PDA

View Full Version : What is the very last thing you do when you leave Disney

ransam
04-25-2009, 01:23 AM
I was just wondering if any one had any traditions for the last thing you do on your last day at Disney.
For me, i end it at Magic Kingdom. i basically take a small lap around the park, ending in front of the castle. then i walk down main street toward the entrance of the park.
then I just sit on a bench and people watch...and kind of relive the past week. At that time i usually start making my plans for my next trip!

anyone else do anything on their last day?

disneyboy98
04-25-2009, 02:15 AM
We either end our last day at the MK or Epcot. This time it was Epcot and we just walked out of the park super duper slow, and taking in all the smells, sounds, and sights as we went along.

If we end it at the MK (even if it is not our last day but the last time we will be in the park) we just walk down MS looking in all the shops in the evening before the park closes. Personally, I always make sure that once I get to the end of the MS I make sure to look back at the castle and, I know this might sound cheezy, but I think or under my breath say "Thanks Walt, see you next year."

Great topic!

BigRedDad
04-25-2009, 02:43 AM
Get on the DME bus back to MCO.

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 06:15 AM
Cry and beg hubby to move to Orlando.

antnyh
04-25-2009, 08:27 AM
We always grab a snack at the CR. Go to MK for one last ride. Hop on the monorail and take a few trips around. Then we load up the car and wave by as we drive down the road.

mouseketeer mom
04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Cry.:blush:

marylynne95
04-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I have to go to MK to see the castle before I leave. We can go to another park, but I have to at least be in the MK for a few minutes before ending my trip. I have to do the same at the start of my trip. Must go to MK for a few to see the castle then we can go somewhere else. The castle is always the first and last thing I have to see. I wish I were there now...:cloud9:

MOJoe
04-25-2009, 09:06 AM
I usually hit the morning EMH park with my oldest and get a few rides in. Sometimes it's Everest. Sometimes Rockin Roller Coaster. When the park opens to day guests, we go back to the room and head for the ME bus stop, cause it's time to leave.

That's when we all cry. :sob:

luvDaMouse
04-25-2009, 09:49 AM
cry:crying: I always end my vacation with Wishes and :shop: shopping in all the main street shops!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-25-2009, 09:51 AM
We usually end with a nice and relaxing breakfast at Kona Cafe. It's starts the day off nice before either a long drive back home or fighting the airport crowds and sercurity.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
We're a all four park before we leave family:thumbsup:. We each pick one of our favorites and get on it before we board that DME bus!

DNS
04-25-2009, 10:35 AM
We don't end with any specific park, but I find myself taking pictures of everything and anything. I can always tell when I look at my pictures after we get back where the leaving Disney blues starts.

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2009, 10:41 AM
We've just so happened to do the same thing on our last several trips. We drive so we always put off leaving as long as we can, and we've found ourselves at the Poly last before we hit the road. We go take a spin on the monorail, do a bit of shopping, walk around, look at the castle across the lagoon, and throw some coins into the fountain wishing to return before we head out and hop in the car for the long ride home. :(

Daisy'sMom
04-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Since we live close by, we usually make day trips, but at least once a year, we stay for a week. Then we always end with Epcot and the Spaceship Earth. :mickey:

Wells
04-25-2009, 10:55 AM
:twocents:...Throw a coin or two in the fountain at the entrance of the Polynesian Great ceremonial house...:tikki::tikki::tikki:

DisneyPrincess21
04-25-2009, 12:13 PM
I was just wondering if any one had any traditions for the last thing you do on your last day at Disney.
For me, i end it at Magic Kingdom. i basically take a small lap around the park, ending in front of the castle. then i walk down main street toward the entrance of the park.
then I just sit on a bench and people watch...and kind of relive the past week. At that time i usually start making my plans for my next trip!

anyone else do anything on their last day?

I too always end my vacation in Magic Kingdom, And I ride the boat back to the mk parking lot. And I take lots of pictures of the castle while on the boat and then when we get to the dock there is very nice views to take pictures of the castle. And of course one traditions that I always do when I leave wdw, Is of course.... Cry :sadwave: :cry: :crying: :sob:
I can't help it, No matter how long we have been there, Or how much fun I have had, I still leave crying. I just really really loved Disney World! :balloon:

MalsMom
04-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I always buy a mylar balloon for my room on the first day. The last day I scout the lobby for a family checking in, and with the parents permission, I ask a child to take care of the balloon for me. Everybody smiles, and it extends my disney magic just a little longer.

ransam
04-25-2009, 12:35 PM
I have to go to MK to see the castle before I leave. We can go to another park, but I have to at least be in the MK for a few minutes before ending my trip. I have to do the same at the start of my trip. Must go to MK for a few to see the castle then we can go somewhere else. The castle is always the first and last thing I have to see. I wish I were there now...:cloud9:

i am really the same way about the castle.... as weird is it is. a few years ago i took my brother to orlando....we went to seaworld the first day, and as much as i love seaworld, i was really disappointed in it...then i realized that it wasn't seaworld, just that all i could think of was magic kingdom and how much i really wanted to go there...that's why Magic kingdom has to be the first thing i do on vacation.
we're going this december....checking into the hotel on Saturday afternoon, and first stop? guess where? ha

Simba's Mom
04-25-2009, 01:53 PM
For years, I used to have a tradition of being sure to get my hand stamped when I left the last park the last time. I always told myself it was just in case we got to the airport and our flight was cancelled. That way we could just go back to WDW and head to the parks again. But now we don't have any tradition. I almost wish they still had the ability to do hand stamps. I used to wake up at home the next morning and relive my vacation.

DawsonAR
04-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Cry and start planning our next Disney trip.

marlaine
04-25-2009, 03:22 PM
We also each throw a coin in the Poly's fountain and make a wish that we will return the following year. We started it the first year, and have done it every year since! :party:

Soul_Power
04-25-2009, 03:27 PM
December will be our second trip to WDW, and we're going to continue what we started on our first trip and go to a character breakfast the day we leave. :mickey:

Soph and Han's Mom
04-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Stop at Downtown Disney and pick up all of our last minute gifts!

TheVBs
04-25-2009, 04:56 PM
I always buy a mylar balloon for my room on the first day. The last day I scout the lobby for a family checking in, and with the parents permission, I ask a child to take care of the balloon for me. Everybody smiles, and it extends my disney magic just a little longer.

That is so sweet! I love it! :mickey:

We don't have a last day tradition. Except for the crying part of course.

Aero
04-25-2009, 05:14 PM
When the kids were younger, and we were crazy enough to drive to WDW, we would stop at Downtown Disney on our last day, do a little shopping, and then let the kids get totally soaked in the fountain there. They'd change in the car and we'd begin the loooong ride home.

- Aero

Captain_Nemo
04-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Walk down Main street one last time :( then I start thinking about booking the next trip :secret:

DisneyAggies
04-25-2009, 05:28 PM
For us it's a final character breakfast at Crystal Palace followed by farwell 'grand circle tour' of MK.

Last year we didn't have time to hit the parks on our last day because of our flight time. Every other year, we've made it...

mickey001
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Me and my Father usually go during Extra Magic Hours to Magic Kingdom and take a baker's dozen on the Jungle Cruise, clearly our top ten in the park. During fireworks and the parade is the absolute best because no one is on the ride, so we get in and talk to the Skipper about how they landed such a wonderful job ;).

dmosher
04-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I use to go to DTD for a last minute look around and shopping, however now that DW and I are married and have found our favorite resort (V@WL), we usually sleep in a bit, get up, have breakfast and take a stroll around the Lodge, maybe stop by the gift shop and then head to the bus. Usually it is bitter sweet, however this year we will be staying in DL for a few days after WDW, so it will make the transition much MUCH easier. No tears being shed here... at least not till we are on the flight from LA to New Zealand (home), then maybe a few. At least till we break out our Passporter and start planning the next trip (hopefully around Christmas time next year hehehe).
:pipes:
D

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2009, 09:49 PM
December will be our second trip to WDW, and we're going to continue what we started on our first trip and go to a character breakfast the day we leave. :mickey:

Oh I forgot, we tend to do this on our last day as well.

mermaidmarian
04-25-2009, 10:01 PM
We usually plan a waterpark day for our last day. We check out of the resort, pack our rental car and then bop over to a water park, usually TL, for a last day of fun. We shower and get dressed for the airport at the park and plan to get to MCO by 3:00 p.m.

cherbie66
04-26-2009, 12:07 AM

Thats a great idea! I love it! :thumbsup:

Yvette
04-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Cry!!

No, seriously, we always start and finish at MK. Last night we watch the fireworks, wander through the shops on Main Street, and turn one last time to say goodbye to the castle. :sad:

This coming trip (how many days boys and girls? 28?) will be a little different. My daughter and I will be there for a few days prior to my new SIL arrival for a belated honeymoon.

So for me it will be a last night, but just the beginning of their honeymoon.

WDW_Obsessed
04-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Cry and beg hubby to move to Orlando.

Me too!! Every time we leave I try to come up with a better reason why we should live there...

g8rgirl29
04-26-2009, 10:35 AM
We pick our favorite park of the year, MK always wins out!! Ride our 4 favs and more if we have time. Then we head back to OKW for some Penne Pasta with Chicken at Olivia's. Then it is the ME to MCO.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-27-2009, 02:35 AM
We always drive from Ontario (22 hours from home to Disney), so the day before we leave, we do a grand tour of all of the rides that we want to hit "one more time." Usually it ends up being a whirlwind tour of all four parks. Then we head back to the hotel, freshen up and head over to the Cali Grill for our last wonderful meal, watching the fireworks while we eat. Then we head to bed early, for the fabulous 6am wake-up call to start heading home. I always cry when we leave.

Mousemates
04-27-2009, 08:21 AM
We finish either with a late night stroll down mainstreet or a "walk around the world" at Epcot.

BluewaterBrad
04-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Silently say goodbye to the resort and to Disney and always say see you real soon!!:mickey:

EpcotChic23
04-29-2009, 09:53 AM
cry:cry: Seriously that is the last thing I do sit in the hotel lobby waiting for magical express and cry. I make sure to wear sunglasses to try to cover it up, but my family knows for the past 29 years that is always what I do.

poeticeclipse
04-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow! Reading everyones posts makes me want to cry NOW! haha!

We don't have a certain park we go to on our last park day. Normally, I take a stroll around our resort before grabbing all of the bags to take to the DME. While watching the "goodbye" video on the DME, I break down. Every single time. When they characters start singing "Now it's time to say goodbye..." I just think about how much I love this place and how special it is to me and to so many other people in the world. I always say a silent prayer to Walt, thanking him for everything he has done for millions of people. None of this would exist without him and i'll never forget that.

Hull-onian
04-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Enjoy a breakfast at Chef Mickey's.:cloud9:

RedSoxFan
04-29-2009, 09:49 PM
We end our stay with one last visit to MK.:mickey:

disneyboundagain
04-29-2009, 10:06 PM
We always hit the MK the last day. As we are walking through the gate to leave, I always say, to myself, "see you again next year", and then wipe a few tears from my eyes. We have been very fortunate to be able to go every year for the past few years, but every time we leave I know that there is only a 50/50 chance we will be able to afford to go again the following year.

RAIDER
04-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Last day at a park i always look back and pray i can come back the following year

The actual last day i normally have my last meal at the Rainforest Cafe at DTD :thumbsup:

DANAM
04-30-2009, 01:07 PM
We normally use the rest of our snacks at Goofy's in DTD!

Suz36
04-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Cry and start planning our next Disney trip.

:ditto:

Last day is always MK for that last look at the castle!