PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July fireworks

deedeebee
04-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I was just wondering if anybody on here has ever been to Disney during the 4th of July. We are staying at the Poly and we are planning on viewing the fireworks from the beach or is being in the MK better?

DizneyRox
04-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I would say that being in the park is better, but there was some fireworks over the lagoon in years past. It's tough to see those from inside the parks. I would say the GF is probably the better location outside the park.

MK will be a zoo on the 4th, you couldn't get me anywhere near MK that day. It's tough enough normal days never mind a major holiday.

vicster
04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
We made the mistake of going to MK on the 4th of July because I HAD to be there. They had to close the gates because it was too full. Then it started raining w/lightening. It was a nightmare - never again.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-23-2009, 09:27 PM
We went on the 4th a few years ago and it was a nightmare! It was early entry and we went on everything in the first 2 hours. Then we just wandered around enjoying the park. It was while waiting for the fireworks that the crowds got out of control, pushing and shoving. And it was even worse when leaving the park!! My nephew got punched in the face by a woman who was in a rush to get past us. She broke my sunglasses when she shoved me into the fence. I could go on and on.
My advise would be to watch from the Poly. You may not get all of them but you'll have some breathing room.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
04-24-2009, 02:23 AM
:mickey: We have done the 4th at DW several times. We all agree we will never go to MK again on the 4th, the crowds are huge and out of control. The beach at Poly is close enough for us.
Epcot has an additional fireworks display to celebrate the 4th following the regular show. It is good and the crowd at Epcot, while large, seems to remain civil.

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 06:29 AM
I'll echo what the others have said. We were there last year for 2 weeks with the 4th falling in the middle. We were there for a convention and the last day of it was on the 4th inside DHS at one of the back theaters. The crowds were shoulder to shoulder, no kidding. We had planned to watch the fireworks that night from the POLY beach but never made it. We were staying at POP and left there an hour and a half before the fireworks were to start. We arrived at the POLY well after the fireworks had ended and decided to just turn around and go back to POP. It took another 2 hours to get back. So in total it took almost 4 hours to go from POP to POLY and back. Needless to say my hubby was not impressed with my brilliant plan.