PDA

View Full Version : Plus Dining vs. Plus Dining Deluxe

LadynTramp
04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
My DH and I are thinking about planning a trip for Halloween time. Right now we're trying to decide between the dining plan or the deluxe dining plan? We're just not really sure we'd use the sit down breakfast every day, but could you trade up for more signature dining? What do you think? Is it a waste to go deluxe?:mickey:

dancin Disney style
04-20-2009, 02:04 PM
If you eat three big meals a day than it's probably worth the money.

For us we don't want to spend that much time in restaurants. Plus, don't eat that much. We find the regular plan perfect. We have a late breakfast with our CS credits and then an early TS dinner. With the snack in between if needed.

Nini5055
04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I have done just the Basic Dining Plan and well, ever since Free Dining when I upgraded to the Deluxe Dining Plan...there has been no looking back!!!:blush:

We LOVE the Deluxe Dining Plan. Yes, we are able to partake in the Dinner Shows like Hoop Dee Doo Review and the Poly Luau as well as a couple of signature restaurants as those all require 2 table service credits. As I have a younger child (dd7), we are sure to hit ALL the requisite Princess Meals and various other Character Meals. We like eating a good breakfast, a light lunch, and a nice dinner all sit down.

I much prefer to skip counter service all together...it is just not my thing. Now, before everyone starts saying...you miss all that time in the parks while you are eating...I make our breakfast ADR's before park opening hours...so sometimes we are in the parks before everyone else...we also make ADR's for the park we are in that day and have a few ADR's at the resort we are staying at this year! I much prefer sitting down in a restaurant and being waited on for a change...I am of the opinion that counter service lines can be awfully long and have experienced the tray juggling and keeping an eye out for my dd and the search for a table...just not for me.

We are not overweight (OK...mom is plump and huggable) and we like the breaks (especially my elderly mother) from the heat and extreme fun of the parks.

Deluxe Dining Plan works for us!:thumbsup: I think you should do what you are most comfortable with.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-20-2009, 02:47 PM
We usually use the regular DDP, and on our last trip "upgraded" to the deluxe plan.

It was nice having lots of TS credits to use, we tried a lot of new and different places that we usually don't try. We did use some of the credits for dinner shows and signature dining.

On a couple of days we had three TS-meals, which since the deluxe plan includes appetizers and desserts, was just too much food!

Some days, we did a late breakfast/early lunch and a special dinner.

Even with the 2-credit meals, it was still too much food, and too much time eating for us. We're back to the regular DDP for this trip. :eat:

DANAM
04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
We are trying the deluxe for Christmas. I have worked it out to two meals a day. We aren't doing any CS and we are doing quite a few signature places. For us 2 meals a day isn't alot but if we had to do 3 I don't think we could do it. We are using 2 on the first day and 2 on the last day to off set doing 3 per day. I chose to do early breakfast or very early lunch and later dinners.
We would prefer to sit down and relax at meals and even though Disney has alot of CS options eating burgers and fries more than once a week is not that appealing to us.

So, I guess it all really depends on your family.

TheDuckRocks
04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
We very, very rarely eat at fast food places when we are at home, so doing a lot of counter service meals is just not the way we choose to eat at WDW most of the time. We do eat at CS places and have always enjoyed them, breakfast at the resort food courts and the unusual items rather than just a burger or chicken nuggets can be wonderful.
We have used the regular DDP in the past and feel it is a great way to experience the ins and outs of the DDP for a first time user. We are now using the Deluxe DDP since its release. We enjoy dining at the 2 credit signature restaurants and using our snack credits for a peice of fruit or something mid-day so we have the extra calories to indulge in at dinner time.
Take the time and figure out what your dream eating experience would be for a trip to WDW and if the budget allows get the DDP that fits with what you would like.

Woozle
04-21-2009, 01:42 PM
We are trying the regular ddp this year instead of the nothing like the last time. The way we looked at it was that we would get to eat better than if we did not do it (there are 7 of going). We have done the eat a large brkfst at the DLR and we are not into that. We are having brkfst in room, it will also save money.
50 days to go....:tigger: