PDA

View Full Version : fastpass and morning EMH

wedway fan
04-24-2009, 11:28 AM
never been a morning person, but i think we're going to try and hit some AM EMH on our next trip. i'm curious- when do they turn on the FP machines? are they on during EMH, or do they wait until "normal" park opening time to activate them?

DANAM
04-24-2009, 11:48 AM
From what I could always remember they wait until the normal park hours because you really don't need them for EMH.

We love EMH especially the AM we get so much done in an hour. We normally head out very early take a break mid day and then go out late that night.

KylesMom
04-24-2009, 12:38 PM
From what I could always remember they wait until the normal park hours because you really don't need them for EMH.

Nope, for the most part the FP machines are operational when the gates open for EMH. However, you will not see FPs kick in until the second hour the park is open.

For example, if I wanted a FP for Space Mountain and I enter the park at 8:00 am, the earliest time for return that the machine will spit out is around 9:10 am.

Even though Kali River Rapids at AK doesn't officially open until 9 am, you can still grab a FP for it before then. But since the operating times begin at 9, you won't see a return FP time for this attraction until after 10 am.

We always grab a FP for something first thing! It allows us to repeat our favorites numerous times while still being able to visit other attractions.

wedway fan
04-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Nope, for the most part the FP machines are operational when the gates open for EMH. However, you will not see FPs kick in until the second hour the park is open.

that's just what i was hoping for. i figured we could ride a few things and grab a FP for later for something else. we'll be back at the resort in the pool by the time everyone else is strolling in!

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 06:19 AM

We love EMH especially the AM we get so much done in an hour. We normally head out very early take a break mid day and then go out late that night.

Same for us....we try to make rope drop and then around lunch time we head back to the resort to hit the pool and take a nap. Then back to the park for dinner. We are not morning people at all but it is worth the effort for that time in the park.

MOJoe
04-25-2009, 09:14 AM
We always grab a FP for something first thing! It allows us to repeat our favorites numerous times while still being able to visit other attractions.

Now that Splash and Big Thunder have been added to the morning EMH list, this advice is more important than ever.

badkitty
04-28-2009, 11:36 AM
It has happened to me on busy EMH mornings, that the Safari at AK will be out of fastpasses by noon because EMH folks were able to get them starting at 8AM.