PDA

View Full Version : Walk up ADR's during Easter weekend.

DANAM
04-21-2009, 12:31 PM
So my Aunt calls me this morning and asked me if she was eating at Crystal Palace for her trip in June. I'm doing all her ADR's for her. SO I said no but I would try to get her an ADR for lunch is she wanted. So she tells me no don't bother the lady she worked with just walked right up and eat there. So I questioned her because this woman was there Thurs-Mon Easter weekend. She told me she eat there 3 times because they loved it so much and made no ADR's all weekend, they eat 2 sit down meals a day. She told my aunt 4 other places she did this at but my aunt couldn't remember where.

So I am curious how possible was this when Disney was packed Easter week. Someone help me with this I am telling my aunt she needs these ADR's and this woman says she never makes them and can walk in where they deceide they want to eat.

Figment!
04-21-2009, 01:18 PM
It would probably be helpful to find out how long this individual waited to be seated.

Many locations can be eaten at with-out Advanced Dining Reservations (and a little luck), however; the wait time to be seated is generally rather long.

deedeenmickey
04-21-2009, 01:34 PM
We tried to get walk-up ADR s at CP on the Tuesday after Presidents day for 2, anytime that day and couldn't. We tried this at Sci-fi to. No luck. I'm sure it's possible sometimes but why risk it? If you know you want to eat somewhere in advance you should make the ADR just to cover yourself.

Nini5055
04-22-2009, 09:24 AM
There is always that possibility. But every single year I have gone and we did breakfast and lunch at CP we have had ADR's. The amount of people waiting outside on CP's porch is mind boggling (every year it's the same). I could not imagine even thinking of going there without an ADR!!! Even with an ADR it is a looooooong wait. :(

I prefer to make my ADR early for CP so we get to walk in the MK with no crowds. You will not be allowed in before the park opens without an ADR.

Personally, I would not spend all that money on a WDW vacation and NOT plan out my ADR's. I don't like leaving something as important as a meal up to chance.

DANAM
04-22-2009, 11:09 AM
There is always that possibility. But every single year I have gone and we did breakfast and lunch at CP we have had ADR's. The amount of people waiting outside on CP's porch is mind boggling (every year it's the same). I could not imagine even thinking of going there without an ADR!!! Even with an ADR it is a looooooong wait. :(

That's the same thing I have always encountered.

My aunt said she didn't have to wait. She walked in to be seated. I couldn't understand that because we always wait at least 15 to 30 min for our table at Crystal Palace. And we normally don't go at peak times or peak vacation times.

Okay, so at least I'm not the only one to think this is not really possible. I'm going to try to get an ADR for my aunt and if she wants to wing it that's on her.

Thanks everyone!!!

KylesMom
04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
DANAM, you are a Disney Veteran & know how it works. And I'd assume your Aunt wanted you to make her ADRs for her because of your knowledge.

I'd make the ADR for CP and tell her that since she put it in your hands, you didn't want to let her down on this one - and that her co-worker was very fortunate indeed if she was able to walk up to these dining locations. What she does with the ADR after you make it is one thing, but at least it won't be driving you insane. :D

TheRustyScupper
04-22-2009, 12:49 PM
So I am curious how possible was this when Disney was packed Easter week. Someone help me with this

Possibilities:
1) Moon was in the right phase.
2) She found a penny on the ground.
3) A leprechaun was a guide.
4) Jupiter aligned with Mars.

cheeky monkey
04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
We were there the week before easter this year and had several ADR at popular locations. Although the parks were packed-I would not say the same of the resturants. We ate a non-peak times as well so that may have contributed. We walked up at Boma on Good Friday and got seated right away.

I think this might illustrated how disney may be struggling financially. People were flocking to take advantage of the great offers and packing the resorts and parks but the shops and resturants are not bringing in $.

mudpuppysmom
04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I've been there during non peak, what some say "dead" times and CP was STILL jam packed! People are just standing around everywhere over in that area!!

If it were me, and I do this too....I'd make the ADR and then if she decides that she doesn't want that particular time, SHE can cancel it and try to walk up on her own!

My sister tried to tell me that we didn't need ANY ADR's in December when we went last year and I told her I'm making them for my family and if she wanted to eat somewhere with us to speak up now.....Case in point, we were eating at Jiko one night -- we walked up to checkin and her BF was in front of me trying to get them in.....when I saw it was him I asked if they could be added onto our ADR and we were told no, they were booked up solid all night -- and this is an out of the way place (so to speak) in the beginning of December! So instead they got to eat Mara. Moral of the story.......if you definitely want to eat at a particular place -- make the dern ADR!