PDA

View Full Version : Tutto Italia

kat9300
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

We made last minute disney reservations with the dining plan, so we got what we could with respect to available restaurants for our table service meals. We've never been to Tutto Italia and it was available.

Can anyone give a thumbs up/down on this one? I gave up Boma and San Angel Inn for it. Out of the 3, which is better?

Thanks in advance for your response!
Kat
4/27/09 Yacht Club

svarhall07
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
i didn't enjoy it at all. I thought it was very processed and mass produced, and not anything (and I mean ANYTHING) like the food I've had in the real Italy. I'd go for Boma no question!

jillluvsdisney
04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
We ate there for lunch in December. We loved it. For starters we had meatballs, calamari and proscutto with melon. Entress were salmon, farfalle with alfredo sauce and a panini. We loved our deserts as well. The service was very friendly and attentive. We will definately go back.

I think San Angel's food is blah and haven't been there in years. We do go to Boma on almost every visit. If you really want to try some news things and step out of the box, it's really fun. It's a buffet so I have a hard time comparing it to Tutto Italiano.

TheDuckRocks
04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
After 2 trips to Tutto Italia it is quickly becoming our favorite 1 credit table service restaurant. We love the Bucatini Gratnati, pasta with prosciutto and peas baked in a creamy parmesan cheese sauce :eat: and it's large enough for us to share.
(From a woman's view, the Italian waiters aren't too bad either. :blush:)

prttynpnk
04-21-2009, 12:35 PM
We loved it- sure I miss Alfredo's but I think it is a welcome addition. Great food, great atmosphere- I think you'll enjoy.

wildernesslady
04-21-2009, 01:37 PM
It has become one of our must do's. The penne caprese is delicious. All the servers are very attentive and I agree easy on the eyes. Boma was to adventurous for some of my family and San Angel just wasn't that great. We much prefer the counter service at Mexico. Another great option is Teppan Edo.

KAT1811
04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
It has become one of our must do's. The penne caprese is delicious. All the servers are very attentive and I agree easy on the eyes.

LOL! We too have added Tutto Italia to the must do list. The penne caprese is my favorite. We ate at Tutto's 3 times on our last visit (we were there for 2 weeks) and I had the penne caprese each time. DH and I come from an area that has a very high concentration of italian immigrants, and as a result a lot of italian eateries and almost every function has homemade italian food. (My favorite is the fried squash flowers!) DH is italian himself and we really enjoyed the eatery. I wouldn't say it is the best italian food I have had but it is much better than what I recall Alfredo's being.

I enjoy San Angel Inn mostly for the :marg: and the atmosphere. The rest of my family does not care for it so the past couple of trips we have skipped it.

As for Boma, I'm in no hurry to try it for a few reasons. . . I am not a huge fan of buffets (although I do like some), it is out of the way for us as we do not stay at AKL, and the food does not sound like something that appeals to me.

Good luck!!!

pluto 77
04-21-2009, 02:02 PM
:thumbsup:
We really enjoyed our dinner there last time we were at WDW. Everything was delicious, even if it was not all authentic.

For me its a tough call to go here over Boma. My suggestion would be to look at the menus. Boma has very unique food, but if you are a picky eater you may not enjoy it. Really either Boma or Tutto would be wonderful choices. They are both some of our favorites!!