PDA

View Full Version : 'Ohana Potatoes

KAT1811
04-26-2009, 09:41 PM
I read on another site that you can choose between the noodles or potatoes at 'Ohana. Is it true that my favortie potatoes are back at 'Ohana?

BrerGnat
04-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Hmmm...they were still noodles a few weeks ago. I read that the potatoes were gone because they had to get rid of all the trans fats in the recipes, and they couldn't find a cost effective way to replicate the recipe without using trans fats (I assume the recipe used margarine and/or some type of processed cheese...)

PixieMagic
04-26-2009, 11:33 PM
why are they required to get rid of trans fats???

Dulcee
04-27-2009, 07:32 AM

probably becuase of a push to make menus, especially buffetts, a bit healthier. Trans fats really have no redeeming qualities what so ever.

KAT1811
04-27-2009, 07:32 AM
I happen to enjoy a nice side full of trans fat on vacation!!! LOL!!!

KAT1811
04-27-2009, 07:35 AM
probably becuase of a push to make menus, especially buffetts, a bit healthier. Trans fats really have no redeeming qualities what so ever.

But they taste SO good. I can understand the move to more healthier eating but wished that they gave you the option, like this other site had listed. I eat healthy ever day at home and look forward to taking a break and eating whatever I want on vacation, that's half the fun!

ThanxForNoticin
04-27-2009, 12:28 PM
But they taste SO good. I can understand the move to more healthier eating but wished that they gave you the option, like this other site had listed. I eat healthy ever day at home and look forward to taking a break and eating whatever I want on vacation, that's half the fun!

I absolutely agree 100%. Make the healthier options a CHOICE. Don't keep forcing it on guests and taking away dining favorites like those potatoes.

BrerGnat
04-27-2009, 04:39 PM

Disney CHOSE to do it. But, in many cities and states, it will soon become a LAW.

Trans Fats are a death sentence, no matter how good they taste. They are used as a cheap substitute for real fats, because they prolong shelf life in products and are sometimes, do not themselves require refrigeration, which makes them easier/cheaper to transport/store. But, at the expense of people's health. It's not worth it. They kill. Bottom line.

They *could* have kept making those potatoes with REAL butter and REAL cheese, but the costs would have been astronomical. And, we all know how Disney feels about their bottom line...

DANAM
04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the potatoes but I really like the noodles, too. Try not to think about how good those potatoes were and you would probally learn to love the noodles!

diz_girl
04-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I made these at home and I used real butter and cheese and they were awesome. I also calculated the calories per serving and all I have to say about that is :jaw:

Dulcee
04-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I made these at home and I used real butter and cheese and they were awesome. I also calculated the calories per serving and all I have to say about that is :jaw:

Hahaha and imagine if you knew what the calories were PLUS all the trans fats when you ate them at WDW :shake:

Me personally, I like the noodles better :D