PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort ~ Tell me what you think

forever a child
04-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Looks like our Aug stay will be at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I have never stayed there so I was hoping some of you with more experience could tell me what you think of it. Any suggestions on location? I think DD would like to spend some time in the theme pool. My preference was POR so I am hope you all will get me excited about CBR! Thanks!:minnie:

Wrigley
04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
All I can say, is we LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! This is by far one of our favorite resorts. We always request Martinique-which is very close to Old Port Royal. Old Port Royal has the food court, arcade, and store. The main pool is also right outside of Old Port Royal. Each "island" has it's own bus stop, so you are never too far from a bus stop. We also like to rent the little boats as well. CBR has a very relaxing feel to it, and we love the bright tropical colors as well. There are nice sandy beaches that have hammocks to relax in! I think you made a great choice, and will have a great time!:mickey::thumbsup:

yjgirl32
04-27-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree. I loved it. The theme, colors relaxed feeling. Wonderful. The only thing I will slightly disagree with is the bus stop. We were in the middle of two bus stops and when your carrying a sleeping child of about 38 pounds it can be a far walk. This was my fault for not requesting a room closer to a bus stop. The food court was very nice. The pool too was nice and since we have been there they have updates it- so enjoy.

forever a child
04-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Thank you Wrigley and Yjgirl32. I wont have to carry a sleeping child since mine is 14 yrs old, lol:D so the bus stop shouldn't be that big of an issue.

I was wondering, does CBR have the boats that go to DDD? I can't remember? :confused: I know POFQ and POR do and I thought one of the two other moderates did but I cant remember which one. I really enjoyed that and was hoping to do it again this trip...

What is the food court like?

:mickey:

Ropachs
04-27-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm pretty sure CBR doesn't have boat service to DDD, if it does, I'm going to have to kick myself for taking the bus!!
But CBR is my favorite moderate, by far, and I've stayed at all of them. I love the food court, something for everyone. Love the colors and really love the music!

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
All I can say, is we LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!

:exactly:
Except we prefer Jamaica building 44 or 45. Very close to bus, 3-4 min. beautiful walk over the bridge to OPR and a wonderful quiet pool.:thumbsup:

KatMark
04-27-2009, 02:46 PM
The CBR does not have a bus to DTD.

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Looks like our Aug stay will be at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I have never stayed there so I was hoping some of you with more experience could tell me what you think of it. Any suggestions on location? I think DD would like to spend some time in the theme pool. My preference was POR so I am hope you all will get me excited about CBR! Thanks!:minnie:

I think that before you go, fax the room assigner and request Martinque. It is the most convienent building to stay in.

PetefromRI
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
The CBR does not have a bus to DTD.
I think that KatMark meant to say the CBR doesn't have a boat to DTD.It has a bus to DTD.We also love this resort.The themeing and the music is very relaxing.I think that the next time we go that we'll pay for a preffered room as it's closer to the action.I have to say though that Aruba and Jamaica are both beautiful.Enjoy!

GoofyforFun
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
We Loved it.
Aruba or Jamacia

we had Aruba #51 last time closet to the bridge just perfect.. Got BF at food court (CS) and hit the bus in front on OPR,, No problems bus drop off at night was just over the parking lot, not bad with 2 kids (9-7) and a 3rd in the stroller.

RedSoxFan
04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
We enjoyed our stay at CBR in October. In Aruba; bldg 11. About a 10 minute walk to Port Royale. But it was a nice walk. The grounds are beautiful. The food court was nice --- huge with lots of seating. My kids loved the pool too.

forever a child
04-27-2009, 09:40 PM
We enjoyed our stay at CBR in October. In Aruba; bldg 11. About a 10 minute walk to Port Royale. But it was a nice walk. The grounds are beautiful. The food court was nice --- huge with lots of seating. My kids loved the pool too.

Thanks everyone!

Does the pool have a water slide? I know there a few different pools and the castle theme looks cute but I wasn't sure if there was a slide or not.:confused:

KatMark
04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I think that KatMark meant to say the CBR doesn't have a boat to DTD.It has a bus to DTD.We also love this resort.The themeing and the music is very relaxing.I think that the next time we go that we'll pay for a preffered room as it's closer to the action.I have to say though that Aruba and Jamaica are both beautiful.Enjoy!

You are right...I meant boat. Obviously, I need my vacation!

PetefromRI
04-28-2009, 06:40 AM
I'm with you,KatMark!

homeschool mom
04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
DH and I stayed at CBR for the first time last week for our first ever adults only trip to WDW. Without repeating everything pps have said, I will just say we both LOVED it and can't wait to go back! :number1: I don't ever plan on going back to a value resort again. We're saving now so we can take our 5 kids and stay at CBR on our next family trip to WDW. Hopefully, it will only be a year or two.

forever a child
04-29-2009, 07:55 PM
We've stayed at the CBR three years in a row and absolutely loved everything about the resort. The resort is made up of villages that are situated around a lake. Each village is painted a different color which makes the resort that much more lovely.

Each village has their own bus stop which means you never have far to catch a bus nor do you have far to walk at the end of a long day in the parks. Bus service has always been very efficient. I actually timed our ride from the Jamaica bus stop to Hollywood Studios. From the time we sat down on the bus, made our way around the resort and pulled in to the bus stop at Hollywood Studios.....just 11 minutes! not too shabby. The ride to Epcot was about the same and the ride(s) to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney were short too.

The rooms at the CBR are a bit larger than the other moderates. And, all of the rooms have been recently refurbished. They either have a Nemo theme (no extra charge unless in a preferred location) or a pirate theme (extra charge). We stayed in a Nemo room and I was happy that they didn't go way over the top with the theming. The pirate themed rooms look really cute if you have little ones.

The main pool has undergone a total reconstruction. It's much larger now and has a pirate theme to it. There is a kids play area too.

Speaking of pools, each village has it's own quiet pool if you don't want to go to the main pool. Laundry facilities are located right next to each quiet pool. This is super convenient if you want to laze around the pool while doing laundry.

If you want to have a little "down time" and rest around the resort, look no further than the white sandy beaches located in each village. Some of the beaches have small playgrounds for the kiddos and all have hammocks and beach chairs.

We enjoyed the selections at the food court. In the morning, you can order Mickey waffles, pancakes, breakfast meats, omlets, biscuits and more. At lunch and dinner, there's burgers, pizzas, salads, rotissiere chicken, hot deli sandwiches and more. I really liked the grab n go section which had lots of freshly baked items.

This year, we are giving Pop Century a try because we may have family traveling with us. Otherwise, we'd be right back on the beach at the Caribbean Beach Resort.:)

Great information! Thanks for the help and thanks everyone else for helping me figure out what I needed. DD is excited and I will be too once we get there!:thumbsup:

Minnie97
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Make a note that the pools slide is only open when a lifegaurds on duty.:mickey:

forever a child
04-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Make a note that the pools slide is only open when a lifegaurds on duty.:mickey:

Thanks! Where would we find out those hours?

RAIDER
04-30-2009, 07:37 AM
All I can say, is we LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! This is by far one of our favorite resorts. We always request Martinique-which is very close to Old Port Royal. Old Port Royal has the food court, arcade, and store. The main pool is also right outside of Old Port Royal. Each "island" has it's own bus stop, so you are never too far from a bus stop. We also like to rent the little boats as well. CBR has a very relaxing feel to it, and we love the bright tropical colors as well. There are nice sandy beaches that have hammocks to relax in! I think you made a great choice, and will have a great time!:mickey::thumbsup:

I agree with you on that
Ive stayed at Barbados,Trinidad South and Jamacia

My favourtite was Barbados as it was nearer to the entrance and alot quieter . Not good for you in your case as its a fair way from Port Royale ...HaVe a great time :thumbsup:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I(Di), stayed w/my niece and her lovely family here last Sept. It was a 13day vacation for them and 8 days for me. I have only ever stayed at the BWI.
It is a lovely, extremely beautiful resort. I loved the ease of having the food court, the large gift shop and such friendly people. Not to mention the carrot cake!! Yummy!!
We only had one very bad experience while staying there. It was actually devastating to me and my niece. For 3 days in a row our room was not cleaned, trash was not taken and no clean towels. We had to call mousekeeping to get clean towels each day. They told us to bag our trash and put outside the door. It stayed there the whole 3 days. I very rarely ever complain. Unless I am at the limit I am beginning to pull my hair out. I have never complained at WDW. The supervisor of Housekeeping didn't speak english well and said he would make sure it would get done and he'd take care of it. My niece spoke very kindly to him explaining the situation. Needless to say... it got really bad. He sent the maid over to talk w/us and clean the room the whole time. She spoke little English as well and was crying..... we cried too and she had been off for those 3 days. She cried and said she had worked there for over 12yrs and never a complaint. We tried to tell her if it wasn't her then it wasn't her problem. We felt horrible, ashamed and just plain horribly saddened. The supervisor should of taken care of this w'the correct person not US! Talk about awkward and embarrassing. It actually ruined the rest of our trip. I actually considered never going back to my favorite place on earth. I have tears streaming down as I even type this. I will never go back here to stay. I will always stay at the BWI, where I know alot of the people there who are like family to us. It still breaks my heart.

Diane:wave:

forever a child
04-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I(Di), stayed w/my niece and her lovely family here last Sept. It was a 13day vacation for them and 8 days for me. I have only ever stayed at the BWI.
It is a lovely, extremely beautiful resort. I loved the ease of having the food court, the large gift shop and such friendly people. Not to mention the carrot cake!! Yummy!!
We only had one very bad experience while staying there. It was actually devastating to me and my niece. For 3 days in a row our room was not cleaned, trash was not taken and no clean towels. We had to call mousekeeping to get clean towels each day. They told us to bag our trash and put outside the door. It stayed there the whole 3 days. I very rarely ever complain. Unless I am at the limit I am beginning to pull my hair out. I have never complained at WDW. The supervisor of Housekeeping didn't speak english well and said he would make sure it would get done and he'd take care of it. My niece spoke very kindly to him explaining the situation. Needless to say... it got really bad. He sent the maid over to talk w/us and clean the room the whole time. She spoke little English as well and was crying..... we cried too and she had been off for those 3 days. She cried and said she had worked there for over 12yrs and never a complaint. We tried to tell her if it wasn't her then it wasn't her problem. We felt horrible, ashamed and just plain horribly saddened. The supervisor should of taken care of this w'the correct person not US! Talk about awkward and embarrassing. It actually ruined the rest of our trip. I actually considered never going back to my favorite place on earth. I have tears streaming down as I even type this. I will never go back here to stay. I will always stay at the BWI, where I know alot of the people there who are like family to us. It still breaks my heart.

Diane:wave:

Sorry to hear that. I guess everyone has a bad experience once in a while. DD and I did at POFQ. Got locked out 2 nights in a row. Had to wait a LONG time the second time in occurred to get back in room. DD had to wait at room door by herself while I went up to desk for second time that evening to ask someone to let up in our room. It was late, we were tired and I was mad after that trip! So I probably wont stay there again from that experience.:(

forever a child
04-30-2009, 09:14 PM
You're quite welcome. I actually have a super detailed report of sorts that I put together after three trips to the CBR. If you want me to post a copy, just let me know and I'll post it for you.

Lisa

If you have the time, yes Please do! Thanks.

Thanks for all the input everybody. I am looking forward to it! (Change is good:blush:)

:mickey:

forever a child
04-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Thank you Mickeystoontown for posting this! It is better than any of the site descriptions I have read!:thumbsup:

I'll have to have DD read it tomorrow when she gets time. She's been pouring over all my stuff and getting excited...she's gotta live through her summer swimming first but she said she'll have WDW to look forward to after she's suffered through Long course season!:swim:

Thank you again!:tink: