PDA

View Full Version : WCC or 1900 PF?

hlkeck
04-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Okay, I have 1 night and 1 dinner ressie I can make in October. My kids will be 5 (boy) and 7 (girl) and they only want to go back to Chef Mickey's but we have been there twice.

Please help me decide which would be better for them between Whispering Canyon or 1900 Park Fare? They generally like character meals, but do fine at non-character meals as long as there is something to keep them occupied - they both love O'Hana's and Biergarten.

They will only eat the kid choices for the meal either way - so I need to mostly base it on atmosphere and food for hubby and I.

Thanks for any opinions you have. We will be heading over to MNSSHP right after dinner - and I don't want to get there too late! We're down to these 2 to choose from I think!

sassafras
04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, Whispering Canyon Cafe will definitely keep them occupied! Between dancing the Hokey Pokey and having stick pony races, (among other things), I think they would love it! The food is good, and oh, be sure and ask for some ketchup!:funny::silly::haha:

faline
04-23-2009, 07:37 PM
I think either would be a nice choice. The stepsisters at 1900 Park Faire are particularly entertaining!

KatMark
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Never done 1900 PF, but I would recommend anything over WCC--worse meal we've had in years at Disney (won't be going back).

DANAM
04-24-2009, 12:16 PM
We have done both and love both. Honestly since your going to the party I would book whichever one will give you the earliest ADR. We did MVMHP and went in at 7pm and I felt like we were rushed to get stuff done. We went to the P&P party at 5:30 ish and had no problems seeing everything. We where able to get some autograph's and the picture opts done before the actual party started at 7pm. The gates for party guests open at 4pm. Have a great time.

By the way, if your kids are into autograph's make sure to do the loop in the back of Toon Town. It will lead you to tomorrowland. There are tons of character's back there.

Mickey91
04-25-2009, 07:10 PM
1900 Park Fair is awesome!! The step sisters are hilarious!!

dmosher
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
DW and I have not tried 1900 Park Fare, but the more we hear about it, the more interested I become. We may have to add this to our list for this year.

Whisper Canyons on the other hand (assuming like most places you get a good server) can be sooo much fun!
pipes:
D

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-27-2009, 12:39 PM
I would go with Park Fare for 2 reasons:

1. It's a buffet, so you can probably get in and out a little quicker

2. Enjoy the character meals while your kids are still young enough to really live the magic. You can always do Whispering Canyon if/when your daughter decides she is "over the princess thing."

MickeyandTink
04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
We've done both with our DD (then 6, almost 7) and DS (then 2, almost 3).

1900 Park Faire had better food and great character interaction, but the restaurant atmosphere was pretty dull.

Whispering Canyon had ok food, but is much better atmosphere and more fun servers. Our server dragged us over to a couple of other tables with complete strangers for a big "family photo".

Bottom line, if you really want an opportunity to see Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the step-sisters (who are really funny, BTW) or don't care for ribs, beans and other "western" food (which are WCC staples), then go to 1900 PF. If you prefer the "Prime Time" or "O'hana" type of atmosphere, go to WCC.

deedeebee
04-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Whispering canyon cafe is the best for keeping the kids occupied and it has very good food. It is a tradition that we go there.

wdwfansince75
04-28-2009, 08:35 AM
We have always enjoyed 1900 PF. DGK's have always found something they would eat, adult part of buffet always have great selections, and desserts are outstanding!

Transportation from either is convenient, but the monorail is the quickest....and one stop away from the MK.