PDA

View Full Version : Where's a good place to eat in Downtown Disney?

Gregandmel
04-21-2009, 12:36 PM
We've never been to Downtown Disney before and we plan on staying at POFQ on our next trip. I know they offer a boat ride to DTD from FQ. We will have a party of 6 and would love your opinions on a good place to try. My kids are pretty much burgers/pizza/chicken kind of kinds and we aren't really picky. Thought it would be a nice place to go on our arrival day. We usually just use our arrival day as just that - ARRIVE, unpack, swim, have dinner, and get ready for a wonderful week at Disney!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
We loved Wolfgang Puck Express, very good pizzas-our favorite CS so far

ThanxForNoticin
04-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Lots of great choices at DTD. I could recommend the new T-Rex restaurant. I also agree with Wolfgang Puck. For something a bit fancier, I would highly recommend Portabella. Have a great time!

DANAM
04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Wolf Gang Puck Express is our favorite CS. Huge portions with great value. They don't have kid's meals though. Our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids 4 and 7 normally share 3 adult meals. Like a entree salad, pizza, and pasta dish.

caryrae
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
We love going to Earl of Sandwich. You can look here to see menus of places to eat in DTD. http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp#Downtown%20Disney

Buddy08
04-21-2009, 01:00 PM
We always coupons for Planet Hollywood but do enjoy eating there. We also like Rainforest Cafe, which is also at AK. There are many other places which would be fun to try.:eat:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Wolf Gang Pucks is our favorite meal spot downtown. Any meal there is great and they have soft serve ice cream for dessert too. Lots of sprinkles on it!!
Have an awesome time!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Zippy 1
04-21-2009, 01:10 PM
We love Rainforest Cafe!! It is always a good meal. Thye have lots of selections too!

tink179
04-21-2009, 01:20 PM
I would also recommend T-Rex and Earl of Sandwich. T-Rex is much better than Rainforest. More food, more options for about the same price. Earl of Sandwich has great sandwiches with tons of flavor! T-Rex would probably be better for your kids. If you're on the dining plan though Earl of Sandwich works as a counter service, but T-Rex is not on the dining plan.

Adambomb85
04-21-2009, 01:22 PM
My favorite place to eat for a counter service meal is Earl of Sandwich. They honestly offer some of the best grilled sandwiches I have ever had!

If your kids are basic eaters, you can customize sandwiches or ask for some substitutions. Everytime I have visited they havn't had a problem making a sandwich for someone in my party or making some modificaitons to a menu offering!

Maleficent_vf
04-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Ditto those recommendations for Earl of Sandwich. We've eaten lunch there a number of times and really enjoy their sandwiches. :thumbsup:

deedeenmickey
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I agree with Earl of Sandwich it is a must each visit for us.

If you want more atmosphere then the T-Rex is really nice (kind of pricey) we enjoyed it alot.

Gregandmel
04-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions! I think I"ll narrow it down to Wolfgang Pucks or Earl of Sandwich. We live in Kansas City and have had the pleasure of having a Rainforest Cafe AND a T-Rex restaurant!! We enjoy both of them completely (although Rainforest recently closed, but luckily we enjoyed it for 6-7 years). Thanks so much again! It's a year away, but I'm already planning my agenda!!!!! :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
04-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Earl of Sandwich has the best stuff...I crave it often after we get home and already know what we are going to order when we get back...:thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
04-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I'd suggest Wolfgang Puck CAFE (as opposed to "express"). It's a TS restaurant on the WS, and the food is excellent!

We stayed at POR once, and did the same thing you're doing - boat ride to DTD for dinner. It was a great time! Enjoy!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-21-2009, 04:49 PM
If you want CS and a good and diverse menu Wolfgang Puck Express is untouchable especially for kids! Earl of Sandwich is excellent but a little more limited IMHO for kids.

mainemajor
04-21-2009, 05:11 PM
We love going to Earl of Sandwich. You can look here to see menus of places to eat in DTD. http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp#Downtown%20Disney

This was one of our favorite quick meals on our last trip and will be a must have on every trip from now on.

jillluvsdisney
04-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Our favorite table service place is The House of Blues. Excellent food.

AmandaChan
04-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Fulton's - delicious but expensive. Probably not the best option for a family of six.

Earl of Sandwich - VERY good and they definitely give you PLENTY of food. Would be a great option for a family wanting to get a lunch.

Planet Hollywood - You get vouchers for here with your MYW package and it's a great place to take kids. There's a lot to look at.

Raglan Road - Great Irish restaurant and DH and I always come here.

Portabello Yacht Club - HATED IT.

ElenitaB
04-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Either of the Wolfgang Puck properties (the TS café or the counter service Express) are favorites in our book. BTW, they do have kids' menus at both. We always mean to go elsewhere, but can't get past the excellent food served at both venues. :thumbsup:

illini
04-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express. More for kids than at EoS, in my opinion. WPE is one of our top 3 restaurants at WDW-- including sit down (we're pretty fussy, it seems). Their chinois salad is what I crave most from Disney. It is SO good!

#1donaldfan
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
We love Fulton's and TRex......they are both GREAT !!!:mickey:

grumpydude
04-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Wolfgang Puck express was not as good as I thought. I would say Rainforest or T-Rex. There's always Mickey D"s.:D::laughing:

Mousemates
04-30-2009, 09:03 AM
wolfgangs or T-Rex

SBETigg
04-30-2009, 09:09 AM
I really like Raglan Road. Good luck choosing!

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
CS:

Earl of Sandwich - large tasty sandwiches!
Wolfgang Puck Express - great way to get a sit down kind of meal without having to be waited on and the food comes out fast.

TS:

Raglan Road - One of our favorites! The food is delicious and the service is great. My favorite thing to order is the It's Not Bleedin Chowder. It isn't very soupy and it's FULL of seafood. I've never had anything that I didn't like. And if you go any night but Sun they have a live Irish band. They are very entertaining.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - Another one of our favorites. The food is always good and we always try something new. My favorite is the Pumpkin Ravioli. They also have great desserts. We've always had great service too.

cer
04-30-2009, 12:46 PM
We have only eaten once in Downtown Disney and really enjoyed Earl of Sandwich.