PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe?

PixieMagic
04-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Considering eating here for this first time...any reviews? Likes or Dislikes? A more recent menu? Also...on info central it says drinks not included...on the dining plan is a soft drink or coffee included???

svarhall07
04-27-2009, 12:26 AM
I love Cape Mays. the character breakfast is great. Its more relaxed than Chef Mickeys, and the buffet is great. The clam bake at night is not as good as the breakfast, because I think some of the buffet food is too mass produced and bland (like buffet food tends to be), but the clams and oysters are still great if you really like seafood. As for the DDP, the drink is included at both meals.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Neither DH or I liked this buffet. We expected crab legs and breaded shrimp, and instead got lots of cheap filler foods (all very salty) and clams and oysters. If you're a fan of oysters, you'll love it, otherwise stay away.

One thing that is great here are the oreo bonbons! They are almost worth suffering through the buffet.

Non-alcoholic drinks are included in the DDP.

Good luck with your picks!

PetefromRI
04-27-2009, 06:53 AM
We like the Cape May buffet at night.While it's not what I consider a real New England Clam Bake,it's still very good.The clams are clean and the peel and eat shrimp are plentiful.We find that the spare ribs are very good and as hauntedmansiongirl said,the oreo bonbons are awesome.

PetefromRI
04-27-2009, 06:55 AM
and to answer your question,yes,non-alcoholic drinks are included on DDP and I also thought that they were included OOP.

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 08:04 AM
We like Cape May Cafe. We are going there next Sunday night and looking forward to it. We enjoy the atmosphere. The service is good. The food is standard buffet food. We like it good enough to go back time and again. No complaints here.:tasty:

Nini5055
04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
We have only been to the Cape May Character Breakfast...but it was GREAT!!!!:thumbsup:

We are going back next week as a matter of fact. Great character interaction and yummy food. It is also a very light and airy resturant...one of our new must do's!!! :thumbsup::mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-27-2009, 11:03 AM
DH and I have always enjoyed the clambake! Some experiences have been better than another but never any bad or anywhere close.

I've never had breakfast at Cape May Cafe, though.

GoofyforFun
04-27-2009, 07:44 PM
We like the Cape May buffet at night.While it's not what I consider a real New England Clam Bake,it's still very good.
I agree with that no complaints from our group of (9). :thumbsup: