PDA

View Full Version : Stitch Ride- is it really bad?

cherbie66
04-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I am planning a trip in Sept. so I have been reading posts and making plans. A few posts said very negative things about the Stitch ride. I went to Disney like 10 years ago and loved the Alien Encounter attraction. Is Stitch the same thing? Why are so many people dissing it?

DisneyGlutton
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
We diss it b/c we don't like it, lol. Stitch is basically the same attraction as Alien Encounter but for kids. Alien Encounter was an okay attraction due to the fact it was a bit scary, but Stitch is just lame. Its one of those rides that I only ride every couple of visits, and then only if I'm bored and the line is short. However, its a worth a try, maybe you will be one of those who enjoy it.

DizneyRox
04-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Both rides really don't have much to offer. AE was too scary and had no re-rideability. Stitch has no cohesive story and at points is just disgusting. It also has no re-rideability.

If there's no line and you have time to kill, it's worth a shot. I wouldn't make plans to see it, or drop anything else (even a root canal) to get it done.

Polynesian Dweller
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm not going to be quite as negative but neither will I give it an endorsement. Much of the commentary comes, I believe, comes rightly from disappointment that when they replaced Alien Encounter they didn't improve on it. It is a disappointment in that regard, and its right to say that they story isn't as well done as it should have been. Its also not an E ticket level attraction and yet might have been.

With all opinions about Disney I give the advice of take the opinion for what it is, opinion, but try to stay open and try a ride yourself. There are rides we like that others don't and vice versa so you never know until you try whether its for you or not.

marylynne95
04-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Call me crazy, but I think it is not bad. It definately isn't a first priority. There are other rides I would make sure I did first and then if I had time I would go on it.

ASweetLov
04-20-2009, 12:25 AM
well in my opinion it's not a bad ride. I love stitch. I do hate those things that go on your shoulders when you are sitting down though, they hurt my shoulders so much!

DisneyGlutton
04-20-2009, 12:48 AM
well in my opinion it's not a bad ride. I love stitch. I do hate those things that go on your shoulders when you are sitting down though, they hurt my shoulders so much!

:ditto: especially since it doesn't move or anything!

dmosher
04-20-2009, 01:19 AM
See I love Stitch, really, he is my favorite Disney Character, so the ride was a bit of a disappointment to me. Add to that my love for the original ride (pre-Stitch) and it just was not a love it kind of ride. I know a lot of people hate it, though I couldn't tell you why. I say try it once. If you really hate it meet DW and I at Buzz Lightyear, otherwise, enjoy it!
:pipes:
D

AmandaChan
04-20-2009, 01:49 AM
I didn't think that it was that bad. I never rode alien encounter so I can't really compare. We have never waited more than 5 minutes in line for the Stitch ride. It may not be the best attraction but at least it doesn't have a long wait.

ransam
04-20-2009, 02:01 AM
i didnt like the movie when i first saw it, but watched it again, and it was much better than i remembered.....but.....i went on the ride..didn't like...gave it a second chance, and i sstill hated it..

mickkey
04-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Hi
It's not a great ride ..but not a bad ride. It's worth doing once,then you can decide. it doesn't move....but pretty noisey and some younger kids have left with their parents half way into the show. The pre show is cute, listen carefully to what the robot says...worth a few chuckles. We did it once every trip when my son was 8 til about age 11. (The chilly dog smell is pretty gross :sick:)

i'm grumpy
04-20-2009, 08:04 AM
I like Stitch so the ride is ok. I found Ailen boring and SO not worth the wait.

jusandnew
04-20-2009, 08:42 AM
I can not stand the ride. It is stupid. If it was not for my son I would not go on it. He is a Stitch fan . He has everything made from Stitch just about.
The ride you sit there and you may smell something. The bouncing on your shoulders hurts from the restraints on you. There is not much there. I do not see any reason of this ride. I think the Stitch Dance will be better if someone wants a Stitch part.

Ian
04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I always tell people to check things out for themselves and make up their own mind. Don't listen to us.

That being said, I hate it. It's just a horrible piece of garbage, IMO. The story is a mess, the effects are basically direct copies of Alien Encounter, it suffers from the same lack of re-rideability as Alien Encounter did, and it stinks.

No, I mean that literally ... it stinks. There's this nasty chili dog breath effect they use that just nauseates me. It's the most foul smelling thing outside of the skunk in JIYI. :sick:

marlaine
04-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Be very cautious when taking little ones on this attraction. My DS was 4 at the time and cried the whole time. The worst thing about it is that each seat is separate (you wear a helmet) and if a child gets scared, you can't hold them to comfort them. Every time we talk about our upcoming trip, he always says he doesn't want to go on it ever again--he enjoys TOT and Dinosaur though. Right now, Sounds Dangerous at Hollywood is seasonal, but it's about the same as Stitch.

wishiniwasthere
04-20-2009, 10:48 AM
I only rode it once and I guess there is a reason for that. All I remember was being in pain because of the restraints, and I literally wanted to vomit from the smell. Someone else mentioned JIYI, but that smell doesn't even come close to the one in the Stitch ride, to me. YUK! YUK! YUK! I sometimes think I would like to try it again, because sometimes the first time isn't always the best, but the smell just scares me away.

JPL
04-20-2009, 11:10 AM
I have to say if you loved AE you will most likely despise Stitch! Stitch is a watered down version of AE with a horrible smell added :sick:

PlutoPlanet
04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
I think Stich is the worst attraction in WDW. It hurt my shoulders. We go every year and will never do Stich again.

GothMickey
04-20-2009, 12:26 PM
I am planning a trip in Sept. so I have been reading posts and making plans. A few posts said very negative things about the Stitch ride. I went to Disney like 10 years ago and loved the Alien Encounter attraction. Is Stitch the same thing? Why are so many people dissing it?

In one word: YES.

I find many people who diss it are Alien Encounter fans upset that their attraction was removed. I didn't care for AE, and I don't care much for Stitch either.

Buddy08
04-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I wasn't very impressed with the ride and the smell stayed in my nose for the rest of the day.
I probably won't ever do it again.

dancin Disney style
04-20-2009, 01:18 PM
The first time we did it we thought it was ok. On our next trip, a year later, we did it again and didn't think it was worth a repeat. But...we like to do everything at least once.

Just a tip though.....when the shoulder harness is coming down make sure you are sitting up really tall because it comes down kind of hard and it doesn't move after that.

beksy
04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Stitch is the only ride I've ever gotten sick on and it was from the smell. :sick: I'm sensitive to smells and Stitch pushed it too far. So adding in the hurt shoulders we will never ride it again! I never rode AE so I can't compare the two.

Imagineer1981
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I think if you never rode AE, you might actually love this ride. Most people I've talked to have enjoyed this very much. I personally think its below average and AE was much better, but give it a shot

Ian
04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Have I mentioned how badly it stinks? :ack:

Jaybrad
04-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Stinks and is nasty!! I don't think they ever clean the seats.

BluewaterBrad
04-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I really liked AE. Stich is ok though. Usually see it every other visit. There is usually no line so you get inside pretty quick.:mickey:

minnesotafreeze
04-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I really enjoy this ride. The preshow and the ride are great. Maybe I like it because I think he Stitch movie is fantastic. I was disappointed when they got rid of AE but Stitch is just as good. The chili dog burp is hilarious.:mickey:

CaptSmee
04-20-2009, 11:43 PM

It gets dissed because it's lame. They took out AE and put in a kid's attraction that kid's don't even enjoy.

Red Randal
04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Yes. Yes it really is that bad.

JavaDuck
04-21-2009, 01:11 AM
I enjoyed AE during my first visit to WDW. So, when I and my other half checked out Stitch last year during my trip, I was expecting a similar experience. I was prepared for the nasty chili dog smell. Our experience started off bad due to a CM that was not great about giving directions. Perhaps, she was playing the part of an officer overseeing new recruits too much. Then there is the awful minutes of the entire experience. All I know, is that when we both walked out of the ride, we looked at each other and both said at the same time, "That is 10 minutes I've never get back".

With all of that said, I say still check it out for yourself. You may be one of the (few) guests that love the Stitch ride.

Mousemates
04-21-2009, 07:14 AM
It is essentially the same thing, except instead of being terrified the puprose now is to make you mildly apprehensive and a little grossed out. AE was apparently way too intense for WDW and left too many kids/teens/adults traumatized (ask my son about the girl who freaked out, screamed/cried the entire ride and left a wet seat (....he says he can still hear her))...the basic elements are still the same (you feel him on your chair, his breath, and you get sprayed), but its now a blue troll doll (He's not my favorite character) creating "madcap hijinks" instead of a killer alien causing "chaotic terror."

DisneyNut2005
04-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Call me crazy, but I think it is not bad.

I agree. Don't listen to the naysayers.

Stitch's Great Escape is a great attraction for what it is and, like any other attraction, should be tried by everyone at least once before forming their opinions.

IMO, Stitch is a much better fit for the Magic Kingdom than the all-too-intense Alien Encounter was.

P.S.: It's not a ride. It's a theater show.

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-21-2009, 02:26 PM
We had never ridden AE, but tried Stitch with our then Ds8 and Dd6. Like a PP mentioned, each seat is separate so you can't comfort anyone around you. My kids HATED it. Like mentioned above, every year the conversation happens..."We don't have to ride that again do we? That was awful."

TeamJonasSister
04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
We went on Stich and we hated it. It was gross!

trackbarroness
04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Just curious to why you all call Stitch a ride when it's a special effect show? :confused:

LudwigVonDrake
04-21-2009, 09:43 PM
It's not a ride it's an AA show that is bad...real bad :(

amrntodd
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
i dont really like the Stitch ride. its not a long wait becouse so many people can go on at once. I would not exactly call it a ride, more like a really short show. I hate the part when he burps, i feel like im about to puke. I say never go on it right after you eat. :ack:

DizneyRox
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Just curious to why you all call Stitch a ride when it's a special effect show? :confused:
After getting out, I feel like I was taken for a ride...

Mickey91
04-21-2009, 11:47 PM
It isn't scary...just stupid and gross:sick:

Giggy
04-22-2009, 01:33 PM
I actually liked it, last time we went was 21st October - 5th November 2004 and on our last day we were in Magic Kingdom before taking the sad journey back to the airport. We had to get going soon and though this ride hadn't officially opened at that point they were operating it, maybe for test runs?

Anyway, my mum was talking to a cast member in tomorrowland - I think we had gone to do Space Mountain again and had just got off. As we had to leave very shortly afterwards to head back the cast member said we could go on. As it is the last ride I went on at WDW (except the monorail and tram which I consider two extra rides!) I savoured every moment of it....well maybe not the chilli dog bit quite so much. :blush:

Only problem I found was the restraints came a bit too far down, though I think that was more a case of me not sitting up straight. I will know to sit up straight next time though. :mickey:

EDIT: Apparently I did my 100th post recently, I didn't notice.