PDA

View Full Version : need some help before we go crazy

last real pirate
04-25-2009, 06:40 PM
do you ever get stuck into a rut where you feel like you are doing the same thing everyday, day after day? to the point where you feel like you are in that movie ground hog day. that's where me and my wife are. i want to surpise my wife by planning a really fun day that we can spend together and enjoy being young and in love. any ideas on something new or out of the ordinary? i need something we can just go on like a saturaday and do. to bad we live to far away to go ride pirates or haunted mansion.

dmosher
04-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes! I totally understand that! I would say try something sweet but simple. Maybe start your day off with breakfast in bed (assuming she is a wake and eat kind of girl, my DW needs at least an hour, so good luck), then, maybe a picnic in the park or something like that. it's tricky since I know nothing about her. Maybe take her to see a movie you know she wants to see, or something. the real trick is to NOT do something she wants to do, but do something you BOTH want to do. Next time your driving around, listen to what she says. If she says, oh isn't that place beautiful, or something make a note and take her there. Something like that... maybe? Just a thought.
:pipes:
D

garymacd
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Darn! I wanted to suggest the picnic!:pout:

SBETigg
04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Massages or spa treatments, maybe? You can find a good local day spa and see what they offer. They usually have a variety of options in different price ranges, and even offer couples massages. It's romantic and fun, completely relaxing. Afterwards, maybe plan a light meal at home, like pre-made salads and fruit, with candles and wine?

crazypoohbear
04-25-2009, 09:34 PM
If you live close to the ocean, take her to the beach, it's off season but beautiful. Pack a picnic lunch of her favs, a bottle of wine. Or go to the mountains, the zoo, find a free concert go to a local play, go into the city and walk around like tourists. Rent an old movie you both loved from when you were first dating, get take out and watch it in bed.
Find a church and watch a wedding take place from a distance away.
Find an outdoor cafe and people watch.