PDA

View Full Version : Disneyquest Dining

MomTo3Tiggers
04-24-2009, 09:42 PM
I've read that the dining in Disneyquest is now run by Disney instead of Cheesecake Factory. Because two of my kids have food allergies, I try to scope out the dining options ahead of time - but I can't find menus online for restaurants at Disneyquest that aren't Cheesecake Factory.

I suspect that we'll probably just try to avoid any main meal times and pack in snacks - but has anyone eaten there recently? Is it much different than it used to be when it was run by Cheesecake Factory?

Figment!
04-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Walt Disney World Food & Beverage took over operations of Wonderland Cafe and FoodQuest in June 2008.

If food allergies are your concern you can call the food management department, which can be reached via 1-407-824-2222. You should be able to speak with someone who can address any potential food issues at these locations and what alternatives they can provide.

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM
It's pretty much the standard burger type fare. They did have a few other options but nothing out of the ordinary.

I remember:
pizza
pasta
burgers & dogs
salad
chicken digits
wraps

AdventurerKim
04-25-2009, 06:23 PM
I am disappointed by the limited dining options and would look forward to Cheesecake Factory cheesecake at DQ. My fav panini is no longer available, and when we ate there in Nov. 2008, we were very disappointed by the food quality and selection. This has only contributed to our decision not to get WP&M ticket options (in addition to no more AC & CW at PI) on winter trips since we don't go to water parks then.

dmosher
04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Yes I have to agree. While the menu has a few options, they are nothing unique or particularly special. The food is OK, if you work up a hunger playing Pirates of the Caribbean downstairs, but otherwise you would do better to just wait and go outside and hit up one of the many eateries in DTD. I hate saying that, since i know DQ looses money and if they continue will probably close, but it is true. Do something to bring us all back DQ... PLEASE!
:pipes:
D

MomTo3Tiggers
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks - that helps. I think we'll stick with the plan of not eating an actual meal there. I'll contact Disney Dining to see if they have some of the safe snacks my two food allergy kids can eat.

I hope DisneyQuest doesn't close, because my two youngest have talked about playing Pirates of the Caribbean there for the last two years. They're counting the time until they're tall enough and coordinated enough to be the one steering the ship!