PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up for MNSSHP

sacandjac
04-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Do many of you dress up for this party? It will be DH, DD (11) and me in October. We are thinking of going as Fred, Wilma and Pebbles. Do you think we should do something Disney instead?

I hope we don't feel silly! LOL

deedeebee
04-27-2009, 03:41 PM
DH, DS and both DDs dressed up for it. DH dressed up as a tourist, knee socks and sandals, Bermuda shorts and some really white sunblock on his nose and only one cast member got it.

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Do many of you dress up for this party? It will be DH, DD (11) and me in October. We are thinking of going as Fred, Wilma and Pebbles. Do you think we should do something Disney instead?

I hope we don't feel silly! LOL

Everyone wears a costume of some type. Even I did it. It was fun. My GS was cousin IT. Very cute. DD was Raggedy Ann.

yjgirl32
04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
We are going in Sept and plan on dressing up. There will be 9 of us so we are going as Snow White & the 7 dwarfs & Prince Charming(ds5).

tink179
04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
My family and I will be attending and dressing up! It will be our first party, but I'm told tons of people dress up. There will be a lot of Disney characters, but others too. I'm sure your family would look adorable as the Flintstones. Plus, I think with the weather still being warm that will be a comfortable costume.:thumbsup: My DH is going to go as Handy Manny, my dd3 will be Jasmine, my 2 ds ages 9 and 6 will do the pirate makeover at the castle, and I'm not sure what I'll be yet.

marlaine
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
We're going this Sept. for the first time. I can't wait! My DS5 will dress up and I know I will, but my DH says he doesn't want to. Any suggestions for a little bit of a costume for him? I was thinking maybe a funny shirt or something that will let him look like part of the festivities, but won't cross the line of being a costume.:secret:

marylynne95
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I have been to MNSSHP the past 3 years and dressed up each time. We had a group of us each time and did a theme. Lots of people dress up and not all costumes are Disney related. There are some who don't dress up, but it is so much fun to dress up and trick or treat and it makes for fun pictures with the characters. We were baseballs players the first time I went. Then we did Alice(friends daughter) and cards(us grown-ups). Last year we did Toy Story characters. We had Buzz, Woody, Bo Peep, Jessie, Mr. Potato Head and several 3-Eyed Aliens. It was a blast and we actually had people stop us to take pictures of us. My boyfriend doesn't like to dress up, but when our friends cute little daughter asks him to do it, he can't say no. ;) So dress up and have lots and lots of fun!! :mpumpkin: We aren't going for MNSSHP this year :(, but we are going to MVMCP, which is a first for me!! :cloud9:

DANAM
04-27-2009, 08:15 PM
My kids dressed up last time but my DH and myself didn't. I really didn't see alot of adults dressed up that night. It was sooooo hot that night. The kids were soaked in sweat that I guess the adults felt like it wasn't worth it.

Giggy
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
DH dressed up as a tourist, knee socks and sandals, Bermuda shorts and some really white sunblock on his nose and only one cast member got it.

Haha, maybe some others realised and were scared just in case they ended up in the situation below:

Cast member: Brilliant, you came as a dorky tourist!
Guest: This is how I always dress... :(

hauntedmansiongirl
04-28-2009, 03:33 AM
We went to our first MNSSHP last year and had a great time. We didn't dress up. My DH didn't want to and I didn't want to do it alone. There was a good mix of dressed up and not dressed up, so no matter what you do you'll fit in. The Flintstones idea is awsome. We saw a family as them last year, and they looked great. One thing that my husband did love was a T-Shirt on a big group that said "I don't do costumes." He laughed and said that's what he wanted for this years party. We did buy these cool LED light up eyes that we were around our necks. Lots of people seemed to like them. We paid $15 each for them in MK, and then found them at Spencer's gifts for $5. Oh well, we still had a great time.:mickey:

sacandjac
04-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all the great responses!!! I think we will just go for it and have a great time!!!
:thumbsup:

Pagan
04-28-2009, 09:41 AM
LOVE dressing up for it! Went last year as Alice Cooper, and DW was "Cold Ethyl", a character from one of his songs. We had a BLAST.

marylynne95
04-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all the great responses!!! I think we will just go for it and have a great time!!!
:thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan!! :mickey: