PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world is.....

KatrinaJ91
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I know I have seen this before, but I just love reading about all the places people love to be! SO, if you could blink your eyes and be anywhere in WDW, where would you be and what would you be doing?

I would be walking into the Magic Kingdom and taking in all the sights and sounds of Main Street. It always brings a tear because it means that we are officially there!! :mickey:

gauvin4
04-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I would be walking into the Magic Kingdom and taking in all the sights and sounds of Main Street. It always brings a tear because it means that we are officially there!! :mickey:

That is what I would have said too! There is nothing like Main Street U.S.A. and looking at the Castle. :thumbsup:

PixieMagic
04-22-2009, 01:03 PM
I would have been just checked in at the Poly with that gorgeous waterfall in the lobby, and walking out the glass doors of the ceremonial house....ahhh...the smell of the air - the lush setting, the creek and volcano....the beach, lagoon...and then...there it is in the distance....the castle...then I turn around to head to our longhouse as a monorail goes by....:cloud9:

BluewaterBrad
04-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Anywhere in EPCOT!:mickey:

disneyworld55925592
04-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I would be eating a crepe from france in epcot!

like2workout
04-22-2009, 04:20 PM
i would be at tonys restaurant eating outside on the patio at magic kingdom. i really do wish i was there!

forever a child
04-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I would be watching Fantasmic with my DD and then running through the crowds afterwords racing my DD back to the bus:mickey:

Briansmom
04-22-2009, 04:22 PM
You guys are making me smile. Thank you. Our trip is in 19 days and I have been so busy (and sick) that I haven't been able to get excited about it (or start packing, which is weird :confused:). Thank you for helping me get excited.

Even tho this is only our second trip with our special special DS10, wherever we are when he recognizes that we are finally at "Ditty Our World"....that, my friends....will be my favorite place! :cloud9:

Thanks again for the kick in the tail I needed! :joy:

mickkey
04-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Going for an 8 am breakfast at Crystal Palace...walking up a nearly empty Main St .....that's the best time of day at WDW :cloud9:.
Or on the Balcony at BCV watching Wishes :thumbsup:.
Or on the Bridge between France and England watching Illuminations :number1:.
Or......
You get the picture :mickey:.
Any where at WDW is great (except waiting for the ME to take you back to the airport :ack:

cinderella crazy
04-23-2009, 09:12 AM
The thought of standing on Main Street, the streets slightly wet, the smell of delicious treats coming from the bakery, the sun climbing in the sky, and staring at the castle is making me tear up right now. Thank goodness I only have to wait 22 more days to see it!

Dragongirlx
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
I am walking around the world showcase at Epcot thinking how wonderful it is to be there and drinking a peach snaps ice tea from the cart in China before making my way to Canada to watch off kilter :cloud9:

KatrinaJ91
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Everyone has such vivid descriptions, I feel like I am there! It just gets me more excited to go!! :thumbsup:

Charlee
04-23-2009, 02:04 PM
I would be walking around World Showcase Lagoon on an evening, slowly strolling passed the countries and enjoying being in Disney World... :cloud9:

DisneyHoneymooners
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Poolside at the AKL with a frozen drink :marg: in my hand and the drum beat of the African music playing in the background. Filling my senses with the familiar smell of all the vegetation that surrounds the lodge while the sun warms me. Eyes closed lying back in one of the pool chairs with my beautiful wife by my side. I can remember it all so clearly, even now here in 50 degree Michigan. :cloud9:

Pagan
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
The thought of standing on Main Street, the streets slightly wet, the smell of delicious treats coming from the bakery, the sun climbing in the sky, and staring at the castle is making me tear up right now. Thank goodness I only have to wait 22 more days to see it!
Took the words right out of my mouth!

I only have 23 more to wait! :D

atnextc
04-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I would be on the boat to MK crossing the 7 seas lagoon, with my beautiful wife and our 3 beautiful children.

For us only 20 Days to go!!!!

Pop Century/ Annual Passes/ Free Dining Here we come.

bellerose
04-23-2009, 08:59 PM
We usually go around Christmas time, so for me, it's walking though the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. I just love to see all the lights and to look for the hidden Mickey's. Watching the snow while the music plays....then watching the lights dance. It's just amazing!:cloud9:

beksy
04-23-2009, 10:40 PM
For me it would be in about two weeks after the exams are over and I am relaxing as I enjoy my first Dole Whip Float and getting ready to go on POTC.

minnesotafreeze
04-24-2009, 12:23 AM
For me it would be Adventure land in the evening.:mickey:

Jeniflower
04-24-2009, 07:57 AM
It's Lunch time now, so Animal Kingdom, eating onion rings and pulled pork role at the Flame Tree barbeque, still dripping wet from Kali River rapids

DNS
04-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Shopping at the Poly, looking for a picture frame to go with the pictures I just purchased at the Luau.

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
04-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Crossing the bridge into Adventureland, and hearing the drums in the background. That's my "I'm finally here" moment.

prttynpnk
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Crossing the bridge into Adventureland, and hearing the drums in the background. That's my "I'm finally here" moment.
Oh thats it! We're about to get FPs for our 1st jungle cruise of the trip and eat a dole whip while we watch kids play with Baloo......
sigh!

DawsonAR
04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
riding the TTA

DisneyorBust
04-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Well, it's 2:59 pm as I type this. If I could blink and be anywhere in WDW, we would have just entered the Great Ceremonial House at the Polynesian Resort. The staff says "Aloha" and welcomes us back for the start of another magicla vacation in WDW!:D

Mickey91
04-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I would be walking down Main Street USA anticipating my first of many days at WDW!!:mickey:

disneyboy98
04-25-2009, 02:17 AM
In the rental car driving under the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" sign. Once I get under that sign I know that the vacation has officially begun!

Daisy'sMom
04-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I would be having a margarita outside Mexico.:mickey:

Baloofan
04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Took the words right out of my mouth!

I only have 23 more to wait! :D

This description fits perfectly! It's always the best time at Disney!

26 more days

slegrant
04-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Since it's only 10:19 am my family & I would be at Trail's End in Fort Wilderness getting ready to eat Mickey Waffles.

Or

Epcot walking around World Showcase stopping in France for champagne for me and my beautiful wife then on to Japan for Khaki Gori snowcones for the kids.

Or

Being in the Magic Kingdom in the evening close to park closing knowing extra magic hours are about to start, then heading off to Jungle Cruise for an evening safari:mickey:

I could go on:mickey3:

KatrinaJ91
04-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone! It is so much fun to read everyone's story....makes me smile and long to be ANYWHERE in "the world"! :magic:

:minnie:

:wave:

:tink:

I just discovered all the fun smileys - can you tell? :blush:

Polynesian Dweller
04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
**BLINK**

Ah, we're sitting on our 3rd floor balcony having returned from the Poly concierge lounge with some of those scrumptious cakes and sweets and our drinks, and Wishes has just started.:cloud9:

I'm not blinking again. I'm staying there! :cloud9:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-28-2009, 03:38 AM
I would love to be at MK for evening EMH. There is nothing better than MK at night, when it's all dark and the lights are sparkling. The HM, BTMR, JC and PotC are all the more magical at night. :mickey:

dream6
04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
This is so much fun to read!

I would be in World Showcase at night crossing the bridge from the UK to France and you can see the lights of each country. Everyone is gathered around the edge of the water and all the torches are lit up while the announcer lets us know that in just five minutes Illuminations will begin! :cloud9:

Kerry823
04-29-2009, 08:31 AM
I am waiting for the door to open to enter Row 1 of Soarin'

OR

Walking in to the MK under the train station on my way to the Bakery for a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll and, on to the quiet seating area that is nestled in the little alcove/street just before you get to the Bakery. I am enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells!

I was just there for a couple of days last month...I need to go back! Unfortunately, have to wait until April 2010.

AdventurerKim
04-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I am eating lunch at Columbia Harbor House or Les Chefs de France or Mama Melrose's. I so wish I was there right now! :cloud9:

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Sitting on Main Street watching people as I eat Ice Cream

Minnie97
04-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I would be getting on the Disney Cruise Line.:mickey:

Minnie97
04-29-2009, 08:01 PM
I might be in the middle on the front row of soarin on the end.:mickey:

alliekat
04-29-2009, 10:27 PM
How wonderful it is to read all these moments. My 10 year old DD says she want to be on Everest at night, hearing the Yeti and not knowing where he is....:minnie:

My place would be in the area near the exit of Splash Mountain....it is close to the restrooms there are a few benches there...you can see and hear the train and see the people all excited about to go on Splash Mountain..it's the spot where everyone can't believe how wet they got on the ride and want's to know when we can do it again...

Mousemates
04-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Walking down Mainstreet, enjoying the glow of the lights, breathing in the smell of the candy store, and listening to the background music after a good first day in WDW.

brownie
04-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Strapped in on the Tower of Terror waiting to ascend up the elevator shaft.