PDA

View Full Version : Ok I'm weird but...

monkeycity
04-24-2009, 12:58 AM
...I have wondered every time I see the CBJ if the liquid in Trixie's glass, which i know isn't real wine by the way, ever is refreshed during refurb or if the thing is sealed. I mean, I've seen that show many times since I was a kid 30+ *cough* years ago and that peculiar thought goes through my mind nearly every time. Believe me, I have a thousand weird questions to ask; my mind just comes up with them on its own. It's a gift, I know. But I thought I'd start with this one, so any ideas?

llamaface
04-24-2009, 07:22 AM
what's CBJ .........

PetefromRI
04-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Ahhhhh....The Country Bear Jamboree.That was driving me nuts.I'd say they just clean up the glass but I'm sure it's sealed.

morebroccoli
04-24-2009, 07:56 AM
i have no earthly idea, but i just love the fact someone else is thinking about these random things! i wonder about stuff like that all the time.

gauvin4
04-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Believe me, I have a thousand weird questions to ask; my mind just comes up with them on its own. It's a gift, I know. But I thought I'd start with this one, so any ideas?

I, too, have the gift!! My family always looks at me like I have two heads when I ask questions like that. Obviously they are not as gifted as us. :mickey:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
04-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Try this one: We noticed that in one of the stops on the Carousel of Progress, the father figure was wearing two left shoes. And isn't wonderful that they travel almost 100 years, and the only one's that really age are the kids...we could only be so lucky.

5togetherWDW
04-24-2009, 09:11 AM
That two left shoe thing has been bothering us for quite some time. My Mom noticed it first, but my whole family focuses on such things.
As for Trixie's wine, I've always figured it was refilled frequently (it would surely evaporate some) and she must take a sip now and again when we aren't looking:secret:

beksy
04-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I, too, have the gift!! My family always looks at me like I have two heads when I ask questions like that. Obviously they are not as gifted as us. :mickey:

Nice to know I'm not alone! :thumbsup:

mickey&missy
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I would venture to guess that it's sealed!

Trust me, your not alone! I think of these random things too and little things bug me. Like why isn't the ceiling in IASW covered in black cloth or something? When you look up you see an industrial drop ceiling!

I've never noticed the 2 left shoes thing on COP! Is it in all the scenes?!

Giggy
04-24-2009, 10:51 AM
And isn't wonderful that they travel almost 100 years, and the only one's that really age are the kids...we could only be so lucky.

I was impressed by that, particularly how the dog is still going strong 100 years later. I'm going to put it down to living in WDW, the pixie-dust must have some magic anti-aging properties to it. :mickey:

garymacd
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM

I think there must be a genetic link somewhere that has some of us gifted, and others just confused by our gifts.

Maleficent_vf
04-24-2009, 01:08 PM
OMG! First a group that love's Disney as much as I do and now a sub-group that picks up on weird things like the wine in Trixie's glass and two left shoes, just like I do. I love Intercot! :grouphug:

I was wondering about Trixie's glass when we were there last time, but was too embarassed by my own weirdness to post. :blush:

Dopey's Girl
04-24-2009, 01:16 PM
This post is one of the main reasons I love the site so much. Not only is it filled with people who not only understand, but share my Disney obsession, but now I come to find out that I'm not the only crazy person who looks for stuff like this?!

:woohoo:

ransam
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
At the Muppet show....there's a sign that says they are gone, but will be back and a key is under the mat.....Look under the welcome mat when you get there....yes, my friends, there is a key.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
04-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Does that make us deranged, or to paraphrase Manfred Mann from the 70's....

"Blinded by the Mouse":mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
04-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Now I am going to dig up my old VHS tapes I made to look for two left shoes.

garymacd
04-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Now I am going to dig up my old VHS tapes I made to look for two left shoes.

Oooh. At least they're not Super 8's!

DisneyOtaku
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
I would venture to guess that it's sealed!

Trust me, your not alone! I think of these random things too and little things bug me. Like why isn't the ceiling in IASW covered in black cloth or something? When you look up you see an industrial drop ceiling!

I've never noticed the 2 left shoes thing on COP! Is it in all the scenes?!

You have NO idea how much good it makes me feel that I am not the only one who wonders about the IASM ceiling!

monkeycity
04-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Wow! You guys have no idea how nice it is to realize that I am not the only one who notices odd things here and there. I mean, if it wasn't for Intercot, we would all be wandering through the parks with odd thoughts popping into our heads and no one to share them with that wouldn't call those nice men in the white jackets :fresh: I know there's the mousellaneous forum on here, but we should start one that just talks about weird stuff we notice that no one else does :trio: I salute you, my fellow Intercotees! You all are Number :number1:

allirae
04-26-2009, 10:48 AM
I was at a magic/joke shop once that had a wine glass where the glass was double layered and the liquid inbetween. That way the glass looked like it was full and could slosh and/or spill, but would always just stay between the layers. I always thought it was just something like that. (fun thread!)

Brownie54
04-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Isn't Trixie's glass refreshed during every performance with her tears. Doesn't she sing that her tears are the chaser for her wine. Now someone asked about the dog never aging in COP. I need some help here because I thought the dog had two different names(meaning they weren't the same). I remember Queenie, but not the other. Of course I could be totally wrong. I never wanted Trixie to drink alone.:marg:

Giggy
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Now someone asked about the dog never aging in COP. I need some help here because I thought the dog had two different names(meaning they weren't the same). I remember Queenie, but not the other. Of course I could be totally wrong.

I'm not sure, I was sure I remembered them calling the dog 'Rover' at some point, if not all of it. However I last saw it in 2004 and so my memory of it is a bit fuzzy.

That is the advantage of only going every few years, I forget half of it before we go again. :mickey:

Mousemates
04-27-2009, 08:54 AM
in search of an answer I googled "country bear jamboree" wine glass liquid. Unfortunately, for an answer it directed me to this thread.:mickey:

Dancer Mom
04-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Too funny! Whenever DH comes up with "stuff" like this I tell him he has too much time on his hands!

ThunderStorm
04-27-2009, 11:42 AM
i was just thinking about this last week when i was watching the CBJ,

my assumption would be the glass is sealed at the top, so it can slosh around forever, but never spill, and never evaporate, think about those chill mugs you can buy that have the liquid in it that never evaporates, same sort of deal, but just a sealed top, and open inside the glass.

Laughin' place
04-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Another weird detail from CofP that always bothers me --
what becomes of the young, unnamed girl in the first scene ?
This isnt Patricia or Trish, the older girl who is a part of all the other scenes. There is a young girl (I think she is helping the mother with the laundry) in the first scene, who goes unnamed. She isnt in any of the rest of the scenes....
Where did she go ? Just a neighbor girl who likes to do laundry ? :confused:

mdhiggin
04-27-2009, 02:10 PM
You guys must be my real family. Those others think I go to Disney too much and obsess over odd things. My niece asked me how many times a year did we REALLY go to DW. I think she may be hearing talk from her parents.:D
A friend of mine once told me she wished she had the courage to ask some of the off the wall questions I ask, because she wants to know too but doesn't ask.

beksy
04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I think I could spend hours on the COP just watching, picking up new, strange facts, and trying to make sense of it all! Hmm...good idea for a rainy afternoon! :thumbsup: I noticed the girl and remember a discussion on here a while back about her with some interesting ideas. I know that the dog was called Rover during part of the ride but didn't remember another name (although it would be cool if the dog was Queenie at one point since I had a dog named Rover and now have one named Queenie!). I always thought it was interesting that the only time the Dad is out of a chair is in the last scene when he is "trying" to fix a meal. Of course it is all electronic so he's still not doing much of anything and still screws it up!

homeschool mom
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
I thought I saw two left shoes on the dad in CoP when we were there last week! I actually thought I was seeing things. I too notice random things at WDW and other places. I think it is the sign of inquisitive minds - we like to know! :mickey:

garymacd
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Another weird detail from CofP that always bothers me --
what becomes of the young, unnamed girl in the first scene ?
This isnt Patricia or Trish, the older girl who is a part of all the other scenes. There is a young girl (I think she is helping the mother with the laundry) in the first scene, who goes unnamed. She isnt in any of the rest of the scenes....
Where did she go ? Just a neighbor girl who likes to do laundry ? :confused:

I always put her down to forced servitude. By the time the second scene arrives, she has worked off her debt.

:funny:

Laughin' place
04-28-2009, 01:26 PM
LOL, thanks for the perfect answer

Imagineer1981
04-28-2009, 05:32 PM
I would say yes the glass is sealed. Most likely its an oil base that would not evaporate