PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for the CP interview?

Dznygrl79
04-27-2009, 06:26 AM
I just completed my application and am waiting for my interview just wondering if people who had done this in the past had any tips? I am a hospitality management major and hope to get into housekeeping or front desk at a resort do they ask during the interview?

Beast_fanatic
04-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Well, if it's an in person interview, look nice and neat, sit up straight but lean slightly forward (it's a body language indication that you are listening), don't cross your arms or legs (as that is bad body language), be yourself, try to think of some real life examples for scenarios they may pose to you (like what would you do if someone became irate), and smile. :D

joanna71985
04-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I just completed my application and am waiting for my interview just wondering if people who had done this in the past had any tips? I am a hospitality management major and hope to get into housekeeping or front desk at a resort do they ask during the interview?

Good luck! Some things to remember for the interview are:
*be relaxed (the interviewers are really nice)
*remember to smile (they can tell, even over the phone)
*be honest with your answers
*have fun!

As for questions asked, they range from personal questions (like "why do you want to do the CP?") to questions about the roles picked. When I had my interview, I picked 4 roles and was asked questions about 3 of them. Good luck! Hope to see you in FL. :)

Dznygrl79
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks I got a confirmation for a phone interview at 9:40 on Thursday!
I really am excited and I will think about everything you said!
Smiling is not going to be a problem I think about the experiance I will be getting are where I will be getting it and I grin from ear to ear!

joanna71985
04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks I got a confirmation for a phone interview at 9:40 on Thursday!
I really am excited and I will think about everything you said!
Smiling is not going to be a problem I think about the experiance I will be getting are where I will be getting it and I grin from ear to ear!

Awsome! Good luck! :)

Are you picking any other roles, besides the hospitality ones?

Dznygrl79
04-28-2009, 07:07 AM
On my application I only chose Hospitality but I do plan on mentioning that I am open to other roles during my interview. However I really want the experiance in hospitality for my major.
I'm not sure it will qualify for my school if I do an internship outside my major.