PDA

View Full Version : ADR Question

LarryBoy
04-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Tomorrow is my day to make my ADR's for our July trip! :joy: If I call at 7 am how long do you think it will take me to make 7 dinner ADRs with a breakfast and a lunch thrown in? I have to leave at 7:30 to take my son to school, do I have enough time?

Strmchsr
04-20-2009, 10:43 AM
It doesn't take long to make the ADRs, but it more depends on how long you have to wait on hold. Sometimes it's only a couple of minutes, and sometimes it can be 30 min. There's no way to know. EVERYONE calls at 7 am to try to be "first" so the wait time is often longest then if you don't get in right away.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-20-2009, 11:14 AM
You might be pushing it!

I think that the ADR's will take more than 30 minutes to make, especially if you end up waiting a couple of minutes before you actually get through :(

I would prioritze the ADR's, and start with the most important. As long as you get the crazy-hard-to-get ones early, you can call back later in the day for the rest.

LarryBoy
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Our top dinner choices are:
CRT (dinner)
LeCellier
Coral Reef
Boma
50's Prime Time
Biergarten

With a lunch at Tony's and a breakfast at the Crystal Palace. Which spots will be the hardest to get? Will I have trouble on my first day out? We have several alternate choices including: Ohana, Garden Grill, San Angel (if it's open), and Chef Mickeys.

pandkx3
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Le Ceiller has always been the most ellusive of our ADR's. I've got a trip coming up in June and called at 7am, was on hold for about 40 minutes and still got a 4:50pm ressies for Le Ceilier...and I called the first day that I was able to call:confused:

DANAM
04-20-2009, 03:25 PM
I would call at 7am and try to make at least CRT and Le Cellier before you have to leave for school. Then come home and do the rest.

Another suggestion, I am not sure of laws in your state but why not call from your cell phone and put it on speaker, if you have that option on your phone. They will give you all the adr # at the end so you can pull over at the point and copy them down or tell them the situation and call when you get home and get the adr#'s.

Good luck getting everything you want. Let us know how it all turns out!!!

KylesMom
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I would call at 7am and try to make at least CRT and Le Cellier before you have to leave for school. Then come home and do the rest.

Ditto on that piece of advice. Now, if you were going to substitute either one of these with Ohana or Chef Mickey's, you'll probably want to try and make those in their place if for some whacked out reason they're not available. These are the other two restaurants that sell out very quickly.

For the first 10 days of our vacation ADRs for June, I was on hold for almost an hour calling at 7 am before I actually got to speak with someone. For the remainder of our ADRs, I called the next Sunday and got right through. Still took quite awhile to make, though.

I just called to try & switch one of our Fantasmic dining packages to later in the evening in June. Although I was patched right through to an operator, it still took me 13 minutes to see if there were any other available times at Mama Melrose for the same date. So by no means is it quick - I would definitely not count on being able to make all seven ADRs before you have to take DS to school. :mickey: Good luck in your quest! :thumbsup:

LarryBoy
04-21-2009, 08:19 AM
I did it! :joy: :woohoo:
We got all our ADRs and I was off the phone by 7:25 so I could take my son to school. I used my wife's phone and her Bluetooth in case I wasn't done in time. It was also nice to have my hands free so I could write down all that info. We got everything we wanted:
CRT - dinner
LeCellier
Coral Reef
Boma
50's Prime Time
Garden Grill
Tony's - lunch (our first day tradition)
Chef's de France - lunch (hope to see Remy)
Crystal Palace - breakfast

We're pumped. We got some pretty popular restaurants. Plus we got some for the kids, and some for the adults. July can't come soon enough.

the other micki
04-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Congratulations! You got some great ADRs! Doesn't it feel wonderful when things work out just right? :cloud9:

KylesMom
04-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Most excellent! I'm excited for you - everything you wanted, and your son was on time for school! :mickey:

LarryBoy
04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Most excellent! I'm excited for you - everything you wanted, and your son was on time for school! :mickey:

Thanks, I guess I've got mad WDW skills. It's amazing how quickly places fill up now. I had to be a little flexible on my days for CRT, Coral Reef, and LeCellier but I knew that going in. I was also pleased that they are all at a reasonable dinner time. That's important with kids.

TheDuckRocks
04-21-2009, 10:44 AM
I was able to get all the ADRs they wanted for my son's family this morning. (Yeah, everyone lets Mom do it as she is the "expert", which I translate as sap.) I was able to get everything within 1/2 hour of the time requested and everything on the day they wanted.:thumbsup:
Here's the list of what they wanted and got:
Mama Melrose - Fantasmic! dinner package
Ohana
Sci Fi Dine In
Coral Reef
Liberty Tree Tavern
Planet Hollywood
Chef Mickey's