PDA

View Full Version : do you get all your fastpass's before riding rides?

tinkerddeedee
04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Or do you justwalk around your plan of attack and get the FP while your at that area?
We are usually at the park at RD and am wondering if we should just walk to all the FP first, before riding.
Also, is it true you can only get 2 FP at a time. So that could change the way we do things :blush:

Gregandmel
04-21-2009, 07:29 AM
You can only get 1 fast past at a time. You can get another one if the FIRST fast pass time has passed (meaning, for example, the 1st one you get at 9:15am has a return time of 10:05am - 11:05am). You can get another one AFTER 11:05am.

Also - you can get another one 2 hours after the 1st one is issued. For example: You go to TSM at HS and it's 11am. The FP you receive has you come back between 4:00pm - 5:00pm. Obviously you can't use that one for 5 long hours. HOwever, you can get ANOTHER one at 1pm (2 hours after you got this one)

I hope this makes sense. Bottom line is you can not go around to all the FP machines and gather up FP's to use for the day.

If I'm mistaken about any of this, or not clear, I know another Intercotee will help. But that's the jist of it all!! (Although it WOULD be nice to gather them all up at once, but then it wouldn't be fair to anyone else coming into the park later in the day because they might all be taken by that time!)

CleveRocks
04-21-2009, 08:00 AM
The above poster is 100% correct.

It's impossible to walk around a park gathering FASTPASSes. You use your ticket to obtain a FP, and The Great Disney Computer knows it. On the FP itself, it will tell you when you are eligible to obtain another FP. That time will be no later than 2 hours from the time you obtained the original FP. It may very well be earlier than that ... that time is often 5 minutes after your first FP "matures" ... in other words, if at 9 a.m. you get a FP that allows you to enter a ride beginning at 9:45 a.m., that FP will tell you you can get another FP after 9:45 or 9:50 or something to that effect. But if at 9 a.m. you get a FP that allows you to enter a ride beginning at 12:30 p.m., that FP will tell you you can get another FP after 11 a.m.

With a few rare exceptions, FPs are accepted even after the return window has expired, as long as they are for the same day. In other words, your FP may tell you you have a return window of 9:45 - 10:45 a.m., but in reality you could use that FP at 7:30 p.m. on that same day if you really wanted to. So, in this manner, if you really wanted to, theoretically you could hang around a park all day and gather FPs (slowly, one at a time) and then use them all back-to-back at the end of the day. Sounds like a waste of time to me, but it can be done that way.

deedeenmickey
04-21-2009, 08:09 AM
I only go out of my way to specifically get fast passes for the most popular attractions (i.e. TSM). The other way I do it is to get a fast pass at one attraction and go and stand by in the next one. I would fast pass TOT and stand by RNR or vice versa. I fast pass soarin and stand by HISTA and figment. Fast pass MS and stand by (single riders) TT. Everyone has their preference.

If I'm in Disney I'm good either way! :mickey:

tinkerddeedee
04-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Ok, I think I got it!!!! :thumbsup: You guys explained it perfectly, I know my question wasn't exactely easy to understand:blush:.
So I think we will do it "land to land" style :cool:
Very good, thank you for the explanation!!!
:cloud9::grouphug::rocks:

SorcererJim
04-21-2009, 10:25 PM
You can only get 1 fast past at a time. You can get another one if the FIRST fast pass time has passed (meaning, for example, the 1st one you get at 9:15am has a return time of 10:05am - 11:05am). You can get another one AFTER 11:05am.

This was perfect except I believe you can get another fastpass starting at 10:05 (the start of your window)

The only fastpass I have "run" for is the TSM, other than that I with the previous poster and get fastpasses in the general area we are in and hit other attractions in the area.

irish1967
04-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Ok, I think I got it!!!! :thumbsup: You guys explained it perfectly, I know my question wasn't exactely easy to understand:blush:.
So I think we will do it "land to land" style :cool:
Very good, thank you for the explanation!!!
:cloud9::grouphug::rocks:

Doing FPs "Land by Land" may make you miss out....

For example, in the MK, FPs for Splash Mountain run out during the hot summer months. If you start at Tomorrowland and work your way through SM and Buzz Lightyear. Then go through Toontown ("Hi Mickey") and the Fantasyland, Libertysquare etc. By the time you work your way around to Splash Mountain, the FPs may be gone.

So, you may want to prioritize the rides you really want to do - criss cross the parks to make sure you do them and then hit the other rides.

Hope this makes sense!

tjstrike
04-23-2009, 01:56 AM
What we do is get a FP for say Buzz lightyear, then ride it if the line is not too long or go ride something without the FP option that's close (TTA or indy speedway) then come back to buzz and get right on with the FP. We usually move "Land to land".

CaptSmee
04-23-2009, 02:36 AM
I use the 20 minute rule...if it's over 20 minute posted wait & fastpass is offered, we FP it up! Otherwise, we hop in line.

PrettyMinnie
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
The best way to not miss out is to plan it out. For example if you have your heart set on TSM for one day then you might sacrifice another ride to get that FP. We always plan out our attack so we don't miss the big things. We tried the "land by land" idea the first trip, but honestly we were rookies and didn't think we missed anything. But we did. I know it may seem that jumping around is going to take more time, but it won't in the end. Good luck!