PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Open?

Baloofan
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
This morning at work I talked to a friend that just returned from vacation (at WDW of course). This guy is notoriously known to be full of bull. He told me while riding TTA he noticed that Space Mountain was in operation. He said they rode it a couple of days later even though all info stated that SM was down for refurb. Can anyone verify this?

(31 days before WDW!!!)

Imagineer1981
04-20-2009, 02:11 PM
It is my understanding that TTA and SM are down for an extended amount of time. I think he was just pulling your leg

Baloofan
04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I knew he was full of you know what. No he wasn't pulling my leg, this is a guy who always tries to get the last word in, always has to one up you, always does things no one else is lucky enough to do.

jmj18
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
We just returned from vacation last week and Space Mountain was open. As a matter of fact, my daughter had her first ride and LOVED it!

MidnTPK
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
He was probably telling the truth. SM was scheduled to start its refurb on April 19, so if he got back Sunday, then he should have been able to ride.

See: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp

Space Mountain will be closed for a lengthy rehab from April 19 through November 21, 2009.

LuvDaDuckMost
04-20-2009, 10:21 PM
We were there April 3rd and both rides were running. In fact, Space Mountain had an hour and a half wait so we did the fast pass.

Baloofan
04-21-2009, 09:15 AM
I guess since I knew SM would be closed for our May '09 trip that I didn't really pay attention to when it was scheduled to shut down for refurb. I'll just have to catch it on the next trip. Hope the refurb is great.

Daisy'sMom
04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
All of our local stations have mentioned that it is closing to warn all of the SM lovers.:mickey:

chrisb26
04-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Space Mountain is now closed the last day it was open was April 19th. I was able to ride it about 15 minutes before it closed :D.

So it is possible he was telling the truth that it was open while he was on his trip.

MidnTPK
04-21-2009, 03:14 PM
It is my understanding that TTA and SM are down for an extended amount of time. I think he was just pulling your leg

I knew he was full of you know what. No he wasn't pulling my leg, this is a guy who always tries to get the last word in, always has to one up you, always does things no one else is lucky enough to do.

I guess since I knew SM would be closed for our May '09 trip that I didn't really pay attention to when it was scheduled to shut down for refurb. I'll just have to catch it on the next trip. Hope the refurb is great.

Off topic, but I think this thread offers some lessons in internet safety and etiquette.

The OP came here with a mistaken assumption.
Someone who didn't know the details wrongly confirmed the mistaken assumption.
Then the OP used the inaccurate confirmation to further evaluate the situation, but to the wrong conclusion.
The lessons:

Don't assume anything. Go to a reputable source to find the real deal.
Don't answer a question if you don't have reasonable knowledge of the subject in question.
Don't assume you have knowledge about something...speak from personal experience or cite your source.
Be careful of who you believe on the internet....they may or may not have accurate information.
Be careful about forming an opinion from resources where you don't know the source.

I feel sorry for the guy who went to WDW....now he has a friend/coworker who has a diminished opinion of him. Despite now knowing he was telling the truth, the OP probably has remnants of the feeling of catching him in a lie...but he didn't lie and now is unfairly diminished....once accused, you're always accused, despite how innocent you were in the first place.

wishiniwasthere
04-22-2009, 07:03 PM
WOW.....deep stuff.