PDA

View Full Version : Balconies at WL

hauntedmansiongirl
04-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I was just wondering which floors at WL have walled in balconies, and which balconies are see-through? We love to sit on the balcony and read, but feel claustrophobic if it's all walled-in.

Pally
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2006 and faced the MK. This was a standard room facing wilderness. We loved it. It was on the 4th or 5th floor. Enclosed balcony. I did not feel enclosed at all. It felt like we were in the tree tops. We also had a very nice view of the fireworks at night. My husband loves fireworks so I specifially asked for a room on the top floor facing MK. :thumbsup:

Tygger7
04-20-2009, 02:24 PM
It's only the top floor that has the enclosed balconies, if memory is serving me correctly. We've had both closed and open balconies while staying there, and honestly the closed wasn't too bad. The extra privacy was kinda nice, but I did love the open balcony overlooking the pool/courtyard area. :)

Nicki'sMom
04-20-2009, 02:47 PM
We stayed in a room facing the pool on the 2nd or 3rd floor and it had a wall on either side I think. This didn't feel closed in at all though.

diz_girl
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
My past two stays at WL have had a walled balcony (or worse).

This past December, I was in 2031, which is a Courtyard view room. It was lobby level, but you could only access it by going down the ramp and up the elevator near the laundry room. Room 2031 had a walled balcony and faced Artist's point, and I could only see the courtyard and pool if I leaned over the railing. So I got a bad view and had to stand in order to look at it. The only upside is that it was near the elevator. Not worth the extra $ for the Courtyard View, but no more Woods View rooms were available at the AAA rate, so it was lower in price than a non-AAA Woods View room.

In September 2005, I was in 2125 (I think that was the number.) It is on the lobby level and you get to it by walking down the corridor that is behind the main bank of elevators. It is actually a great location, close to the lobby, buses and restaurants. However, if you like to relax on the balcony and enjoy the view, this is not the room for you. The balcony of the room is inside one of the stone pillars and you have a 2' x 2' hole in the stone as your window. It's kind of claustrophobic, but kind of cool too. You have a view of the pool if you stand and look out of the hole in the wall. It is also one of the handicapped rooms, so there is no tub, just a shower, and a king bed. It is classified as a standard view room, and I wouldn't mind staying there again, but I'm now a Mom and I'll need two queen beds.