PDA

View Full Version : WHY you don't like a particular restaurant?

tinkerddeedee
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Ok, I've asked which restaurants that you love love love. Now tell me the ones you DON'T love, but tell me why. There might be a particular reason why you won't visit there again. It could be because you don't like the type of food that they serve, or you don't like the atmosphere, or the service wasn't very good, etc.
I'm thinking, sure I might not like that one because of the theming, but YOU might love it! And if that were the case, you would miss out on a potentially great place! KWIM?
So how about the WHY'S!:mickey:

SBETigg
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Coral Reef. We had really awful service, a three hour meal, undercooked food, no apologies from staff or management. We'll never go back.

Kona Cafe. Congealed sauces, bland food, bad service at the start though the waiter eventually redeemed himself. Our appetizers were good. Still, the entrees were so improperly prepared, we won't be back for awhile.

Boatwright's. Just not to our taste in food and atmosphere.

Hollywood and Vine. We're not big buffet fans, and this was standard buffet, mediocre food prepared in bulk and kept warm, no thanks.

tinkerddeedee
04-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Thank you, it's nice to hear people's experiences!!!!:thumbsup:

JavaDuck
04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Out of the TS I ate last August, Biergarten was the one ended up not loving. The main reason was the food. I found few things I really enjoyed. The food was not bad. I just had nothing that I was craving to have again. The entertainment and service were great.

mouseketeer mom
04-26-2009, 09:23 PM
We love to eat out and are rarely picky.
We won't return to:
Le Chefs de France-tried it once, it was ok, tried it again, we really wanted to like this place...and it was just awful. Nothing special food, very poor service. No reason for us to return here.
Toy Story Pizza Planet-absolutely inedible pizza. Like a doughy biscuit with low quality cheese and sauce. Yuck!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-26-2009, 09:29 PM
I've gone back but have had the worse service both times I've gone to Kona. The food was good but it was a 2 hour experience.

KatMark
04-26-2009, 09:39 PM
DH and I have four:

Boatwright's -- terrible service, from the host to the waitress; and bad food (sent my meal back twice); don't think we'll give it a second try...not worth driving over to

Hollywood & Vine -- rude hostess; dirty restaurant; bad service and just bad food. Made the mistake of giving it two tries; definitely will never go back

Whispering Canyon Cafe -- rude hostess; waited over 30 minutes for our table (and there were plenty of tables and we were then put out in the back room by the fireplace/Artist Ponit; bad food, including grizzly ribs; I ended up not eating chicken or ribs because I thought the rest of the food served in the skillet was disgusting; DH ate some of the chicken and ribs (we hadn't eaten since 7:30 that a.m.) and he ended up sick all night. The best part of the whole place was the Bottomless Chocolate Shakes. We never had dessert after being there for over two hours just to eat our dinner. Won't go back again.

Brown Derby -- bad and rude service (and there were only five tables occupied at 1:00 in the afternoon); medicore food (sent my meal back three times before they got it right). DH hated the grapefruit cake and my DH LOVES dessert. We've not tried it again, but we've thought about it. Just don't want to use two table service credits when there are so many places we do enjoy and still wnat to try

DisneyGlutton
04-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I guess I've been lucky, but I don't have much of anything bad to say about WDW Dining. First, I look at the menus on Intercot and only make ADRs at the places that appeal to me. Second, I've been lucky and have never had bad service (even when they were training a new waiter). Sometimes service slows to a crawl before and after dessert, but that happens at restaurants in general, alas.

My best advice would be to look at menus and perhaps pictures of the restaurants you're interested in and decide based on that. I wouldn't personally make and ADR based on reports of bad service; it seems like people with bad experiences are more vocal (as I'm sure I would be if I had been served a poor meal), but personally, my meals at Coral Reef, Kona, Brown Derby, Le Cellier and Chefs de France were all fine to great.

PixieMagic
04-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Here's my list:

- Nine Dragons: GREAT food...but I can get sesame chicken anywhere - not worth the $$$

- Le Cellier: Not one person liked there meal here and mine (prime rib sandwhich) was overcooked and so fatty I couldn't take a bite without the entire sandwich falling out...

- Tony's: Every time we expect it to be different for some reason, but although the atmosphere is great, the food is so bland and tasteless I would rather be eating at a CS (which would cost far less money)

Seasonscraps
04-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Le Cellier & Captain Jacks are the only ones that I can think of that I wouldn't really think go back to:

Le Cellier - we received mediocre service and my food wasn't prepared to order. There are enough places in DW to get a good steak that it's not worth trying to get ADRs here.

Captain Jacks - the only thing I remember about our meal there was that we did not enjoy it at all.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-26-2009, 10:59 PM
We're not fans of the food at DHS!

Sci-Fi - neat atmosphere, but lousy food. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. The only good part of the meal was dessert.

Mama Melrose - worse than the Olive Garden and mediocre service. Again, it wasn't the worst meal we've ever had, but not worth going back to in the least.

Hollywood & Vine - again, medicore food, lousy service and just way too loud. We generally like buffets, I'm fairly pickey and DH is fairly adventurous, so buffets are a good compromise.

Prime Time - the food is actually fairly good, but so much of the experience depends on the server that it again can be hit and miss. We've had wonderful times and lousy ones...we're not going back this trip.

We actually find it funny that all of our "won't do agains" are in the same park...luckily there is a boat to Epcot, so we don't go hungry :eat:

svarhall07
04-27-2009, 12:35 AM
I have 3:

Whispering Canyon Cafe - I will never ever ever eat here again. I was placed in the back of the restaurant near the fireplace where only one other table had people at it. Our waiter was very unenthusiastic - nothing at all like Disney advertises the WCC wait staff to be. Then, I ordered the skillet, and it was so nasty that I could hardly eat it. I hated everything about the food, never needed seconds. I ended up having to buy another meal in EPCOT afterwards. The food is terrible and just not my style so I have no interest in returning.

Chefs de France - I have traveled to Paris many times, and had great food. Chefs de France is not French food. Its over processed, mass produced garbage. The atmosphere is way to crowded. I was so disappointed with it. Don't ever plan to return.

Chef Mickeys - just not a fan. I loved it when I was a kid, and when I have children I'll probably take them back, but for now, I just get bored and the food isn't really good anyway.

PixieMagic
04-27-2009, 12:49 AM
I have 3:

Whispering Canyon Cafe - I will never ever ever eat here again. I was placed in the back of the restaurant near the fireplace where only one other table had people at it. Our waiter was very unenthusiastic - nothing at all like Disney advertises the WCC wait staff to be. Then, I ordered the skillet, and it was so nasty that I could hardly eat it. I hated everything about the food, never needed seconds. I ended up having to buy another meal in EPCOT afterwards. The food is terrible and just not my style so I have no interest in returning.

Chefs de France - I have traveled to Paris many times, and had great food. Chefs de France is not French food. Its over processed, mass produced garbage. The atmosphere is way to crowded. I was so disappointed with it. Don't ever plan to return.

Chef Mickeys - just not a fan. I loved it when I was a kid, and when I have children I'll probably take them back, but for now, I just get bored and the food isn't really good anyway.

I totally agree with Chef Mickey's!! It's great for kids b/c of the character aspect, but as an adult only group it's a total waste of time!

tjstrike
04-27-2009, 01:23 AM
I have 2 :

Askershus - The food was horrible.

Chef Mickey's - It's a Shoneys w/ WDW characters running around.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Hollywood and Vine in HS- Not a fan of the buffet, or the uncomfortable steel chairs. Nothing here was stand-out or great tasting.

Yakitori House in Epcot- Seriously one of the worst meals ever. Chicken was fatty and grissly and sauce had a fishy taste. We were so sad to have wasted a Disney meal on this place.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot- The food is okay, but there is a weird smell around this food court that kind of turns my stomach.

Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club- We expected a different kind of seafood (crab legs etc) and were disappointed that it is mostly cheap filler food, oysters and clams.

Other than these places, we love the food in Disney! We always get the dining plan, and can't wait to use our free one this year!!!:mickey:

Leighler
04-27-2009, 08:04 AM
San Angel Inn- we were literally packed in there like sardines and yes the atmosphere is cool but for what you pay to not be able to enjoy a little bit of personal space was a little too much for me...not to mention the service and food were horrible! :(

Mickey91
04-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Sci Fi Dine in Theatre: The steak we got was slimy and gross.:ack: Really, nothing about the meal was appealing. The atmosphere was awesome though. The only way we would go back would be for dessert only.

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 08:35 AM
I never liked Spoodles:ack: on the Boardwalk. Now that Cat Cora is taking it over, I am likely to definitely try it.:tasty:

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Sci Fi Dine in Theatre: The steak we got was slimy and gross.:ack: Really, nothing about the meal was appealing. The atmosphere was awesome though. The only way we would go back would be for dessert only.

:ditto:

Dragongirlx
04-27-2009, 08:36 AM
sci fi - the food was terrible and cold and the service was really bad. The person serving us kept trying to give us other peoples food and then tried to give us someone elses bill

Charlee
04-27-2009, 09:10 AM
The one place we'd never go back to is the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner.

It was when it was still character dining and my family loves character meals (even though we're all grown ups!) and the menu sounded perfect for us. We all came out disliking it.

The wait was ages, we were at a very cramped table, the server was rude, decided to make fun of me and didn't stop despite being told we weren't in the mood, the food was cold and average and the characters barely spent time with us despite enthuasism from us.

We all came out feeling as though it was a waste of money and wouldn't go back. A part of me would like to try the lunch menu but after that one experience I doubt we'd ever try Liberty Tree again.

RAIDER
04-27-2009, 10:25 AM
So far we have been lucky .
The only place i would not go back is Wolfgang Pucks in DTD . The meal i had was overpriced and the hoi sin ribs i had were awful it wasnt even seasoned :ack:

rubato
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I have never had a great meal at DW. In all the restaurants, TS and CS, we have tried on our 2 seperate trips, no food was memorable for being good. I have loved the atmosphere at every restaurant , so it makes up for it. I don't go for food, so that doesn't really affect my trip at all.

TheVBs
04-27-2009, 10:45 AM
I can't say that I hate any of the restaurants we've tried, but there are a couple I wouldn't be interested in going to again.

Sci-Fi Dine In: Very cool atmosphere, but it wore on me after a little while because the clips they play on the big screen just keep repeating. Great service. But, the girls and I didn't like our food at all. I had the seafood pasta. DH thought his food was ok.

Beirgarten: Very fun atmosphere, the girls loved watching the show. Unfortunatly, it ended shortly after we were seated and didn't start again while we were there. Service was great. Food was ok - not great.

And while we love staying at the All Star Music resort, we are very leary of any of the hot lunch or dinner meals at the Intermission Cafe. You're better off with the pizza or a cold sandwich.

Checkers
04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Definitely Tony's in the MK. Awful service and mediocre food. Had ADRs and waited and waited and waited and when they seated a family of 5 ahead of us with an ADR after ours, I had had enough (this after I had inquired several times if there was a problem). Haven't been back since.

MickeyandTink
04-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I think this is a great post, but I find it interesting that some of the ones people list as horrible are amongst our favorites. For example, we love Akershus primarily because the food is different than your average "All-American" restaurant. I wouldn't want it everyday, but it is a nice change from what we can get at home.

Back to the point of the thread, though, there are two restaurants we probably won't go back to because of mediocre food and poor service (although both have great atmosphere). They are Sci-Fi and Coral Reef.

prttynpnk
04-27-2009, 02:07 PM
We've been pretty lucky- our biggest problem has been seating- we always seem to get tables for 2 in cramped locations. Behind the hostess stand, too close to the door,etc.
The only place we have totally sworn off is Captains Jacks- meh food, disappearing wait staff, a feeling that we were bothering them....

artyboy
04-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Restaurant - asorus!

Honestly, it was like a bad McDonald's (redundant) with a mediocre fixings bar filled with brown-ish lettuce and the like.

Never again...and now that AK has Yak and Yeti, why would we bother?

marlaine
04-27-2009, 05:42 PM
For me, the worst food we've had at WDW was at ABC Commissary in Hollywood Studios. I know it's not a TS restaurant, but it was so bad for us, I had to mention it. I had a Cheeseburger that was actually gray! My DH had some kind of Asian Wrap, that was inedible , but my DS had Chicken Nuggets that were okay. The atmosphere was terrible too.

shev
04-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Restaurant - asorus!

Honestly, it was like a bad McDonald's (redundant) with a mediocre fixings bar filled with brown-ish lettuce and the like.

Never again...and now that AK has Yak and Yeti, why would we bother?

I hated Restaurant-asorus. I think it is a Mcdonalds.

DANAM
04-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Great post!!!

Mama Melrose-Kid next to us got sick on the table. No one picked it up until we were leaving. Waitstaff and Management not present. Really bad service and the food was aweful. This was one of our favorite places prior to that trip. We will never be back there.

Chef Mickey's-The food is seriously lacking here and I don't feel like the atmosphere makes up for it. Not worth it for us but I know many adore this palce.

Cape May Cafe-we have tried eating here twice. Both time waited forever for a table with ADR's. First time was breakfast and after over an hour of waiting the food was good so we deceided to give it another shot for dinner. Big mistake! I am from New Orleans and love seafood but whatever they served here was not the seafood I have ever eaten. Bland Bland Bland. I am aware of the fact that no one boils seafood like we do but this was tasteless. Plus I waited for at least a half hour if not longer for a table. Never again for this one.

Although, Hollywood and Vine is one of our favorites for theme and food and it has gotten some really bad reviews here. To each is own!

elmjimmlm
04-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Out of all the restaurants that we have eaten at Disney, by far the worst was San Angel...It started with our waiter and terrible food...I ordered pork and I ended up with a plate of fat...No meat, just fat...I complained and I rarely do and he did nothing about it...I have never left a restaurant feeling sick from food that I did not eat...:sick:Never again...:sick:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Here are our three worst...unfortunately two of them we ate at on our last trip:

3. Tony's-I'll start with the positives-our server was good and the dessert was decent....but we waited a long time even with an ADR and then the food was gross and bland....

2. Marrakesh-Once again, we had a great server and the atmosphere with the belly dancer is fun-but the food was just plain awful and not hot either.

1. ABC Commissary-The only restaurant where we actually threw the food away :sick:

FriendsofMickey
04-28-2009, 09:13 AM
What an interesting thread!

I have been to many of the restaraunts. There are only a couple I would not visit again.

Askershus - our choice for not going back is that we detested the food. The first time we went was for lunch. We decided to give breakfast a try (we have little daughters who love the princesses). We were told it was typical american fare for breakfast, but this is not true. This restaurant is probably great for those with kids that are not picky in the least but for us, no way will we go back.

50's Prime time - I so wanted to try this one because I had heard so many great things. However when we went the food was just horrible. Then the waitress gave us attitude about not eating our food. I know that this is atmosphere, and would have been great fun if the food was at least edible. (My green beans were even so horribly salty I could not eat them). However, being given the 'attitude' when your meal is lowsy only makes you detest the food that much more. Oh also, it really was the only 'atmospheric attitude we got". In that we did not feel like it was the 50's mother at all, we just felt that the atmosphere gave the waitress the okay to be rude. No thank you, we will not visit again.

FriendsofMickey
04-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Here are our three worst...unfortunately two of them we ate at on our last trip:
2. Marrakesh-Once again, we had a great server and the atmosphere with the belly dancer is fun-but the food was just plain awful and not hot either.

Oh forgot about this one. I concur!

jillluvsdisney
04-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Places we have crossed off our list

Crystal Palace. Horrible service. The servers are so busy clearing their own tables and re setting them that they have no time to get you drink re fills or clear your plates.

Chef Mickey's. Unless you have kids, you will all but be ignored by the characters. The food is very average. The Golden Corral is the same thing at a third the cost.

San Angel and Beirgarten. The atmosphere just can't compensate for the really, really bad food.

Any counter service place at Hollywood Studios.

Liberty Tree Tavern. Our last meal there was sub par food and service.

Cinderella's Royal Table. Horrible food that is way over priced.

Whispering Canyon. I like their breakfast but wouldn't go there for dinner. I am not a fan of the way their food is prepared. Texas Roadhouse or Lone Star are better and less expensive.

Dopey's Girl
04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
San Angel Inn. The food is gross (and doesn't feel very Mexican to me), and it's always so darn dark in there you can't see anything (I think that is on purpose so you don't see the slop they are feeding you!).

Some of the meals I have had in WDW have been pretty good, but most are just average. But that doesn't stop me from trying new places each trip!

deedeebee
04-29-2009, 03:48 AM
Chef Mickeys BREAKFAST, It's like a previous poster wrote " its like Shoney's with characters running around, no excitement, very blah.
We love Chef Mickey's dinner though.

Crystal palace breakfast is awesome, but their dinner was not very good, bad really.

Magic Smiles
04-29-2009, 07:09 AM
I will admit first off that I am a slow and picky eater.
I did not like 'Ohana at all. Other than the fabulous view we had of the castle (Dec 07) nothing in this place appealed to me. It was very noisy, not my type of food (I don't like honey) and we were rushed. We were so rushed that they were trying to remove my plate as I was still eating. I was still eating my salad when they had brought pretty much everything else. Most items I didn't even try. Dessert had arrived before we knew it. And none of us liked the dessert.
2nd place that was horrible was Yakitori House - combo plate. You may as well serve up a plate of fat.
Other than these two places most of our meals have been relatively good. Some I wouldn't go back to but there was not anything bad about them.

offwego
04-29-2009, 10:23 AM
For us it's Chef Mickey's. Mostly because of the noise factor, of all the buffet's this seems the loudest and seems to offer the least amount of ways to get away from it.

wishiniwasthere
04-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Hollywood & Vine - YUK....The food was not hot, nor was it any good. I found the place to seem dirty and we had a very sub par waitress. There isn't much to do for a waitress there, except fill glasses, but she was never around for that.

Sci Fi - UGH! My daughter's steak was so tough, she couldn't cut it. We sent it back only to get another one just like it. The lady across from us had the same problem. It was just awful.

Pizza Panet - BLAH! I have never eaten a pizza like that. Was it really pizza?

CAN THEY PLEASE COME UP WITH A DECENT PLACE TO EAT AT THE STUDIOS?

Whispering Canyon - Not impressed with the food, but even more not impressed with the waitress. Others seemed to be having fun, and I felt bad for my kids because we had Mrs. Crabtree for a waitress. BORING...I guess if the food had been wonderful, it could have compensated for her actions, but that didn't cut it either.

PetefromRI
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
We tried Shutters at the CBR twice and just didn't like it.The service wasn't bad and the atmosphere was O.K.,we just didn't think that the food was very good for what we paid.I really wanted to like this place but after two times,we're through.

MickeyMousse
04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Our "never agains" are:

Captain Jacks: food was cold (sent back twice), they forgot DS's meal (after being reminded twice), no drink refills, my dessert-lava cake-had no lava!

Nine Dragons: was told chicken dish was all white meat, it wasn't. Mostly dark meat, so fatty and greasy. Really gross. :ack:

ESPN: the food was ok but the service was absolutely terrible. Slow, rude, got the orders wrong and the place was empty. And could the tables BE any smaller???

San Angel: food was nothing great, very bland and minimal in portions but the view, atmosphere and service were good. But I'd save the $$ and go to the CS Cantina instead.

Tonys: food was horrible. Tasted like over seasoned Swanson's frozen dinner.

Minnie97
04-29-2009, 08:41 PM
The Sci Fi's steak bluck and half the frys got in the steak.

i'm grumpy
04-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Yakitori! yak is right. :sick:

50s Primetime-claimed they called our name 40 min earlier, no way!! Also have had some unenthusiastic servers. :(

Pop food court. Had chicken strips and they were :sick:.

Epcot fish and chips-had to eat them in the pitch dark since Liberty Inn didn't have what I wanted.

Pizza Planet-ridiculously long line for a mediocre pizza that we ate outside in the rain.

ABC-commisary-ice cold breakfast.

Catalina Eddie's-low flying birds!!

TheVBs
04-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Cinderella's Royal Table. Horrible food that is way over priced.

Yes, I agree. You're definitely paying for the atmosphere there.

Mousemates
04-30-2009, 08:56 AM
The Maya Grill at CSR- our food was overpriced even by WDW standards and super bland...the kitchen santiation was poor...watched a girl drop a blue kitchen glove on the gross floor pick it back up, put it on, and return to food prep.

Sci-Fi - great movies, not so great food....thou still a fun place to go for a shake and some cool down timeon a hot summer day

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Sci-Fi!

The atmosphere was fun but the food was absolutely terrible. I've had TV dinners that were much better. The food also wasn't hot. It came out just a little warmer than room temp. The only good thing - the shakes! They were delicious.

irish1967
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I have two:

Le Cellier - did not meet my expectations at all. The food was good (not as great as others have experienced but still good) but the waitress couldn't wait to get us out of there - she poured our wine with our salads, brought our entrees less than 5 minutes later, gave us about two minutes before asking for dessert.

Rose and Crown - again, decent food but our service was poor.

It is funny how our experiences differ, isn't it? I really like Sci-Fi - atmosphere, food and have always had great service.

jarajam
05-01-2009, 10:46 PM
ABC Commissary...bleck!
Pop Food Court...double bleck!

Tigger&Stitch
05-02-2009, 07:48 AM
It is funny how our experiences differ, isn't it? I really like Sci-Fi - atmosphere, food and have always had great service.

It is funny! We love Sci Fi as well. I think it's because we try to order things that are less complicated (i.e. no steak!). But unlike you, we loved Le Cellier.

Our 'never agains' are:

1) Cinderella's Table. Our service was fine the one time we went (back in 2005), and the food was even good (I think). We just felt it was overpriced and not something we would need to do again.

2) Artist Point. This is a tough one, actually. We ate our first dinner there on our honeymoon, and had our anniversary dinner there last year. The service from the waiter was good, but they 'forgot' it was our anniversary (even though my husband confirmed it mere minutes before our dinner and we were one of the few couples dining), and they forgot to print out our special menus. The food was ok, but not as spectacular as it should have been with all the hype. In the end, we decided we would rather go back to the California Grill for our 'fancy dinner' next trip.

3) Pizza Planet. Well, just horrible horrible pizza. We only went there because I had read that Stitch frequents the place, and he is my husband's favorite character.

princessesmom
05-02-2009, 12:50 PM
The one restaurant we would NEVER consider trying again is Garden Grill. We hated the seating. We are a family of 6 and it was nearly impossible to speak to anyone at the other side of the table. The food was mediocure at best. The service was outrageously slow. We were there for 2 hours, which in my opinion is completely unacceptable for a character meal with children (my youngest was 4 at the time). It was my son's 8'th birthday, when it was finally time for dessert they brought him a cupcake to decorate along with a signed card. They brought 3 of these, but I have 4 children. Of course they all wanted this! I had to ask for them to bring one more, so all of the kids had one. I had to ask two more times before they actually brought it out. My husband and I were very frustrated by the time we left, though I think my kids did enjoy it and the characters did keep them busy. I think we saw all of them 3 times! We would never consider returning to this restaurant.

AmandaChan
05-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Portabello (sp) Yacht Club is the only restaurant DH and I have truly disliked. We did not like the atmosphere (too rushed and too overwhelming), we did not like the food (the veal was disgusting and the pasta was so-so), and we didn't like the service (again, too rushed and they were just too busy to provide great service). This is the only Disney restaurant we won't consider going to again.

AmandaChan
05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh and Noodle Terrace in MK --- seriously why do people still eat there??

dmosher
05-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Pizza Planet. Well, just horrible horrible pizza. We only went there because I had read that Stitch frequents the place, and he is my husband's favorite character.
Yes it was horrible. The pizza was just sad (really, it even looked depressed) it was very VERY loud and too many sugar induced coma kids running around insanely while their parents ignored them and let them climb over everything including other guests tables. Gross. OH, and to top it all off, no Stitch! He never made it. That was the only place/meal I have ever really regretted in WDW. Oh well, we made up for it with a one on one with Stitch and Lilo in Animal Kingdom, so no worries!
:pipes:
D

mrsgaribaldi
05-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Chef Mickey's. Unless you have kids, you will all but be ignored by the characters.

We ate there for DH's birthday and there was alot of character interaction. I got up to take a picture and Minnie sat in my seat and pretended to eat my food. We had a ball.
Worst meal ever was at Rose & Crown but we also had the best meal ever at the same time. Mine was inedible and Dh's was fantastic. Thank God he can't eat alot and we shared his. They took my meal off the check. Service is good and the meals usually are too so we still go back.:thumbsup:

Boojum
05-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Funny how opinions vary, isn't it?

I'll begin by saying that we haven't tried all the restaurants at WDW. We tend to stick with the ones we like. I've never had a bad food experience, but here are my very minor gripes:

Sci-Fi Drive-In-- much of the food here doesn't fit the atmosphere, except for the wonderful milkshakes. It just seems odd to me that a restaurant themed in this way offers shrimp pasta and steaks. They should stick to hamburgers, hot dogs, good nachos, various "melt" sandwiches, and french fries. And maybe ribs and chicken fingers.

San Angel Inn--the food here is classic Mexican, and I think I'm more accustomed to Tex-Mex. It isn't bad food, it's just not what my mouth is set for. Plus, as some have already noted, the danged tables are too close together!

Cindy's Royal Table--excellent atmosphere, but too expensive. We haven't eaten here during our past two trips, because our DDs are too old to be "wowed" by the castle experience.

Kennywife
05-02-2009, 07:02 PM
ABC Commissary.....:ack:
Planet Hollywood, ridiculously overpriced for what we got

Tigger&Stitch
05-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Funny how opinions vary, isn't it?

I'll begin by saying that we haven't tried all the restaurants at WDW. We tend to stick with the ones we like. I've never had a bad food experience, but here are my very minor gripes:

Sci-Fi Drive-In-- much of the food here doesn't fit the atmosphere, except for the wonderful milkshakes. It just seems odd to me that a restaurant themed in this way offers shrimp pasta and steaks. They should stick to hamburgers, hot dogs, good nachos, various "melt" sandwiches, and french fries. And maybe ribs and chicken fingers.

That's a great idea! :thumbsup:

i'm grumpy
05-02-2009, 08:25 PM
3) Pizza Planet. Well, just horrible horrible pizza. We only went there because I had read that Stitch frequents the place, and he is my husband's favorite character.

He does? :D

Tigger&Stitch
05-02-2009, 08:35 PM
He does? :D

Ha! Apparently, he doesn't. He DOES frequent Tomorrowland and Animal Kingdom, though. We saw him heaps on our last trip!! :stitch:

bostomco
05-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Prime Time Cafe: I think it's totally overrated. The food is nothing special. And to echo what someone else said, the experience is largely dependent on the waiter/waitress you get. Our server last time was so boring that I couldn't even remember what role she was playing, but I do remember that the table next to us had the brother and they were having a blast. It was the one meal we regretted during our trip.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Sci-Fi Drive-In-- much of the food here doesn't fit the atmosphere, except for the wonderful milkshakes.

Mmm... those milkshakes, especially the ones with a bit of adult beverage added. Yummy adult chocolate goodness!
:pipes:
D

i'm grumpy
05-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Prime Time Cafe: I think it's totally overrated. The food is nothing special. And to echo what someone else said, the experience is largely dependent on the waiter/waitress you get. Our server last time was so boring that I couldn't even remember what role she was playing, but I do remember that the table next to us had the brother and they were having a blast. It was the one meal we regretted during our trip.

This has happened to us and last time they didn't even call our name! IF we go, we will probably split a sandwich. Not really food we like for lunch, seems more a dinner meal.