PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Choose...Which Resturant????

georger
04-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Boma or Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier or Coral Reef
Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grill or Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare

We're definitely doing:
Whispering Canyon
Ohana
Crystal Palace and I want to choose 3 other restaurants...Boma, Yak and Yeti, Liberty Tree Taven and Garden Grill would all be new restaurants for us! Thanks for your input!!!!!

Pop Centurion
04-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Boma
Le Cellier
LTT

SBETigg
04-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I would definitely do Boma. I prefer Le Cellier to Coral Reef. Of the others, I'm not sure.

SFTrny
04-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Boma or Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier or Coral Reef

We love both Boma and the Yak and Yeti. I think this may depend on where you want to be and at what time. Boma was great for dinner. High quality food, but served buffet style. For Yak and Yeti, you need to be in the park. We at there for lunch. This is a table service restaurant...also very good food. For value, Boma is probably better. I find it hard to compare them.

We've never eaten at Le Cellier or Coral Reef, but from what we've read and heard, Le Cellier is the clear winner on this one. If you are thinking about dinner, you might also think about your park exit strategy. Might be easier to exit through the International Gateway...so don't park in the main front lot or plan your transportation.

We had lunch at 1900 Park Fare one trip and weren't that impressed with the food. I think I'd go for Liberty Tree Tavern if I had the choice.

Captain_Nemo
04-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Boma
Le Cellier
LTT

For Le Cellier you better make reservations far in advance as it is one of the hardest to get a reservations for, always booked. when I try aynway :(

Mickey91
04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
I would go with Coral Reef. The only restaurant of the four LT, CM, GG, and 1900 that has never let us down other than a brief change in the catfish recipee is Garden Grill. All the others can be hit or miss but we have them all on our very frequent list. 1900 Park Fair is a blast with the step sisters rom CInderella. Liberty Tree has okay food but their main appeal was the characters and unless they changed it back recently, the characters are gone. Chef Mickeys is good for breakfast and the characters are usually a lot of fun! We did not care for dinner there. Garden Grill has great catfish! Plus the views of The Land make it very unique and enjoyable. he characters great there too.

So after all that: Coral Reef and Garden Grill would be my choices. I can't help with the others as I have not eaten at Boma or Yak and Yeti.

dmosher
04-25-2009, 07:20 PM
This is a tough one as there are so many great options. My top three from the list would have to be
1) Le Cellier
2) Crystal Palace
3) Boma

Have fun and enjoy, no matter where you eat you will have a great time dining in the magic.
:pipes:
D

beksy
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
We absolutely loved Garden Grill. I don't know about your other choices--we're trying some of them on the next trip.

Charlee
04-26-2009, 12:47 PM
You have so many of my favorite places on your list!

We really enjoy character meals and the Crystal Palace is our favorite of all but we enjoy Chef Mickeys too and the Garden Grill is a great dining option. It feels quite private due to being seated in booths and the food was very good and different to the buffet options. We really enjoyed it and would recommend it!

We didn't rate LTT for dinner but would always try lunch in the future.

My top three of your choices would be:
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace
Garden Grill

Have fun making your decision!

sassy2000
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Boma
Le Cellier
Chef Mickey's (or Garden Grill) but I think their is a more fun atmosphere at CM :mickey:

DANAM
04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Our picks would be:

Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier
1900 Park Fare or Liberty Tree Tavern

tjstrike
04-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Boma

Coral Reef

Liberty tree if the characters are back / otherwise 1900 Park fare.

Crow
04-27-2009, 03:19 AM
ill try
Yak & Yeti was good last yr. last wk went to Boma...not bad. if u want a buffet go there
Le Cellier...hard to get in but i think i would pick it over Coral...but the atmosphere is better at Coral
the 3rd part, Ive only eaten at GG and it was very good so id go w that

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 08:06 AM
I voted for Whispering Canyon Cafe, just for the adventure of going over there. My favorite restaurant is The Wave.:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
04-27-2009, 08:15 AM
I went with Ohana- it sounds like fun. I have never been there but hoping to go in Sept.

animalkingdomguy
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
That was tough. There were so many I love. But, Boma is the only resturant that I can think of the features African Continent cuisine, that at WDW or anywhere for that matter. I really love Boma. :cloud9: :mickey: :number1:

marlaine
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
My family just loves Chef Mickey's. It's a real tradition with us! The food is always good and you can't beat the characters. :chef:

hlkeck
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Boma
Le Cellier
Garden Grill - this absolutely has better food than CM or LTT. CM has a much more fun atmosphere so it would depend on your children's ages.

We had terrible food and terrible service and a really mean Goofy at LTT. We will never go back there. My 4 y/o son left crying b/c Goofy was so mean to him!

Daddy Mouse
04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Boma
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern

In my not so humble opinion.

Minnie97
04-29-2009, 08:52 PM
I love Chef mickeys or breakfast.:mickey:

RAIDER
04-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Ohana for me ( dont forget to order a lapua Lapau :cloud9: )

and le cellier second for me

Mousemates
04-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Boma
Le Cellier
Garden Grill
1900 Park Fare

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Boma or Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier or Coral Reef

Boma over Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier over Coral Reef
(because Yak & Yeti and Coral Reef reviews are inconsistent- people either love it or hate it.)
Garden Grill over the others . .because it revolves, great scenery, a fabulous Hidden Mickey to hunt for, and CHIP AND DALE!!! :chip::dale:

LarryBoy
04-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Boma - Awesome buffet, love the prime rib and desserts.
Garden Grill - My favorite character meal. By far the most peaceful atmosphere of all the character meals, and the food is really good.
Coral Reef vs Le Cellier - This was is a tie in my book. Both are great. The food is a little better at LeC and the atmosphere is very cool at CR. Can't go wrong with either. If you are taking kids they would probably like CR better.

Ropachs
04-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Garden Grill - esp. because you've not been there before!

cer
04-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I would do:

Yak & Yeti
Le Cellier
Garden Grille (very peaceful character meal, the way the restaurant is set up, it is almost like private dining!)

GrmGrninGost
04-30-2009, 06:27 PM
After many trips of not trying Coral Reef because of bad things we were hearing, we finally tried it a few years back. It is now my favorite WDW restaurant! For us, the food has been exceptional and the service marvelous! I cannot give a higher recommendation! :mickey: