PDA

View Full Version : What are the crowds like at EMH at rope drop?

Gregandmel
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
WE've never taken advantage of the EMH, but wondered what the crowds are like prior to the rope drop. Do you feel like there are a zillion people there (like at MK?). If EMH begins at 8am, what time do you try to get to the turnstiles? 7:30am?? Are you able to accomplish alot in the hour prior to it opening to the public? Just wondered if it's worth the extra effort to get there. Thanks!!!! (We are up in the air when to go next - probably next early May 2010, however, any subsequent trips will be taken as soon as school gets out, which is right after Memorial Day, so curious about early June crowds). Thanks everyone!!!!:D

Wishmaker
04-20-2009, 04:33 PM
It is soooooo worth it. We have always accomplished so much when we take advantage of EMH in the am. I will say that is for Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom & Typhoon Lagoon. I have not done EMH at the others. Pick a few or just one of your favorite parks and get up early you wont regret it.

KylesMom
04-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Do you feel like there are a zillion people there (like at MK?). If EMH begins at 8am, what time do you try to get to the turnstiles? 7:30am?? Are you able to accomplish alot in the hour prior to it opening to the public? Just wondered if it's worth the extra effort to get there.

We participate in a.m. EMH at both MK and AK. While the crowds are there initially, I still don't think it rivals a normal opening. Once you're allowed in the park and you spread out, it's quite nice. If EMH begins at 8 am, we're usually to the turnstiles by 7:45. There is always still room in the "holding" area before you enter under the train station. We're always able to visit several of the more popular attractions before the general public is allowed into the park.

We have tried all four a.m. EMH, but found the only two to be really substantial for us is MK and AK. At DHS, we LOVE RnRC and ToT, but the EMH lines rival longer than average summertime lines. We definitely feel that a.m. EMH are worth it at MK and AK! :mickey:

LVT
04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
This works well for the waterparks also. The
lines there can get tedious in the hot sun.
2 years ago the water parks always had EMH
so check the schedules faithfully.

DANAM
04-20-2009, 08:14 PM
We love EMH AM esp at MK. We normally get there about 30 to 15 minutes early. There is a cute little celebration. CM's throw confetti and Disney music plays on load speakers. I would say there might have been 50 to 100 people out there. The only bad thing was renting a stroller there was kind of a mad dash of people heading there. All in all completely worth it. I know so people dislike EMH but we always do AM and we also do most PM with no problem.

Just a tip we normally only hang around at AM parks for 2 or 3 hours then hop to another park. Same with PM we normally hop a hour or so before EMH.

sainter
04-21-2009, 09:27 AM
EMH at DHS was pretty crazy last month, BUT, almost everyone headed straight to TSM. We did too and this was the only time the whole week that we got on this ride (twice that morning actually because we got fast passes right away and then stood in line ). But if you wanted to do TOT or RR, I think this was probably a good time to do those!

#1donaldfan
04-21-2009, 12:17 PM
...at rope drop, it is getting increasingly more crowded / busy, but it is still WAY worth it....

...it seems more crowded than it really is, once the crowd disperses into each park, it "thins" out pretty well, however, I have been seeing, like I said before, a definate increase.....:mickey: