PDA

View Full Version : AKV Concierge

Guinness
04-21-2009, 12:01 AM
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the AKV Concierge before and can you tell me if there are any differences between it and staying concierge at the resort (i.e. not through DVC)?

I have a stay booked there next January and was wondering what to expect.

deedeenmickey
04-21-2009, 08:21 AM
From your lips to God's ear!

I have never stayed there or in concierge but it would be nice!:blush:

ThanxForNoticin
04-21-2009, 12:11 PM
I guess the biggest difference is that the DVC concierge rooms are on the top floor of the Jambo House building - the same floor as the concierge lounge. The resort concierge rooms are a floor lower. So instead of walking to the lounge, resort guests need to take a short elevator ride to the lounge. I believe everything else is the same for all concierge guests.

AKL concierge is our favorite at Disney - we've been able to do it a couple times. The drinks, snacks, and services available in the lounge are very good. The late-night desserts are a big plus, too!! But the primary reason we go back for AKL concierge is the chance to do the Sunrise Safari - available only to AKL concierge guests. It's an early-morning special safari, I think run on Thursday and Sunday mornings (there is a fee for the safari and it also requires a day on your park pass to get into AK). The safari is 45-60 minutes before the park opens, often as the animals are coming out for the day. There will be lots of time for photos and questions. That is followed by the most amazing breakfast, now held at Pizzafari in AK.

I hope that offers some help.

pox24
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Although the Club Level was nice, it was too high to really enjoy the savannahs. I would rather be lower for a better perspective of the animals. Don't get me wrong, the concierge level was fabulous, but the attraction to the Lodge, in my view are the animals, not the desserts upstairs.

hlkeck
04-21-2009, 02:45 PM
we loved it. I'm waitlisted to go back in January. Fabulous amenities and a fabulous resort. I would do concierge every time if I could!

FYI - the African Smoothie is extremely addicting...but loads of calories! But soooo goood!

Guinness
04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all this info. I'm especially happy to hear that we will be on the same level as the lounge, as this seems really convenient. I guess we'll just have to go outside for some animal face time.

tomatoe pie
04-24-2009, 09:06 AM
i had stayed on akl concierge level before we were dvc owners and loved it. i have also stayed as dvc owners and even loved it more.:thumbsup:

i have also stayed concierge at poly and found it very pleasant but not as good. we were there for a full week and found that they only put out nicer food on friday and saturday. the rest of the week was very slim and cheap. ;);) we stayed bc concierge and found it not worth the extra. :( it was just not anything but a few crackers, a little cheese, cookies and sodas, with wine at night. just not interesting at all, altho the cms were extremely nice and helpful.

ak is concierge is just fantastic and i would stay there every visit if possible:mickey:mickey quality all the way.