PDA

View Full Version : Behind the scene tour at EPCOT

PETE FROM NYC
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Back around 20 yrs ago my family did a behind the scenes tour in Epcot,showing us among other things,the computers that ran everything.
Is this tour still around and where exactly is it and what is it called?

lindique
04-26-2009, 04:11 PM
They now have a tour called the UnDiscovered Future World - perhaps this is what you are looking for? I've taken it - but I wasn't overly impressed. From all my trips and hours on Intercot, I think I knew almost as much as the guide.

dream6
04-26-2009, 04:21 PM
They now have a tour called the UnDiscovered Future World - perhaps this is what you are looking for? I've taken it - but I wasn't overly impressed. From all my trips and hours on Intercot, I think I knew almost as much as the guide.

That's disappointing! When we were there last month we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour for the first time and loved it - I did know a lot of what was mentioned but there were some new things. Plus, we loved seeing behind the scenes. The guide mentioned the Epcot tour and we were planning on trying that out next time around. Should we reconsider?

lindique
04-26-2009, 07:07 PM
That's disappointing! When we were there last month we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour for the first time and loved it - I did know a lot of what was mentioned but there were some new things. Plus, we loved seeing behind the scenes. The guide mentioned the Epcot tour and we were planning on trying that out next time around. Should we reconsider?
I really can't say - maybe I just had a not-so-great guide. Also, I was hoping to do more behind the scenes things - I really wanted to see how some of the rides worked - and we didn't see any of that. We got to go on Soarin - and got in from a backstage door, but not really anything else. (I had really wanted to see how Mission Space worked.) We went into one of the corporate lounges, and got to see the restaurant in the Living Seas (before it opened for the day). We also saw the EPCOT equivalent of the Utilidor - the building where the CMs get their costumes, have their break rooms, lockers, etc. I had heard really good things about this tour - others on this site had a much better tour - as I said, maybe it was just our guide.