PDA

View Full Version : "Sweet Tomatoes" Opening near WDW

Ed
04-22-2009, 05:49 PM
One of my favorite restaurants is opening a new location in the Crossroads Shopping Center (535 and Hotel Plaza Blvd) on Monday.

Sweet Tomatoes (http://www.souplantation.com/) has had another location in the area for several years, but it is located much closer to Universal than WDW. The new restaurant features a 55-foot salad bar full of fresh, seasonal vegetables and tossed salads, made-from-scratch soups and hand-crafted muffins, focaccia, breads and desserts.

If you're in the area, they are having a pre-opening special on Friday, April 24, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 25, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - - $5 for all-you-can-eat. Sweet Tomatoes will donate 100 percent of the proceeds to Give Kids The World, a non-profit resort in Central Florida that creates magical memories for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families

DW and I are frequent diners at the older location, and are looking forward to becoming regulars at the new one.

:tasty:

sleepingbooty
04-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I love Sweet Tomatoes! We discovered it last fall on vacation in California. We asked our hosts to take us somewhere that they and their kids like, so they took us to "Soup Plantation." Then I found out later that it is the same restaurant as Sweet Tomatoes, just under at different name. We have a couple Sweet Tomatoes restaurants in out city, but we'd never been. Now its one of our favorites!:thumbsup:

Ed
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
...so they took us to "Soup Plantation." Then I found out later that it is the same restaurant as Sweet Tomatoes, just under at different name.

Yep, same place, different names depending on where you are.

But regardless of which name is over the door - - same delicious food.

mudpuppysmom
04-22-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm just glad we don't have to "drive all the way out past Universal" now......