PDA

View Full Version : cali grill/dining plan experts!

morebroccoli
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
looking over the menu of the california grill, its hard to know what is considered an entree for use on the dining plan. they have sushi listed as, well, sushi, flatbreads as flatbreads, then a separate 'first course' section (obviously appetizers??? and obviously not part of the dining plan options) and then 'entrees'.

I was really wanting their sushi. but if i can not get it with my dining plan credits, i will probably just go elsewhere. anyone know what is considered an entree there?

DisneyGlutton
04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Well obviously the main courses are your entrees; as for sushi, when I was there in May, two of the sushi dishes were considered entrees as well (Yoshi's Deluxe Sushi Platter and another one I can't remember).

DisneyGlutton
04-22-2009, 06:18 AM
I should add that you have my :thumbsup: approval to get sushi as an entree from CG as it's top quality. The restaurant itself is top quality too---the view of MK is great, but it becomes superb if you can dine during Wishes. If you're on the deluxe DDP, I would caution you against going sushi happy like my friend did, ie he ordered one of the less expensive sushi options as his appetizer and then Yoshi's Deluxe Sushi platter as his entree; while everything was great, it gave him sushi overload, lol.

morebroccoli
04-22-2009, 09:58 AM
that is good news! thank you, this is exactly what i wanted to hear. i hear their sushi is amazing and i cant wait to try it. thanks for the response

DANAM
04-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Great question I too wondered about this. I notice above that if you where on the Deluxe Dining Plan you can get one of the less expensive sushi rolls for apps. Did I read this correctly? I really wanted to try there sushi but not for an entree so this would be great!

DisneyGlutton
04-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Great question I too wondered about this. I notice above that if you where on the Deluxe Dining Plan you can get one of the less expensive sushi rolls for apps. Did I read this correctly? I really wanted to try there sushi but not for an entree so this would be great!

Yes, I believe that was what the waiter said.

disneynorth
04-23-2009, 11:14 AM
The last time my wife and I were there, I was able to order Sushi as my appetizer and my wife ordered a flatbread for her appetizer (we ended up sharing).

DANAM
04-24-2009, 12:23 PM
The last time my wife and I were there, I was able to order Sushi as my appetizer and my wife ordered a flatbread for her appetizer (we ended up sharing).

Yummy!!!

I can't wait to eat here!!!