PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Question. appetizer swap?

morebroccoli
04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
ok so i was wondering... after looking over some of the menus for TS meals, i am actually more interested in getting an appetizer than an actual entree at some of the places. Now, i know you no longer can get an appetizer AND entree for a TS meal.. but can you actually ask to replace your entree for an appetizer instead? i would think it would be ok considering an appetizer is usually less expensive than an entree. has anyone ever done this?

(i really would rather have Kona's sticky wings as my main meal than any of their lunchtime sandwiches ANY day)

DANAM
04-20-2009, 07:09 PM
As far as I know, there are no substitutions but maybe there is an entree size of something you want. They just add a side to it and call it an entree. If that's the case, that may be possible but not likely. Although, it is kind of silly because like you said it does cost less.

deedeenmickey
04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I know you cannot change a dessert for an app but I don't know about the entree. I agree it would be cheaper which makes me wonder if it would make it worth your while to get the dining plan? Unless of course it's free dining.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-20-2009, 07:59 PM
It would make sense, but I've heard from a lot of people that they won't allow it :(

I haven't tried it myself though, it can't hurt to ask, can it?

beksy
04-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I think this was brought up in another thread recently and it was decided that you cannot change an appetizer for an entree. It really doesn't make a lot of sense.

morebroccoli
04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
i guess i will just ask when i get there, but i'm betting they wont allow it from the sounds of it. sooo i will just pay for my appetizer meal oop, and spend the extra TS for one that deducts 2! (hoop dee doo here we come!)

thanks for your replies!