PDA

View Full Version : Help me Impress the Family!

Mr_Increddieble
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
I know about the Dole Whips.
And I like the Chicken Parmesan sandwich at Pizzafari, for example.

But I need more Counter Service or snack stand secret gems to plan around.

We'll be visiting all 4 Parks and Typhoon Lagoon May 9th-16th.

Help me be the best DD I can be.
Thanks
Oh, and I won't tell anyone else. It'll just be our little secret.

KylesMom
04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
We enjoy the fare at Columbia Harbour House in MK - they've got some good chicken, fish and salad entrees for the adults, and a kids menu which includes mac&cheese and such. The upper level is usually quiet - it's a nice place to eat and take a break. :mickey:

Friend of Figment
04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Cosmic Ray's has yummy rotisserie chicken and ribs (as well as hamburgers etc.). You can also enjoy the show.

The Counter service in the Land at Epcot is great. Everything is very fresh and not at all "fast foody".

98'cpTyphoonGuard
04-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I would suggest while in Epcot stopping by Boulangerie Patisserie in France for a snack or dessert. No matter what you have, it will be delicious! Your family will surely be impressed with you :mickey:

Cinderelley
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
School bread in Norway! Chocolate Mousse in France! A Burger at Pecos Bill's!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I'm starving now.

caryrae
04-23-2009, 11:07 AM
I would suggest while in Epcot stopping by Boulangerie Patisserie in France for a snack or dessert. No matter what you have, it will be delicious! Your family will surely be impressed with you :mickey:

We love this place too, very good desserts.

tink179
04-23-2009, 11:11 AM
I definitely agree with Columbia Harbor House. My DH and I always get the tuna sandwiches from there. OMG!!! YUM!:cloud9: Also, Cosmic Rays is tasty too. I haven't been to Sunshine Seasons at Epcot at the land for lunch or dinner. We've only had the breakfast and that was super good. We plan to go in September for lunch. Everything looks so good!

marylynne95
04-23-2009, 11:16 AM
:ditto: to everything everyone said already! :mickey:

wishiniwasthere
04-23-2009, 11:39 AM
The cinnamon rolls at the bakery on Main Street are very yummy! They are also enormous. Fun to share.

sassafras
04-23-2009, 11:45 AM
If you like Chinese, the Lotus Blossom at Epcot has pretty good food. Harbor House at Magic Kingdom is very good, as is the Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney.

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-23-2009, 11:46 AM
At Animal Kingdom-
Flame Tree BBQ has great food, but to me the "gem" is the seating area. Walk down a little trail to a group of tables by the water. It's a beautiful spot to sit and totally forget that you're inside a Theme Park.

At Magic Kingdom-
Cosmic Ray's rotisserie chicken and rib plate. It's huge and a great deal if you're using the dining plan. 1 CS credit and it is a ton of food to share with the kiddos.

brownie
04-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Backlot Express at Disney Studios. There are a variety of interesting dining areas to sit in.

VWL Mom
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Funnel cake with Strawberries & Cream from Sleepy Hollow. Yum!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Animal Kingdom's best Counter service is Flame tree BBQ-they have great ribs

Hollywood Studios-A hidden CS gem here is Starring Rolls-they have gourmet deli sandwiches and your desert is fresh baked gourmet desserts

Downtown Disney-Wolfgang Puck Express' pizza is really good, so is the creme brulee

Magic Kingdom-We like Peco's Bills for burgers with a fixins bar

Epcot-Fish N Chips at the UK CS and pastries at France/Churros at Mexico

georger
04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Another great place to eat is Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney!
One of our favorite snacks is McDoanld's french fries from the stand in Frontier Land at MK....call me crazy but everyone loved those on our last trip!!!

beksy
04-23-2009, 11:21 PM
My favorite at Epcot outside of WS is Sunshine Seasons. It has a great selection and the desserts were good too!

In MK, we like Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bills. We've also been known to make a meal out of something from the Main Street Bakery but that's our little secret! :secret:

hughdoc
04-24-2009, 02:13 AM
Casey's in the MK for a Hot Dog.
DW and I like to grab a dog and people watch.

Hull-onian
04-24-2009, 05:58 AM
We like The Electric Umbrella in EPCOT. They have excellent cheeseburgers.:thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
04-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Columbia Harbor House is our Top Spot for counter-service! They have the best tuna sandwiches I've ever had!! Everything else on the menu is great too, but thats what we always get is the tuna.

We also love Electric Umbrella at Epcot, Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland, and Pecos Bills Cafe in Frontierland. YUMMY!!!

DANAM
04-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Our hidden gem of Disney is Wolf Gang Puck Express in DTD. The food is the best CS in the world (Disney World that is).

And I agree with the above post that the Flame Tree's food is great but the area is wonderful.

irish1967
04-24-2009, 06:53 PM

I haven't read the entire thread but :ditto:

LVT
04-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Sundays on Tom Sawyer Island.

SBETigg
04-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Epcot: World Showcase, anywhere, so fun to sample around the world. Worthy of note: Tangierine Cafe's shwarma platters (Morocco), plus it's always cool inside with plenty of seating. Also, in Japan, the Yakitori House is set back off the beaten path, so pretty on the outside, and has really good food.

Columbia Harbour House is the place to go in MK. Flametree BBQ in the AK (but Yak and Yeti has some great snack food, too). As a rule, we don't eat at DHS if we can avoid it (but Starring Rolls isn't too bad).

caryrae
04-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Sundays on Tom Sawyer Island.

Now by Sundays, do you mean like an ice cream sundae's or go to Tom Sawyer Island on a Sunday? lol j/k

mickeysmouse
04-26-2009, 02:42 AM
We enjoy the fare at Columbia Harbour House in MK - they've got some good chicken, fish and salad entrees for the adults, and a kids menu which includes mac&cheese and such. The upper level is usually quiet - it's a nice place to eat and take a break. :mickey:

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Meteora
04-26-2009, 11:13 AM
I agree about Wolfgang Puck Express--and the Earl of Sandwich is terrific also.

In the parks, my favorite in Epcot is the CS in Morocco, Tangerine Cafe, but the land CS is also great.

In MK we like Pecos Bills--love their chicken wrap, and my sister adores the taco salad.

In DHS we tend to just get snacky items, like frozen lemonades and pretzels. There aren't any CS meals we love.

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
The Land in EPCOT has the Sunshine Season food choices. There are so many choices that it does not feel like fast food. We love the food here. There are so many great choices at each of the countries that you may want to have bites here and there too. We like Cosmic Rays at the MK also many great choices and if they decide to get just a cheeseburger there is the toppings bar along with the same thing at Peco Bills in Frontierland. You can look at the menus on this site and this can help also.

tjstrike
04-27-2009, 01:37 AM
#1 CS anywhere - Wolf gang puck - DTD

MK - Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bill's

AK - Flame Tree

HS - ABC commisary

Epcot - The Land CS and the Norway Bakery.

:thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Cosmic Rays - MK -The half chicken platter is by far the best deal. Plus you get to see Sunny Eclipse!!

Ice Station Cool - EPCOT - you have to show them all the different sodas.

garthbarth1
04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
The Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches at the Main Street Bakery!! Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with creamy vanilla ice cream in between...plus, they count as a snack credit and are enough to share! I want one right now lol!!

Tigger&Stitch
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
The cinnamon rolls at the bakery on Main Street are very yummy! They are also enormous. Fun to share.

Cinnamon rolls, you say?! How have I missed them all these trips! Definitely going down in the book for next time..

As for us, the couple out-of-the-way(ish) places we really like that haven't been mentioned:

MK: Sleepy Hollow (choc chip cookies - yum!)
DHS: The Writer's Stop - it's masked as a store, but has lots of yummy pastries and drinks with comfy chairs!

grumpypima
04-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Cinnamon rolls, you say?! How have I missed them all these trips!

Our thoughts EXACTLY as we enjoyed the Main Street Bakery last trip. The breakfast croissants & cinnamon rolls were fantastic. It is MUST DO for all future trips!