very loudly proclaimed, "You've got BIG feet" There were giggles everywhere and we still talk about that moment!! :mickey:

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 07:05 PM
I heard a father tell his misbehaving son "You are going to have a good time whether you like it or not."

artyboy
04-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Passed a family exiting the monorail at Epcot...little girl, maybe 8, all dressed like a princess.

All we heard was the little girl snap "You left it on Big Thunder Mountain???"

We lost it, and then heard the Mom say "Honey, I was lucky to get Grandma off the ride!"

We still repeat this on every trip when we pass that spot!

Friend of Figment
04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Once BTMR we were seated behind an older couple. As we statred to climb the lady said "Whoo you sure can tell this is a mountain. I can sure feel the elevation" Perhaps they'd never been out of Florida?

Mousemates
04-30-2009, 08:34 AM
It may have been the parents' creative way of keeping their kids off the grass?

;) :thumbsup:

Daddy Mouse
04-30-2009, 09:17 AM
I think you're all ****** in the head! We're ten hours from ******* fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation, it's a quest. It's a quest for fun, I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun, we're all gonna have so much fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah out of your ***holes! I gotta be crazy; I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose! Praise Marty Moose! Oh, ****!

Clark Griswold

I heard this and given a similar speech on at least one occasion

DANAM
04-30-2009, 11:30 AM
This isn't something I heard but it was funny. First off let me say my DS4 is scared to death of characters. He honestly will scream bloody murder if he is within 5 feet of one. But my DD7 loves them. Normally I visit characters with her and my DH stands about 10 feet away with my son. When we eat with character we make sure they know he doesn't want to be greated but it's okay to wave and so forth.

So,I spotted the camels from Aladin right by Magic Carpets at the P&P party. So my DD and myself get in line to see them while DH and DS stood back. My DS was in the stroller half asleep. Well one of the camels walked off as we were approching the other. All of a sudden I hear screams from behind me. I turn around and the camel had apperently saw my DS sitting in the stroller and decieded to go to him. I guess he noticed we were all together. He put him whole head in the stroller with my DS. Since the person who is inside's head is about a foot or two below the actual top of the costume my DS was kicking and screaming trying to get out of the stroller and the camels (poor guy/gal) head was stuck in the canopy. My DH is in scock:jaw: of what happened and is trying to get the camel out. The whole thing went on for about 30 seconds or so before both my son and the camel where free. At the time it wasn't funny and I felt bad for the camel but I couldn't figure out why he would have went up to him. It honestly is the funniest thing we have ever experienced in Disney. Everyone arround us was shocked and then falling on the ground laughing. :funny:

The poor camel :(

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
04-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Funniest thing I ever heard came from DW at the 50's Prime Time.

Waitress....ooops....I mean cousin....walks by, says to me "Are you a musician?"

Wife replies, "no, he's a dental floss salesman."

Waitress: "Ohhhh..."

:rotfl:

???
:confused:

DNS
04-30-2009, 12:01 PM
I've shared this story before, but I'll share it again for you: when my younger DD was about 10, we were visiting the Hall of Presidents. She sat very patiently while a couple of them made their speeches, then leaned over to me and whispered:

"Mom! Are they all going to get up and talk??"

I was laughing so hard while trying to be so quiet!
:funny: Too cute!

#1donaldfan
04-30-2009, 12:51 PM
This isn't something I heard but it was funny. First off let me say my DS4 is scared to death of characters. He honestly will scream bloody murder if he is within 5 feet of one. But my DD7 loves them. Normally I visit characters with her and my DH stands about 10 feet away with my son. When we eat with character we make sure they know he doesn't want to be greated but it's okay to wave and so forth.

So,I spotted the camels from Aladin right by Magic Carpets at the P&P party. So my DD and myself get in line to see them while DH and DS stood back. My DS was in the stroller half asleep. Well one of the camels walked off as we were approching the other. All of a sudden I hear screams from behind me. I turn around and the camel had apperently saw my DS sitting in the stroller and decieded to go to him. I guess he noticed we were all together. He put him whole head in the stroller with my DS. Since the person who is inside's head is about a foot or two below the actual top of the costume my DS was kicking and screaming trying to get out of the stroller and the camels (poor guy/gal) head was stuck in the canopy. My DH is in scock:jaw: of what happened and is trying to get the camel out. The whole thing went on for about 30 seconds or so before both my son and the camel where free. At the time it wasn't funny and I felt bad for the camel but I couldn't figure out why he would have went up to him. It honestly is the funniest thing we have ever experienced in Disney. Everyone arround us was shocked and then falling on the ground laughing. :funny:

The poor camel :(

that would have been a great UTube video....

DANAM
04-30-2009, 01:40 PM
that would have been a great UTube video....

Tell me about it. But if we had a video camara I probally would have missed the whole thing from the shock of it all. To this day I can't figure out what possessed that camel to go over there. I bet he never does that again.

Mickey_Fan
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
We were in the Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge) and someone at another table got a call on their cell phone. One of the servers noticed and said (to the entire restaurant...very loudly), "Shhhhhh!!!! Everybody...be quiet! She's trying to talk on the phone!" It was pretty funny...everyone stopped talking and stared at the woman until she finished her conversation.

When we ate at WCC and a person was talking on the phone, they announce "Shy somebody is trying to call in sick to work today." The entire restaurant broke into a roar and the person kept right on talking.

WDWdriver
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I can't imagine WDW even allowing poison ivy to randomly grow anywhere.

Nope. No poison ivy or excessive chemicals. But I have seen them deliberately plant thorn bushes in areas where guests stepping off the pathways had become a problem.

TammiMcMan
04-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Overheard 2 guests talking while waiting in line for a ride at Epcot. One was telling the other that they parked their car at the TTC and took the monorail to Epcot, because it's an Island and that's the only way to get there :confused: .

iheartdisney
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM

I think you're all ****** in the head! We're ten hours from ******* fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation, it's a quest. It's a quest for fun, I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun, we're all gonna have so much fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah out of your ***holes! I gotta be crazy; I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose! Praise Marty Moose! Oh, ****!

Clark Griswold

I heard this and given a similar speech on at least one occasion

Oh my goodness! These two had me laughing out loud....even if the second one isn't quite an "original." :D

TheRustyScupper
05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
From a youngster:
"When do we see Shamu?"

MadMadamMim
05-13-2009, 11:05 AM
I just got back from WDW yesterday and I couldn't wait to post this when I heard it. We were standing in line at SSE and the family behind us began talking about their favorite ride at EPCOT "Puff". Their favorite ride was the puff the dragon ride in tomorrow land. WHAT?!?! Oh yes, it's true, that wonderful puff ride at EPCOT.

MickeyMousse
05-13-2009, 11:39 AM
My DF and I were online at Backlot Express for lunch and there was a father with his 13-ish y/o daughter in front of us. He is reading the menu, and asked her if she was getting a burger. She looks at him (in only the way a teen girl can!) and announces "DAAAAAAD, I'M A VEGETARIAAAAN!!!!" and then goes to say next "I'LL HAVE THE HOT DOG!"
:huh: