PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible at EPCOT

FamilyBand1
04-27-2009, 10:39 AM
We just did the Kim Possible cell phone thing at EPCOT on Saturday. Well worth it! Our 6 & 4 year olds loved it. They were sneaking around like spies in all of the countries we did our "missions". It's actually pretty cool how they lit stuff up, turned on waterfalls and made wind chimes ring just with our kids engaging with the phone. Highly recommended if you want to do something different at EPCOT!!

sainter
04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Going in the fall on an adults only trip - would we enjoy this? Or is it really an activity for the kiddos?

Nini5055
04-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Awesome!!!! Thanks for the update...my dd7 totally wants to do this. :thumbsup:

Figaro
04-27-2009, 12:58 PM
I've done this twice. Once with my roommate and once with her kids, also. It's a blast! Well worth doing! :mickey:

BigRedDad
04-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Nice. My daughter will be 4.5 next time we take her. Kidcot kept the countries tolerable for her when she was almost 3. Being able to do something fun and exciting like Kim Possible will get her into it more. Now, if they had a Phineas and Ferb creation area, she would never leave it.

Granny Jill A
04-27-2009, 02:37 PM
My 40-year-old daughter and her 43-year-old husband did the Kim Possible adventure in England last week. Although my son-in-law was not enthusiastic at first, he really got into following the clues, and they both had a ball.

This is something kids of all ages can enjoy :thumbsup:

cheeky monkey
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I am so sorry we didn't do this when we were at Epcot earlier this month. DS saw kids participation and all the missions were passed out buy the time we got back over there. It looked like everyone was having a blast.
S

homeschool mom
04-27-2009, 05:06 PM
We saw a lot of families doing this last week while we were there on our adults only vacation. I'm sure it's a lot of fun and I even thought DH and I would enjoy it. BUT, please don't hate me, honestly, that Kim Possible beeping got a little annoying and took away from the Epcot feel after hearing it for the umpteenth time. Sorry. Just my 2 cents worth. :blush:

SBETigg
04-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I just got back and I didn't do it (I was also having a romantic vacation with just the DH) but it did look like a lot of fun. We enjoyed seeing some of the things get set off in shops around the World. Really cute, and it looked like fun for all ages.

DANAM
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
We just did the Kim Possible cell phone thing at EPCOT on Saturday. Well worth it! Our 6 & 4 year olds loved it. They were sneaking around like spies in all of the countries we did our "missions". It's actually pretty cool how they lit stuff up, turned on waterfalls and made wind chimes ring just with our kids engaging with the phone. Highly recommended if you want to do something different at EPCOT!!

I was wondering can you tell me which spies are in each country. Or does it change? My DD can't wait to do this and she keeps asking me which spies are there.

dreamfinder55
04-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Can't wait to try it when I go in June!!!

BluewaterBrad
04-29-2009, 03:29 PM
We thought it was great also. We only did Germany, but will do more next trip!! EPCOT rules.:mickey:

LarryBoy
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Can you sign up for this at park opening or do you have to wait until WS opens to get assigned your time? Also how quickly have they been running out?

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Can someone clarify how early you need to sign up for this before they "run out?"

WVParkfan
04-30-2009, 07:47 AM
I don't know how early they run out, but here's our experience. We were at WDW the first week of April (crowded), and we were park hopping. We arrived at Epcot around Noon and got FP's for Soarin for 5:00 pm. At the same time, my wife signed-up for the Kim Possible Adventure and received a slip saying to report to the Norway Pavilion at 2:30 pm.

So, on a very crowded day (it was also 90 degrees), we were able to get a pass at Noon that began 2 1/2 hours later. Thus, I would assume that you should be able to still sign up for an adventure well into the late afternoon/ evening. I guess it depends on how crowded it is that day.

Our adventure was in Mexico, and our DD8 enjoyed it very much! Mom & Dad shared a margarita and so we enjoyed it, too.

Mickey_Fan
04-30-2009, 03:23 PM
DH and I are planning one doing an adventure during our next trip.

candleshoe
04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
My kids have been bugging me about this since they saw it on Disney Channel. We're going the week of May 10th. Where do you sign up for it and how does it work- if someone doesn't want to take the time to explain the whole thing, can they refer me to an external link with more info about it? Thanks in advance!

Going2HeavenRU
05-03-2009, 11:25 AM
I found a site that describes the Kim Possible mission:

http://www.wdwnews.com/viewpressrelease.aspx?pressreleaseid=110614&siteid=1

It appears that you sign up at various kiosks around EPCOT.

I hope this helps Candleshoe

Just-Keep-Swimming
05-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know on average how long each mission takes?

Granny Jill A
05-27-2009, 12:58 PM
BUT, please don't hate me, honestly, that Kim Possible beeping got a little annoying and took away from the Epcot feel after hearing it for the umpteenth time. Sorry. Just my 2 cents worth. :blush:

I totally agree with you on this one. The phones were rather loud indoors and the chatter caused by the clue-finders was distracting. I think it would be great if you were issued ear buds - maybe charge a nominal fee for them. You could take them with you when you turned the phones in.

IDreamofEeyore
05-27-2009, 10:32 PM
so glad to find this thread! our DS8 has been going on and on about wanting to do this on our trip this summer. I hope it will still be going at the end of July.

Do you have to sign up to do each pavilion separately?

casey@bat
05-28-2009, 07:01 AM
So do you just go to one country per mission?

Simba's Mom
05-28-2009, 03:51 PM
We went to one country, and were immediately sent to another one, where we did the whole mission. I did it with another woman, both of us in our late 50s, never heard of Kim Possible, but saw a kiosk near UK, and decided to try it. It was a great way to see things we might not ordinarily see. I think the entire process was 30-45 minutes.