PDA

View Full Version : DDP Question

LarryBoy
04-24-2009, 09:00 AM
I was perusing a recent menu of Le Cellier as I prepare for my July trip and I noticed something new on the menu called Le Cellier Experience which gives you the choice of several appetizers, entrees, and deserts for a set price. I know the DDP no longer includes appetizers, but would this meal be something you could get on the DDP? I thought that might be why thy designed this item.

tss22
04-24-2009, 09:41 AM
I read somewhere on here a while back that it was included, but that information is only second hand from me so take it for what it is worth.

Strmchsr
04-24-2009, 09:48 AM
:ditto: There were a couple of threads here about this subject a few weeks ago, but I haven't tried first hand. I think I will while we're down there next week.

LarryBoy
04-24-2009, 10:33 AM
:ditto: There were a couple of threads here about this subject a few weeks ago, but I haven't tried first hand. I think I will while we're down there next week.

Let us know what you find out. I've got to have my beer cheese soup!

Maleficent_vf
04-24-2009, 01:05 PM
When we were there in March, it had the DDP symbol next to it in the menu. Enjoy your soup! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
04-24-2009, 01:38 PM
1) Yers, it is on DDP.
2) It is a pre-plated menu.
3) Smaller portions, but includes appy.

LarryBoy
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
How much smaller are the portions? I'm kind of a big fella, but if I've got my cheese soup and my creme brulee I should be happy. Are there any other restaurants at WDW doing this?

JavaDuck
04-24-2009, 03:57 PM
The Le Cellier Experience was on the menu during my trip last August. I asked the server if it was included in the DDP and was told it was. I did not order it since I really wanted the Fillet which I'm pretty sure was not one of the options. A friend (a CM) did order it was quite happy with it.

I agree, the cheese soup is sooo good. Looking forward to it this August on our return trip.

Daisy'sMom
04-24-2009, 07:18 PM
The beer cheese soup? What is it like? I might have to try it.:mickey:

pianobabe
04-25-2009, 12:36 AM
I ordered this special last September. I didn't feel it was too much smaller. I had the soup and the Moose (Mousse) for dessert. They seemed to be the same size I had had the year before when I didn't get the pre-plated deal. I also had a steak. I felt it was adequate size. I was barely able to eat it all. It was good, I can tell you that for sure.

LarryBoy
04-27-2009, 09:55 AM
The beer cheese soup? What is it like? I might have to try it.:mickey:

:tasty: It's slap yo mama good!