PDA

View Full Version : what is ONE thing... (ok maybe 2 or 3 things)

morebroccoli
04-22-2009, 09:10 PM
There are many things i wish they would make available to the general public as souvenirs at the parks. For instance, i wish they would sell a cd of the music you hear in the queue of Tower of Terror. You know, that creepy music from the 30's that has the reverb on it. It is so haunting and beautiful. i just love it!
I also wish so badly they would have Kuzko and Kronk available to meet as characters in the park (from emperor's new groove)! I would just be beside myself if i ever saw them and got to take a picture with them!!
Also way back in the late 70's/early 80's i think, they used to have those pennants like you could get at ball games but they said " magic kingdom" or "disney world" on them. very cool, very retro! i wish they'd bring those back.

Is there anything from any of the parks you wish they would either make or just make available to buy? a shirt you wish they would print, a character they would make more available to meet in the parks, a tiny version of a ride vehicle or soundtrack to a certain ride? wish they would bring something back from years ago? what would be the coolest souvenir EVER that doesnt exsist?

DisneyPrincess21
04-22-2009, 09:35 PM
There are many things i wish they would make available to the general public as souvenirs at the parks. For instance, i wish they would sell a cd of the music you hear in the queue of Tower of Terror. You know, that creepy music from the 30's that has the reverb on it. It is so haunting and beautiful. i just love it!
I also wish so badly they would have Kuzko and Kronk available to meet as characters in the park (from emperor's new groove)! I would just be beside myself if i ever saw them and got to take a picture with them!!
Also way back in the late 70's/early 80's i think, they used to have those pennants like you could get at ball games but they said " magic kingdom" or "disney world" on them. very cool, very retro! i wish they'd bring those back.

Is there anything from any of the parks you wish they would either make or just make available to buy? a shirt you wish they would print, a character they would make more available to meet in the parks, a tiny version of a ride vehicle or soundtrack to a certain ride? wish they would bring something back from years ago? what would be the coolest souvenir EVER that doesnt exsist?

One character I will they had to meet and greet would be Gisele from Enchanted. I love that movie! And I would love some sort of stage show about enchanted (like beauty and the beast show). I wish they would bring back the submarine ride. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure i'll get back to you with more

sisterdisco
04-22-2009, 09:53 PM
two things I wish they would bring back:
1) frozen orange juice and vanilla ice cream swirls
2) those little vinyl Minnie Mouse change purses w/ the squeaker in the ears!

DisneyPrincess21
04-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I remember something they had when I was a kid. The Minnie mouse ears/hat that was minnie's face. I wanted one but my parents didn't think it would hold up as well as just the regular mickey ears, because she had eyelashes and stuff, they figured it would get ruined alot sooner. :(
I wish I was able to buy one. :(

garthbarth1
04-22-2009, 10:11 PM
More Haunted Mansion Merchandise! For such an awesome, classic ride, the little cart at the end is just so disappointing! This is one time where I actually WISH you would get dropped off into a gift shop on your way out!

ASweetLov
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
More Chip n Dale merchandise! I just love them!

morebroccoli
04-23-2009, 05:53 AM
More Haunted Mansion Merchandise! For such an awesome, classic ride, the little cart at the end is just so disappointing! This is one time where I actually WISH you would get dropped off into a gift shop on your way out!

i agree 100%!! i am really tired of them only having 'nightmare before christmas' stuff out! i want REAL Mansion merch out! i about freaked out in Feb 08 when i saw that GIANT silver Mansion KEY keyring. it was something i hadnt seen for once.

morebroccoli
04-23-2009, 05:54 AM
More Chip n Dale merchandise! I just love them!

You should go to Tokyo Disneyland. apparently Chip and Dale are everywhere! they are bigger than Mickey Mouse there!

morebroccoli
04-23-2009, 05:56 AM
I wish they would bring back:
1) frozen orange juice

ohhh no that was one of my favorite snacks! i remember getting those over near the carpet ride in adventure land. why do they take away the good stuff!?

Jeniflower
04-23-2009, 07:47 AM
Proper furry tigger ears for adults, we got them 5 years ago but haven't seen, them since
Winnie the Pooh etc as Indiana Jones, got tigger want eyeore.

valuable lesson, if you see it buy it as it may not be there next time

ryca1dreams
04-23-2009, 08:04 AM
-DVDs of ride-throughs and stories of extinct attractions.
-CDs of current background park and resort music.
-More pirate stuff - there's not enough of that.:D

cinderella crazy
04-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Definately more CDs with the background music on it. Also, I wish they would bring back the resort mugs. More places to buy coffee would by nice. I wonder if they would ever consider putting in a Starbucks...;)

Dragongirlx
04-23-2009, 09:48 AM
I'd really like a bellhop Stitch like they used to sell in the tower of terror (they didn't have them last year) and Princess dresses for grown ups

DawsonAR
04-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I would be riding the TTA. I so wish it wasn't going to be down on our next trip.

TheVBs
04-23-2009, 11:09 AM
The Four Parks One World CD has the TOT music on it. And, we actually bought the retro Minnie face hat the last time we were there. The nose squeeks. They were on clearance. I think they had Daisy Duck too.

I wish they would sell figurines of Tinker Bell like the ones sold in the dime stores in the 50's. Bisque finish with netting material wings. I love those! I also wish they'd re-do the Hagen Renaker miniature figurines that were sold probably around the same time. I'd love all of the characters done like that, but especially Tink and the mermaids from Peter Pan!

kurt
04-23-2009, 11:16 AM
my one complaint is that disney has all these great movies but they limit their availibility. they should sell all of their movies all of the time through a store in MK or the studios.

wishiniwasthere
04-23-2009, 11:18 AM
My daughter has the Minnie Face. She is 14 now, and I guess we bought that when she was about 4, so that thing is older than I thought. I guess she has taken good care of it. :)

What I would love to see sold at Disney World, is miniature dolls like those in It's A Small World. Every year, on our way out of the ride, I think I tell my kids how I would LOVE to collect some of those dolls.

mickey&missy
04-23-2009, 11:24 AM
I also wish they had more Haunted Mansion stuff! That cart is a total let down! Especially give the amount of drop shops!

I wish they had the retro 80's Ecpot Center tees and sweatshirts with Mickey's face and the flags in a circle around him.

I also wish they had IASW merchandise! I know, I know BUT, my DD and my Mom (who hasn't been to WDW in 25 years) both love IASW and I love to be able to get a figurine or something!

I have to say during our trips in January and then in March i noticed a lot more cute stuff! Very cute retro tees with Mr Toad's Wild ride etc! I really regret not getting on but I couldn't decide which one I wanted!

Mrs Bus Driver
04-23-2009, 11:32 AM
i agree 100%!! i am really tired of them only having 'nightmare before christmas' stuff out! i want REAL Mansion merch out! i about freaked out in Feb 08 when i saw that GIANT silver Mansion KEY keyring. it was something i hadnt seen for once.

Me too! I would love more pins without Nightmare before Christmas. It was neat at DL for a few years but now they need to give it a rest. Bring it back when we haven't seen it for a while.

BMan62
04-23-2009, 11:51 AM
I want a black tee with glow in the dark "Grim Grinning Ghosts" busts as they appear on the ride and on the front "Grim Grinning Ghosts..." and on the back "...Have Come To Socialize!"

Mousemates
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
I wish they had a wider variety of resort Christmas ornaments and that you didn't have to visit the actual resorts to find them. Would also like to find a mainstreet barbershop pin. And finally a better selection of classic disney character baseball/golf caps featuring donald duck.

morebroccoli
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
The Four Parks One World CD has the TOT music on it.

you are kidding! i have called and asked and looked everywhere, never any luck. cast members at the park just look at me like im crazy for wanting such weird old music without lyrics. thank you for this info!

beksy
04-23-2009, 10:47 PM
That Minnie hat was my very first set of "ears"! I never did get that invisible dog I wanted though. Now I would agree that they need more Chip and Dale stuff and I would love to have a picture of BTMRR like some of the other rides do. It's my sister's favorite ride and one of mine so that would be a great souvenier. Actually anything BTMRR would be good.

monkeycity
04-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Since we're wishful thinking here, I would like to have a professionally done DVD of all the shows and rides (in their entirety) at the MK. Something that gets some good shots of things like CBJ or CoP. Since we don't get to visit as much as we'd like, it'd be awesome to have something that's really clear and well-made with good sound rather than our alternative.

TheVBs
04-24-2009, 08:51 PM
you are kidding! i have called and asked and looked everywhere, never any luck. cast members at the park just look at me like im crazy for wanting such weird old music without lyrics. thank you for this info!

No problem! I was jonesing for Disney last summer and bought the CD off eBay. It was new and still sealed, and decently priced, so I went for it.

PETE FROM NYC
04-25-2009, 11:35 AM

They used to have Ichabod's Landing souvenier shop right outside HM.DW and I bought many interesting HM type items there.One item in particicular that she has since lost was a pair of skull earings with glow sticks inside.

Pop Centurion
04-25-2009, 12:17 PM
I want a black tee with glow in the dark "Grim Grinning Ghosts" busts as they appear on the ride and on the front "Grim Grinning Ghosts..." and on the back "...Have Come To Socialize!"Good idea. I'd buy one for sure.

I'd like if they offered Blu-Ray discs with Wishes, Illuminations, & all parades with the music for each directly on the disc rather than picked up through the park speakers. It would be great to watch them anytime I want in Hi Def :thumbsup:
Sure I could buy an HD camcorder but it still wouldn't be pro quality like Disney could produce and also have the music as I mentioned above.
I know this would never happen but there's nothing wrong with wishing.

peemagg
04-25-2009, 05:15 PM
I just wish they would sell clothes in the parks in larger sizes.

I mean common Disney, not everyone is a size 4!

i'm grumpy
04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
I agree on the HM merchandise. I love anything that shows characters on the attractions. They used to have these cute little figurines. Pooh and Tig on Splash, Goofy and Mickey on TOT, etc.

PETE FROM NYC
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
I just wish they would sell clothes in the parks in larger sizes.

I mean common Disney, not everyone is a size 4!

Last trip in 2007,DW was able to find tees in 5X in the DTD Marketplace.
Ask a CM at the gift shops to direct you.I think the resorts sometimes have larger sizes too.

twink61
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
I remember something they had when I was a kid. The Minnie mouse ears/hat that was minnie's face. I wanted one but my parents didn't think it would hold up as well as just the regular mickey ears, because she had eyelashes and stuff, they figured it would get ruined alot sooner. :(
I wish I was able to buy one. :(

I know which one you mean. My DD15 got her's when she was 4, and guess what she is wearing it right now as I am typing. So it has held up pretty well, eyelashes and all. If I can figure it out I will post the pic.

SandmanGStefani24
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
how bout this? video/dvd versions of rides and maybe some background or behind the scenes stuff as extras! those would sell like crazy.

another one i would like would be retro shirts or other items. shirts with the epcot logo from 1982, 70's MK items...they would be awesome.

Mickey91
04-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I wish they would bring back the old embroidery machines for the Mickey Ears.

I wish Liberty Tree Tavern would put dates back on their mugs.

Adult character costumes!!! WDW needs to have an adult character costume shop. With all the parties they have now, adults want to dress like the characters too!!!:mickey:

Daddy Mouse
04-27-2009, 09:53 AM
DW would like more crystal Christmas ornaments of the characters, rides, resorts, etc... Our Christmas tree has nothing but clear lights and crystal ornaments. We have som unique ones but are always looking to add to our collection.

DANAM
04-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Marie Osmond Dolls. My Mom brought one back from her trip a couple years ago and when we went on our first trip I really wanted to get another one for my daughter but the discontinued selling them.

elmjimmlm
04-28-2009, 08:47 AM
I would love to have a version of Mickeys Philharmagic on DVD...I love this and could sit in there all day and watch it over and over...I have watched it on YouTube but its not the same...

TikiLounger
04-28-2009, 09:06 AM

I SO agree with you both! I had to buy one of those key rings! More Haunted Mansion merch! Please!

I wish they sold mini versions of the Tiki statues in Adventureland...and better tiki mugs, too.

TikiLounger
04-28-2009, 09:09 AM
They used to have Ichabod's Landing souvenier shop right outside HM.DW and I bought many interesting HM type items there.One item in particicular that she has since lost was a pair of skull earings with glow sticks inside.

I wish it was still there. My husband visited Disney with his family in the 70's. He bought a really amazing Halloween mask, a grave digger (I think). We still use it every year. It's very realistic and frightening. Extremely high quality...

Venus0880
04-28-2009, 11:13 AM
I want to be able to buy bottles/room spray/candles of the orange scent from the now extinct Horizons (and I hear Soarin'). I absolutely love it and I hate that I cannot smell it every day in my house just to take me back once in a while. New Bath & Body Works scent, anyone? :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
04-28-2009, 05:34 PM
I also wish they had more Haunted Mansion stuff! That cart is a total let down! Especially give the amount of drop shops!

I wish they had the retro 80's Ecpot Center tees and sweatshirts with Mickey's face and the flags in a circle around him.

I also wish they had IASW merchandise! I know, I know BUT, my DD and my Mom (who hasn't been to WDW in 25 years) both love IASW and I love to be able to get a figurine or something!

I have to say during our trips in January and then in March i noticed a lot more cute stuff! Very cute retro tees with Mr Toad's Wild ride etc! I really regret not getting on but I couldn't decide which one I wanted!

I agree, and nice avatar. I also wish there was even more Figment merchandise, and maybe a Figment movie!!!!

peemagg
04-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I also wish that there was a way to buy Beverly. Yes, I am being serious. I want some to give to people at home. I love that face that people make when they first try it. HEHEHEHE :laughing::funny:

GBBT
04-28-2009, 09:29 PM
My DW would love more Maleficent and Evil Queen merch. in BIG sizes.I would be in alot of trouble if they had that.:ill:

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 07:11 PM
I have always wanted a CD of the ORIGINAL Illuminations music

Minnie97
04-29-2009, 07:54 PM
My mom told me there used to be a place called image works and out of what I saw in a picture it looked really cool so I wish they would open that agian.:mickey:

GoBlueLacheta
05-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I'd really like a bellhop Stitch like they used to sell in the tower of terror (they didn't have them last year) and Princess dresses for grown ups

Yeah we could tell they wanted to get rid of those Stich bellhop's because they were 1.55 a piece or something crazy we bought like 8.

candleshoe
05-03-2009, 11:04 PM
1) I agree with more Figment merchandise. We were lucky enough to get a hand puppet a few years ago and haven't seen it since. Also lucky to get our picture with Figment as they don't seem to have him as a meet and greet anymore. Heck, just bring back the old ride!A movie WOULD be cool.

2) If you like the music from the park, you must check out "live 365" an internet radio station. They have a station called "MouseWorld" which has EVERYTHING. I just heard the whole "world of motion" ride and the original Illuminations in the past 24 hours.

3) You can find a lot of the old rides posted on YouTube.

4) I'd like to see a Phineus and Ferb (and Perry) meet and greet!

ransam
05-04-2009, 01:26 AM
i would love to have the make song of the south dvd available.

Kisobel
05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
more villian merchandise. not nightmare before christmas c@@p.

kate