PDA

View Full Version : How often would you...

Soph and Han's Mom
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
...check your selected restaurant if the date you are trying to book is full? It's a family tradition to eat at Chef Mickey's our first night in and the night I'm trying to book is full:(. Do you think I'd be better off checking closer to the date I'm trying to get, or should I continue to check daily? It's kind of a drag having to make that phone call every day, but it IS our family tradition meal! Ugh! Would have reserved 90 days out, but this is more of a last minute (if you call 6 weeks out last minute!) trip. Thanks!

tys_mommy
04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
If it's important then I'd call daily. Why not make special alternative plans in the meantime – something that excites your family - and hopefully things will work out for the best.

sassafras
04-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Check daily and if that doesn't work, check as soon as you check into your resort. We did that last year when we stayed at the AK villas, and were quite surprised to be able to get a reservation!

Soph and Han's Mom
04-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I think you're both right, so I'll keep at the phone! I'll likely know my confirmation number by heart in 3 more days, so I've got THAT going for me...:funny::funny:

dancin Disney style
04-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Yep...call daily. We booked a last minute trip 2 years ago and over the course of about 18 days I managed to get every ADR that I wanted including Chef Mickeys and WCC. I called daily and sometimes twice a day.

If you don' t get it before hand, if you go at an off time you could probably get a walk in. I would suggest around 4pm or later after 8pm.

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 08:11 AM
...check your selected restaurant if the date you are trying to book is full? It's a family tradition to eat at Chef Mickey's our first night in and the night I'm trying to book is full:(. Do you think I'd be better off checking closer to the date I'm trying to get, or should I continue to check daily? It's kind of a drag having to make that phone call every day, but it IS our family tradition meal! Ugh! Would have reserved 90 days out, but this is more of a last minute (if you call 6 weeks out last minute!) trip. Thanks!

Call everyday. If that fails, go to your concierge and have them make the ressie.

Mickey91
04-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Everyday...very early...7am:mickey:

LoriSan
04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
I've called twice a day at various times to get a certain ADR. And I've always eventually been successful.

DANAM
04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I've called twice a day at various times to get a certain ADR. And I've always eventually been successful.

Me too!!! I normally try around 10 am and again after 5pm or for me to and from work.