PDA

View Full Version : Walking to Cape May Cafe?

5togetherWDW
04-20-2009, 09:57 PM
We are planning to dine at Cape May Cafe, for the first time. Our current plan is to spend the day at Epcot - walking over for our meal. So, the question comes -- just how long does it take to walk to Beach Club? (In estimating -- know we will have 2 wheelchairs in our party.) Thanks.

DVC2004
04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
From the gate between UK and France (International Gateway) it's about a 10 minute walk to BC. Not bad at all. However starting from the Future World it will take considerably longer. There is also a boat launch back there that can take you to the Beach Club too.

DizneyRox
04-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Yes, there is a boat launch, but I will say, even wit two wheelchairs, you will get to the beach club faster by walking/rolling.

You may have to wait for the boat, then the time to board, and ride. The dropoff is actually out on a pier almost in the middle of the lake, so you'll have almost the same walk coming off the boat than you would from Intl. Gateway.

Just a thought... Never liked the boat between Epcot/MGM too much.

ElenitaB
04-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Having done both, I felt it was longer to walk/roll there from the launch landing than to head there directly from the International Gateway (plus you don't have to load/unload the launch itself which is a plus in and of itself).

5togetherWDW
04-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Thank You :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
04-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I agree that walking is probably your best bet. I also agree it will be about 10 minutes, once you exit EPCOT.

I also have a recommendation from experience. As you leave EPCOT, head toward the Beach Club, and come towards the bridge - stay to your left. Most of the walkway will go uphill to the bridge that crosses the water and takes you to Boardwalk. If you stay to the left, along the water, there is a walkway that's flat - and it brings you out right at the Beach Club. It will be obvious to you when you get there. You'll need to continue walking until you get to Cape May, but it's a much easier route. Enjoy your dinner!

brownie
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
It's about 10-15 minutes from the International Entrance at Epcot to Cape May Cafe.

MidnTPK
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
It is 0.33 miles (580 yards) from the World Showcase promenade to the lobby of the Beach Club ( I just measured with Google's pedometer). There's a slight incline, which you can avoid by taking the path to the left/under the bridge, but otherwise it's a smooth grade that is very wheelchair friendly. The path is very wide and could accommodate two lanes of traffic if it were a road.

poeticeclipse
04-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Definitely walk it! It's really not bad at all. It's actually a really cool relaxing walk that DH and I enjoy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-24-2009, 10:54 PM
I too agree that it's quicker to walk. It's a pretty walk too.