PDA

View Full Version : Awful Cold

Hull-onian
04-23-2009, 05:16 AM
Well, it's nine days before I fly, and got a really bad cold.:ill: I don't believe it. I am trying to work, take care of house hold chores, get ready to pack. I hope that this goes away quickly. Had to vent.:(

Dragongirlx
04-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Bad luck - I hope you feel better before you go.
There is nothing worse than catching a cold when on holiday. Here is some pixie dust to help you feel better:pixie:

RedSoxFan
04-23-2009, 07:34 AM
I hope you are feeling better soon.

gauvin4
04-23-2009, 07:52 AM
:pixie: Here is some :pixie: dust to get you feeling better soon!! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

deedeenmickey
04-23-2009, 08:29 AM
I hope you feel better soon. Atleast, if you had to catch a cold this spring, you did it in time to get better before your vacation.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Advnt05
04-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Try the zinc nasal gel products. If it's the common cold virus (rhinovirus), the zinc gels in the nose have been shown to work.

marylynne95
04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Hope you feel better soon!! :pixie:

BrerGnat
04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Try the zinc nasal gel products. If it's the common cold virus (rhinovirus), the zinc gels in the nose have been shown to work.

I second this suggestion! I am SUCH a skeptic, but I bought some of these in desperation to get rid of a cold, and they TOTALLY worked! I have used them on TWO colds now, and they worked on both...within 2 days my cold was GONE. It usually takes me at least a week to get over a cold.

I use the Zicam nasal swabs. If you get them at Target (or even Costco), they are a good deal. You HAVE to use them as directed, every 4 hours.

Magic, I tell ya...

Tink2002
04-23-2009, 08:47 PM
It really stinks when you get sick at the worst possible times.... it always works that way for me with school, heaven forbid it's a week with a low workload.... I usually get slammed with something yucky when I have exams up the wazoo.

Rest and vitamin C! :mickey: And on the bright side, at least if you had to get something it's before and not during your trip!

faline
04-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Most colds last 3-5 days. I'll bet you'll be fine!

Hull-onian
04-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Most colds last 3-5 days. I'll bet you'll be fine!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am going to rest this weekend. I will look for the Zicam and try it. At the same time, get the fridge cleaned out.LOL.

tjstrike
04-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Call your Dr. and ask him/her for a z-pack. They'll know what you're talking about and they work great !!

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Call your Dr. and ask him/her for a z-pack. They'll know what you're talking about and they work great !!

I am going to the doctors this week. I will ask about the z-pack. In the meantime, I have been taking Mucinex and the Zicam. I rested all weekend, now I am getting ready to pack. So now I have something fun to look forward to.:cloud9:

hokies4life
04-30-2009, 09:06 PM
I hope you're all better before you go. Be careful on your flight because I think thats how I got sick at the beginning of April, and I spent most of the time down there taking dayquil/nyquil + vit C. So hopefully you will be better before you go and not have to deal with that.

Hull-onian
05-01-2009, 03:15 PM

I did ask for a z-pack and got it. I am on day two of the meds. I also got the Zicam as well. And I am drinking lots of tea with honey. Two days left. Thanks everyone.:thumbsup: