PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know......

PixieMagic
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
What the CC spending limit for Key to the world cards is at Value resorts?? We haven't stayed anywhere but deluxe in the past - and don't spend nearly $1500! But I have heard that value resorts have a lower limit? Does anyone know what this limit is?? Thank you!!

lindique
04-26-2009, 04:09 PM
I believe the limits are: $500 for Value, $1000 for Moderate, and $1500 for Deluxe. Please correct me if they have changed recently.

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
POP was 500 limit on ours

SBETigg
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Keep in mind that it's not really a limit. It's just when they charge your card and start you over again. You can keep on charging.

DANAM
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I wasn't aware there was a limit on our trip in September. We had to rent double strollers for 9 days and my camara broke so I had to buy a new one so we spent a little over $400 right when we walked in MK. Later that night I was buying some T's and stuff for the kids and they wouldn't take my card. I was confussed but they said all they have to do is call the resort for an approval. About 2 minutes later we where on your way. If you plan on spending more, I believe the CM told me I should let the front desk know and they will extend the limit.

SBETigg
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I wasn't aware there was a limit on our trip in September. We had to rent double strollers for 9 days and my camara broke so I had to buy a new one so we spent a little over $400 right when we walked in MK. Later that night I was buying some T's and stuff for the kids and they wouldn't take my card. I was confussed but they said all they have to do is call the resort for an approval. About 2 minutes later we where on your way. If you plan on spending more, I believe the CM told me I should let the front desk know and they will extend the limit.

We've hit our limit and have never even been aware of it. We've never been told. They just automatically take the payment and start the balance over again. At least, that's how it has always worked for us.

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 08:30 AM
The only complaint I have about the $500 limit is, that, we all spend more than $500, and Disney know it.

Nini5055
04-27-2009, 08:53 AM
The values all have a $500.00 limit.

I have stayed and have spent less than $200.00 for four people (3 adulst/1 child)...but that was for a 4 day trip.

I don't plan on spending much more for our trip this year as we have the deluxe dining plan and the only OOP expenses are the Afternoon Tea and tips (which we would pay anyway).

PixieMagic
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I find it kind of rude to have different limits based on the type of resort you stay it....we have always stayed at Poly (not b/c we have $$, but because we never eat out or buy luxuries so we can save for it) but this year is our first adult trip with my parents...(previously with my parents as children and recently going on trips with DH) and my sis who is in college can not afford Poly....this shouldn't reduce our spending limit as it's a bit inconvenient and I guarantee we will spend WAY more than that! I am thinking even with the DDP my extra expenses will be 300-500....that's tips, breakfast, drinks, and souveniers....but that's just me! One of four adults....sorry for the rant...just seems like Disney is saying "well, if you can only afford a value resort, we don't trust you to be able to pay a $500 resort charge"....it should just be the same across the board........ Again, sorry for the rant!

Nini5055
04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
PixieMagic...I do know what you are saying about the different limits for the different "level" resorts.

Having stayed at POP, POFQ and now GF...it just seems in some oddish way that they are saying the individuals staying at value resorts to be able to pay for their expenses...which we all know is not true.

It just always seemed odd to me whenever I thought about it. :confused:

DANAM
04-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I find it kind of rude to have different limits based on the type of resort you stay it....we have always stayed at Poly (not b/c we have $$, but because we never eat out or buy luxuries so we can save for it) but this year is our first adult trip with my parents...(previously with my parents as children and recently going on trips with DH) and my sis who is in college can not afford Poly....this shouldn't reduce our spending limit as it's a bit inconvenient and I guarantee we will spend WAY more than that! I am thinking even with the DDP my extra expenses will be 300-500....that's tips, breakfast, drinks, and souveniers....but that's just me! One of four adults....sorry for the rant...just seems like Disney is saying "well, if you can only afford a value resort, we don't trust you to be able to pay a $500 resort charge"....it should just be the same across the board........ Again, sorry for the rant!

I kind of agree with you. We stay at value resorts and get the dining plan that way we have alot more money to play with in the parks. My DH has even commented that if I add up all my other expenses I could have easily paid for the Deluxe Resort. I guess I could put all my money in a hotel room that we are never in but I choose to spend my money on extras for the kids.

pixiesmimi
04-28-2009, 12:03 PM
I feel the same way. We stay at the value sometimes according to what discounts are offered and because we don't stay in the room much. It also depends on who in our group is going and how many. This year we are staying at the Poly but only because we got a good discount. It isn't because we can't afford it, it is just that we would rather spend our money elsewhere. I think having different spending limits says they are discriminating according to what type of hotel you are staying at because they don't think you can afford it. I don't worry about it though. If I only get a $500 limit, I just take my debit card with me and use if we go over. But I add up my receipts every night. I didn't know they would give you a print out at the desk, which would help with the record keeping. I also didn't know that they would just charge your card and start over, which is nice. But it is also nice that they wait until the end of the trip to charge your card unless you go over, unlike some hotels that charge your card when you get there.

LVT
04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
POP in 2007. We had to stop by the desk and
re-zero the balance by Charging it to the Credit
Card on file. I was happy to limit the possible charges to an insecure room key. We checked the
balance and charges daily.

CleveRocks
04-29-2009, 09:09 PM
I find it kind of rude to have different limits based on the type of resort you stay it....we have always stayed at Poly (not b/c we have $$, but because we never eat out or buy luxuries so we can save for it) but this year is our first adult trip with my parents...(previously with my parents as children and recently going on trips with DH) and my sis who is in college can not afford Poly....this shouldn't reduce our spending limit as it's a bit inconvenient and I guarantee we will spend WAY more than that! I am thinking even with the DDP my extra expenses will be 300-500....that's tips, breakfast, drinks, and souveniers....but that's just me! One of four adults....sorry for the rant...just seems like Disney is saying "well, if you can only afford a value resort, we don't trust you to be able to pay a $500 resort charge"....it should just be the same across the board........ Again, sorry for the rant!I see it differently than you.:mickey:

I don't see it as rude, or mistrustful, or classist. I see it simply as an amenity of the resort.

The more expensive the resort, the more amenities available to the guests. It's not that someone staying in a Value resort doesn't 'deserve" or can't be trusted with a ceiling fan, a second sink, a larger room, a table-service restaurant, a covered bus area, a pool slide, towels at the main pool ... it's just that they are paying less for their accomodations, and therefore get less. That's not a bad thing. People make their choices about where to stay. When you choose a less expensive resort, you know that you are trading a lower cost for fewer amenities. Again, nothing wrong with that. And I see the convenience of a higher room charge limit as just another amenity, and nothing more. I don't see it as a matter of trust or a measure of one's worth or worthiness.